News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:08PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 278
Total: 285

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2020/07/25/tesco-to-end-contracts-with-migrant-worker-agencies/

Quote“In order to adhere to new government policies on recruiting workers from outside of Malaysia, we have been gradually reducing the number of service contracts with agencies to directly recruit more Malaysians,” a Tesco spokesman told FMT.

Will other countries/governments follow ? should they ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53538395

QuoteTesco has confirmed it is set to close its Metro store on Belfast's Royal Avenue in the next year as its "lease comes to an end".

Quite a number of Belfast shoppers will miss it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Welshie

The Belfast metro is a weird one , it was closed for a long time due to a massive fire in a nearby building . Many retailers are fighting with landlords to have a reduction in rent and with Belfast city council about a reduction in rates . There are still pedestrian issues around that area I think and there are 2 expresses quite closely.

Nomad

Tesco worker finds spider believed worlds venomous arachnid unpacking bananas

QuoteIt was reported that the spider's venom was being used for studying erectile dysfunction after it was found a bite from the spider can leave men with painful four-hour erections.

Panic buying of boxes of bananas by senior citizens is expected soon  ;D  ;D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Munchkin

Never mind the senior citizens am off to get some bananas got the week off lol

Nomad

Tesco apologises as mum left disgusted by ‘racist’ T-shirt featuring a black mermaid with ‘too fluffy’ hair

I may need a little help here, would a 'white' mermaid with short hair and captioned "her hair is too short" be a racist comment/advert ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Mark calloway

That t-shirt is NOT racist in the slightest. What a joke

NightAndDay

[admin]Deleted, off topic and post unsuitable.[/admin]

Mark calloway

Quote from: Nomad on 04-08-20, 10:32AM
Tesco worker finds spider believed worlds venomous arachnid unpacking bananas

QuoteIt was reported that the spider's venom was being used for studying erectile dysfunction after it was found a bite from the spider can leave men with painful four-hour erections.

Panic buying of boxes of bananas by senior citizens is expected soon  ;D  ;D
I've ordered 6 boxes

[admin] ;D ;D[/admin]

Siwel123

Some good news really, while we all love a good moan against Tesco, this is good news

bugsbunny

Anyone got any information  on T##co and AO .Com ? Business page of The Sun today?

Nomad

https://armaghi.com/news/lurgan-news/tesco-cancel-deliveries-in-north-lurgan-for-seven-days-after-weekend-hijacking/115543

QuoteTesco have cancelled home deliveries in the north Lurgan area for seven days after one of their vans was hijacked and set alight on Sunday night.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

tempworker2020

Quote from: grim up north on 24-08-20, 06:36PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53890220

Good news, but not good news for the temps that got let go at 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 12 weeks of their contracts.

grim up north

T* getting 25hrs 'free' work. Christmas has come early..

NightAndDay

Quote from: grim up north on 02-09-20, 05:37PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53985144#comment_140632734

You don't need any experience to work in Retail, the sooner the government stops wasting money for training in unskilled industries and starts reinvesting into things that matter, the better off we will all be.

There was something similar 10 years ago called workfare, it rightly got called out and scrutinised for what it is, modern day slavery, Tesco doesn't need free labour, it should pay a wage to all who work there, anyone that says otherwise is a draconian tory donut.

penguin

Yeah I remember workfare and then compaines quickly removing themselves from it when the backflash came, it will be even worse this time with so much more social media use. Anyway Tesco can now find room for one extra person, I will on Monday with the greatest of pleasure be handing in my notice and starting a new job the following week.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Glad to hear it, , good luck in your new job.

grim up north

@penguin, good luck. But what makes you think T* will replace you?

penguin

Thank you both, and I know full well I wont be replaced our store is way overspent on payroll as it is.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

It's not right what many people have to go through at this despicable company, hopefully more of your downtrodden colleagues leave for better jobs to.

Nomad

Good luck penguin, we've disagreed at times but all the best in your new position  8)  :thumbup:

I hope you'll still pop in here.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

Eyyy up penguin lad/lass....all the best in your new job...good luck matey, been a pleasure exchanging posts, debates and ideas with you  :thumbup: :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk