News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 12:58AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 385
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me

Now that we have been shafted  for long term loyalty  we say if we come up trumps with the lotto we will ring in sick for six months with depression  lol

olive oil

Just a thought, will there be any conditions attached to the 'lump sum payments' for those affected?. Knowing Tesco they would have covered that one!
Would I be better off waiting until after the July payment?

Any mention of redundancy as an option?

Expressdude2016

you wouldn't get redundancy a it does not fall under that as there is no actual change in job role. If you leave within 6 months you would need to pay back the remaining lump sum.

optout

don't know, but when they gave the team leaders their lump sum it was unconditional, you can never tell with these idiots though, hence my earlier post saying you may be better waiting a while to see what happens. :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 02-02-16, 11:48PM
you wouldn't get redundancy a it does not fall under that as there is no actual change in job role. If you leave within 6 months you would need to pay back the remaining lump sum.

From my briefing with SM...." The lump sum is no strings attached " . Therefore by all means pocket the money and walk if you want to .

formerscoboy

Be careful ,  to much pain and drastic might decide to try and enforce a fully flex contract next year.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: BANDERSNATCH on 03-02-16, 08:01AM
Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 02-02-16, 11:48PM

From my briefing with SM...." The lump sum is no strings attached " . Therefore by all means pocket the money and walk if you want to .

Its in the usdaw reps guide. It will be briefed to effected people.

the rule book

Quote from: Morris999 on 02-02-16, 07:56PM
@ the rule book

Management pay is still being discussed by the relevant people and they won't find out till sometime in the spring!
Knowing Tesco they will announce this sometime in April/May after EOY reviews have been completed saying you are now on performance related pay again!(they are refusing to answer at this moment in time whether Team managers are on performance related pay or not!)
If you honestly believe that managers are going to come out of this better than the long serving colleagues who are affected then you are deluding yourself!

Team managers are going to be shafted big style in there coming pay review!

I would Like to say great to hear that but unlike a lot of time and a halfers I'm not so mean spirited and my manageress works her socks off.
I do find however it's creating an us and them attitude towards managers .
Not the one team mentally they promote, my manageress actually thinks its grossly unfair to penalise one section of her staff to compensate another and leave one member of staff completely untouched.

JCF

Quote from: lucgeo on 14-01-16, 09:50PM
Sudden drop in all the double timers hogging the Sunday rota's  :o the majority of double timers have dwindled in the past, and the only ones I know who do it in my store, are the close to retirement ones, who will gladly accept a buy out, to boost the pension coffers.
. They aren't offering a buy out

lucgeo

JCF

That post was written before the briefings were made public. It was of the time when all were making suppositions and conjectures!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

olive oil

Although I have yet to have my manager meeting regarding the new pay rates, I have today been informed, that any long term TL who works in Express and is currently on double bubble for working Sundays, will not get a lump sum payment as their contract of, 5 from 7, is deemed a flexible contract so no payment is due.

I'm not sure if this info has been correctly relayed or not, but has made me extremely hacked off!!!!

So what is the deal?

Expressdude2016

No that's incorrect every employees pay will be checked. It will be based on what you earned between Jan-Dec 2015.Then they will check what you would have earned for same timescale on new award. Then those taking home less would be liable for the parachute payment. Overtime etc is also included.

olive oil

Well that's how I read it, but an Express area manager has told an Express manager today different, which has now been relayed to affected staff, that no payment is due.

This is typical Tesco, nobody has got a clue what is going on.

Cuddlypup

Express dude, is that just employees in express who will have their pay checked or all employees? I thought it was only contracted Sunday staff who were receiving a payout.

claden

Quote from: Cuddlypup on 03-02-16, 04:54PM
Express dude, is that just employees in express who will have their pay checked or all employees? I thought it was only contracted Sunday staff who were receiving a payout.
I have the managers briefing guide and it says 'this review applies to all hourly rate paid customer assistants and team support/team leaders in uk stores and customer fulfilment centres, including any remaining section managers' So don't see how they can exclude express staff.

Cuddlypup

olive oil

Quote from: claden on 03-02-16, 05:07PM
Quote from: Cuddlypup on 03-02-16, 04:54PM
I have the managers briefing guide and it says 'this review applies to all hourly rate paid customer assistants and team support/team leaders in uk stores and customer fulfilment centres, including any remaining section managers' So don't see how they can exclude express staff.

Yet another ambiguous briefing guide!!
Nothing is crystal clear. >:D

Chiefstudbaker

So can we clear this one up burns originally said it was contracted staff only but our briefing and indeed the book itself tells us otherwise!!! Says all staff affected no mention of contracted only!!!

olive oil

Quote from: Hansolo on 03-02-16, 05:49PM
So can we clear this one up burns originally said it was contracted staff only but our briefing and indeed the book itself tells us otherwise!!! Says all staff affected no mention of contracted only!!!

It certainly needs clearing up, as an Express manager has now informed affected staff that they will not be receiving a lump sum.

picktocube

Quote from: Hansolo on 03-02-16, 05:49PM

I would go with what the booklet says.

lightmyfire

hi does anyone know how this will affect people on protected (retained )pay at sites such as livingston this was supposedly untouchable thanks

crabbit

It doesnt affect distribution at all.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

lightmyfire

Thanks ...wasn't  aware distribution isn't affected. ......yet

The-shelf-filler

How many people have left the union ?

There is roughly 30 that i know of who have left from my store.

horatiocain

If we didn't need the reps so much at my store everyone would leave the unions, including the reps, everyone is sick and tired of having these guys as our union, they've become a joke, they offer so little support to their members.

As for the compensation issue, your pay for last year will be calculated against the expected pay after the changes, doesn't matter if you've never worked a Sunday in your life, if you'll be works  off you'll receive a meeting where your compensation will be calculated, at least that's how it should work.
I've heard no mention of having to pay it back if you leave, I know of several long timers who are taking the payment then leaving to work elsewhere, and I can't say I blame them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk