News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:42PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 309
Total: 313

Stance on Uniform?

Started by Chambers21, 10-09-20, 11:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chambers21

The Tesco trousers never fit me properly and so the previous store manager let me wear some blue trousers from F&F but now she has left and my current manager is constantly hassling me to wear the proper trousers. This really affects my anxiety when i am working and im wondering if they can actually FORCE me to wear them. Various other staff members wear black trousers and nobody seems to ever say anything. The ones i wear are blue and smart so i really don't see what the problem is.

Plato

Did you order your uniform trousers yourself ? There is a “contact us” button on the ordering website, where you can report your issues to Dimensions. I realise that doesn’t help you with your  problem , but you can show your manager you have a problem with the fit etc, and you have raised your concerns with the manufacturer.

( I agree totally , the new design is beyond awful, spend every shift pulling the darn things up 😁 ).

lucgeo

Is it a sizing issue with the uniform trousers?? I.e. They don't do your size, the smallest size fitting being too big to comfortably wear with confidence, or the largest size fitting being restrictive and unable to comfortably wear with confidence?
Should that be the case, it is up to Tesco to provide your size or allow you to purchase privately and reimburse you costs.

If it is just the fitting in general you don't like ...I.e. You feel they don't suit you, not your type, then this is purely a personal preference and the manager is correct in insisting you wear the uniform provided. However...as other colleagues are not adhering to the full uniform ( black trousers ) then to single you out is discriminatory.

I personally used to purchase my own navy trousers, after refusing my uniform allocation.  I did invite, via P.P.'s email, to whom ever passed the paper thin formal trousers as 'fit for purpose' should perhaps put in a shift, in a freezing warehouse...or attempt to wear the low rise combats, unsuitable for the larger person, on the shop floor, bending and filling shelves whilst trying to retain ones dignity!

If you're wearing smart, plain, navy trousers, then I really fail to see the issue here?

Dimensions supply many workplaces, and my postie partner's dimension uniform is of such a better quality...fleeces and trousers are much thicker.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

StinkyPoo

The ladies new smart button up the front trousers are an awful fit. They are huge around the waist/hip, but tight in the leg. Every time I bend over my backside is on show!

Welshie

I actually find the new trousers a much better fit but I have a big belly and skinny legs , the previous ones looked like clown trousers on me .

@chambers21 when you say blue do you mean navy ? In our store as long as colleagues are wearing smart navy trousers noone cares if they're Tesco issue or not .

TypoRange

I think the fabric on them have gotten worse as well, also the size 8's no longer fit me when I have two older pairs of the same size that do.
I had to go to a 10 and even then they are miles too long and are really loose.

Darth Tosco

I stopped wearing tosco issued trousers after the 1st week. Switched to regatta brand as they are warmer (and have a little elasticated sides to compensate for big sunday dinners). In 15 years of wearing them, I only ever had 1 manager complain, and that was because Tesco were not wearing combat style as part of the uniform back then (they said it was a shoplifting risk. Nice of them to have so much faith in their staff).  A lot of staff are complaining about the newest design, as the righthand side pocket of the combats is no longer there. As long as your trousers are the same colour, it shouldn't matter.

lucgeo

Obviously trialled and tested by a left handed person  8-)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

viperex

Hate the new uniform and can you actually wear as bottoms . Have seen people wear joggers and combats .

randomworker

Quote from: Chambers21 on 10-09-20, 11:39AMThe Tesco trousers never fit me properly and so the previous store manager let me wear some blue trousers from F&F but now she has left and my current manager is constantly hassling me to wear the proper trousers. This really affects my anxiety when i am working and im wondering if they can actually FORCE me to wear them. Various other staff members wear black trousers and nobody seems to ever say anything. The ones i wear are blue and smart so i really don't see what the problem is.

You're not required to wear Tesco trousers. Anything dark colour and not heavily branded is good to go. So leggings (not see through) and jeans are good if that helps you

viperex

Quote from: randomworker on 19-01-23, 05:38PM
Quote from: Chambers21 on 10-09-20, 11:39AMThe Tesco trousers never fit me properly and so the previous store manager let me wear some blue trousers from F&F but now she has left and my current manager is constantly hassling me to wear the proper trousers. This really affects my anxiety when i am working and im wondering if they can actually FORCE me to wear them. Various other staff members wear black trousers and nobody seems to ever say anything. The ones i wear are blue and smart so i really don't see what the problem is.

You're not required to wear Tesco trousers. Anything dark colour and not heavily branded is good to go. So leggings (not see through) and jeans are good if that helps you

Black plain joggers ? Also is there a Official Tesco guide as what to wear and not ?

Elly1519

viperex

Yes there is an official guide on Colleague Help. Search New Uniform- What good looks like

randomworker

Will say I miss the cargo pants as the side pocket was ideal for holding my keys and cards. These chino ones is more style (if you can call it that) than functional

Shoestring

The royal blue tops and gilets are very uncomfortable. They are thick on the neck and cause neck ache and headache and heavier than previous designs. A simple light design would be better than these new royal blue ones they are horrible!

gomezz

If you mean the fleeces then yes I have noticed the collars are thicker and hard to turn down but in my case not uncomfortably so.  As a dot com driver my beef with them over the old ones is the lack of a windproof lining to stop the chill winds blowing throwing the fabric - not a problem in store staff would generally notice and not something I think the designers even gave a thought to. I have a cyclists thin windcheater which I sometime wear underneath if it gets particularly bad.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk