News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:26PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 312
Total: 315

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optout

Admin

any chance of posting burns2015's new info as a sticky at the top, given its importance right now, as i imagine lots of new guests will be logging on trying to find it.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

savemefromthisplace

SAMCRO

Yeah thanks for the headsup. This will affect me, but at least I can prepare now.  :thumbup:

kaled78

so is np1 the 10pm to 12am premium,or the 12am to 6am premium?

Noobfirstclass

kaled78

well that's no surprise then.paving the way to save even more money when the powers that be decide to actually move the nightshift to twilights in a few months time

Mickymouse1962

so all old staff will be sh#fed no buy out no compensation  for loosing a benefit I feel a constructive  dismissal  claim coming on as it will be a change to my terms of employment

Tesco bird

Burns. So are double timers now getting time and a half. Still better than some who get just time and a bit. But still a kick in the teeth. (-*-)

cosmosmallpiece

Mickymouse 1962 - No Buyout any colleague who will be worse off after will receive a lump sum in July of the difference in loss covering 18 months.

the rule book

Where is this information coming from? It seems to me people are just guessing , s** stirring and making things up.

Here's the facts.
Tesco the employer have a contract to pay you so much every week.
You the emoloyee have the same contract and must supply your labour.

Now if any one of the party's wants to change the contract then it must be by mutal agreement.

If not its a dispute.
Taking away premuims that are in your contract would mean a break in contract by the employer and open them to legal regress.

The law of the united kingdom covers every inch of the kingdom , Tesco stores and depots are not magically imune from British law no matter how much they believe it to be.

Now onto the union on this matter, I have tried my best to find a statement or a press release.
Silence is the golden word from the body paid to look after and support workers interest.

So I'm confident Tesco are not going to change premiums without a compensation pakage.

Whisky1

As Burns is so well informed are there going to be any further structure changes . Heard rumours about pm and compliance?

Titch

Quote from: cosmosmallpiece on 26-01-16, 05:29PM
Mickymouse 1962 - No Buyout any colleague who will be worse off after will receive a lump sum in July of the difference in loss covering 18 months.
That will mean that all colleagues currently on double time will be worse off so therefore they will all receive the lump sum ? Is that correct ?

kaled78

so most of us full time night workers will loose 40 hours of np1 a month,that's a fair bit of dosh

Equalizer87

Quote from: the rule book on 26-01-16, 05:38PM
Where is this information coming from? It seems to me people are just guessing , s** stirring and making things up.

Here's the facts.
Tesco the employer have a contract to pay you so much every week.
You the emoloyee have the same contract and must supply your labour.

Now if any one of the party's wants to change the contract then it must be by mutal agreement.

If not its a dispute.
Taking away premuims that are in your contract would mean a break in contract by the employer and open them to legal regress.

The law of the united kingdom covers every inch of the kingdom , Tesco stores and depots are not magically imune from British law no matter how much they believe it to be.

Now onto the union on this matter, I have tried my best to find a statement or a press release.
Silence is the golden word from the body paid to look after and support workers interest.

So I'm confident Tesco are not going to change premiums without a compensation pakage.

Yes in the same way Tesco try to enforce an 8 hours beak between shifts when legally it is 11 hours.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

burns2015

Quote from: Whisky1 on 26-01-16, 05:40PM
As Burns is so well informed are there going to be any further structure changes . Heard rumours about pm and compliance?

Not well informed pal all Store Managers were briefed yesterday just some don't keep it quiet or leave there brief lying about for others to read.

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: Tesco bird on 26-01-16, 05:27PM
Burns. So are double timers now getting time and a half. Still better than some who get just time and a bit. But still a kick in the teeth. (-*-)

Not pleased overall , ( bigger picture  ) but to those 20 year served colleagues who told me to my face when I started that I was not to do Sundays as Sunday was theirs......... Enjoy your basic rate Sundays , I am just doing what you told me to do .😀😀😀😀😀😂😂😂😉😇

cosmosmallpiece

Yes Titch thats how I read it

SAMCRO

It's simple -

Eradication of double time. Those who currently get paid double time premium will no longer be paid such. They will move to time and a half.

Night premium 1 is hours worked 22:00 - 00:00.

Anyone facing a loss of earnings will be compensated with 18months worth the difference.

Plato

So am I right in thinking, it will be contracted double timers who get the buyout ? In my store some do the odd Sunday, and some never do any . It would not be fair for the non contracted to be compensated to the same level as they have been doing the Sunday as overtime  ( which is voluntary ) .

Noobfirstclass

I would imagine people who are contracted to times when the premiums apply will receive compensation as they're not just going to give money away to people who aren't contracted, I can't see that they would give away £x amount to staff when they don't need to..
Just read on the forum brief that payroll is being kept flat as stated last year so how is there a pay rise..?

burns2015

It is for contracted colleagues only or people on a 5 from 7 day contract who do some sundays.

burns2015

Quote from: Noobfirstclass on 26-01-16, 06:12PM
I would imagine people who are contracted to times when the premiums apply will receive compensation as they're not just going to give money away to people who aren't contracted, I can't see that they would give away £x amount to staff when they don't need to..
Just read on the forum brief that payroll is being kept flat as stated last year so how is there a pay rise..?

That was last year payroll being kept flat.This is for this the 2016 pay reward.

Pathfinder

I'm not contracted to work Sunday's , I have to work them as part of my rota in express I've prob worked 45 Sunday's last yr . So why should I be treated any different from somebody whose  contracted for Sunday's surly who ever has worked Sunday's gets the difference based over the 18 months.

burns2015

Quote from: diesel.pi on 26-01-16, 06:17PM
I'm not contracted to work Sunday's , I have to work them as part of my rota in express I've prob worked 45 Sunday's last yr . So why should I be treated any different from somebody whose  contracted for Sunday's surly who ever has worked Sunday's gets the difference based over the 18 months.

Your different your would get it a your on a 5 from 7 contract So you would get it based on difference averaged over a 12 month  period.

Noobfirstclass

Quote from: burns2015 on 26-01-16, 06:17PM
Quote from: Noobfirstclass on 26-01-16, 06:12PM

That was last year payroll being kept flat.This is for this the 2016 pay reward.
It's on the forum pack I literally just read that came down earlier. I'll look again lol
Edit: yes it does say holding payroll investment flat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk