News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 05:27PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 523
Total: 524

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londoner83

If the company offered all managers redundancy they would at a stroke lose years and years of experience.

As shown in last year's stock control and merchandising restructure probably a much higher number of managers would take it than expected and multiple stores would then struggle with skills gaps.

When managers leave of their own accord every year its probably more effective to just not backfill their roles.

Mildew

Ten million for redundancy for all managers?! :D  Our store alone would cost half a million .

NightAndDay

Regardless of how they do it, they will do it so there's a sense of congruity between formats, if TMs were made to go down to SL in one format they'll do the same with others. They may well keep lead team and just downgrade the TMs. Metro still has TM positions in place, mass redundancy might not have to be an option.

Me2015

Surely m360, if the process was 3 month informal then the 6 month informal conversation with Food Stock guys, and the lack of jobs in certain areas, what is the plan do you know?

There is only so many times that can be said, how can the store manager push you into a role that doesn't exist or is not similar to current role.  given the lack of jobs, I  have  only Been asked  twice over the last 5 months, and one of these was a PT manager!

NightAndDay

They have to keep to their consultation deadlines, any diversion from the process risks breaking the law and becoming susceptible to unfair dismissal cases, make sure you keep the law in mind if they let you go without paying redundancy, specifically that any alternative position offered has to be "reasonable" which could mean no difference in salary, distance to location or work timetable.

yelsel

Just need to know if pi haven't been told to change is it not happening to us or has no one been told yet  thanks

Me2015

Thanks NightandDay, I've looked into what you have said further, it's very interesting reading in relation to what they can and can't offer to me.

I'm just hoping the latest announcement does not detract from the fact we were spoken to nearly 6 months ago to be told the job is going and integrated into the Stock and Admin role. 

Two weeks to go.....

Blackcat3

@strebor there hasn't been an official announcement yet just what's been said on here

yelsel

Blackcat3 ok thanks . Will it be long before we find out do you know . We didn't change hrs on pi last time just trying to find out if we will have to this time thanks

Blackcat3

Ours was the same didn't change its usually sometime in Feb and changes come in may unless its leaked like last year

yelsel

Will have to wait and see then

chris9997

If managers and or staff from a department like pi are displaced it surely would not always be a redundancy situation. Also I was under the idea that managers signed up to be moved when signed off options.
Just because a member of staff on say pi are not required could they not then be put on say checkouts.

madness

My contract says I am a xxxx department manager. The store assistants say replenishment as opposed to bread and cakes. This changed a year or 2 ago.

tobybeecher

I've just been asked for all pi to fill out availability forms. The manager claimed it was store wide. Pretty sure an hour change is coming now.

lucgeo

It would suggest that RHRP is being looked at, as m360 said the SM's had been told in last week's meeting.

Are you on a permanent, fixed hours contract? As the ruling used to be that these colleagues were not obliged to fill in an availability form, but I'm unsure if this is still the agreement ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Pallettruck2020

I've heard on the grape vine that they're re-introducing the people managers into the shops, but putting them as a team managers instead. And F+F night team is coming back, as well as meat and fish. Dont know how true it is though

hannibal

So some departments in stores have been looked at and they are over hours mostly checkouts,SAYS as the one in front fail rate has increased to 10% so they think that will make checkouts over hours also SAYS is now card only so they are looking to save hours there,hours are store specific so will vary from store to store also RHRP is being looked at across stores not sure what other departments are affected

SAMCRO

All managers at my store were in a 2hour meeting this week - New heat map to come down week 3. One manager told me hours are being stripped back again, I suspect he knows more than he can say.

LittleMiss

Got told yesterday we are to lose 10 hours on csd in our store and that's before they stop selling menthol & dual cigarettes 🙄..we single man on all breaks including Saturdays when there's only 2 people on at one time... it's a joke 😡

Teddybonkers

"Loosing 10hrs", only "two staff on a CSD desk"- poor old you!  Try working in an Express for a week. I'd swop with you in a heartbeat.

madness

If that's a big superstore or extra then 1 during breaks on a sat isn't enough. The footfall can be huge and take more than an entire express just in fag sales.  And i'm not biased because i say this f****ng hating the desk.

londoner83

If you do moneygram on your desk, no way will one person cope on a Friday or Saturday

LittleMiss

Teddybonkers  no need for Poor old you... everyone's in the same boat regardless if it's express or superstore.  🙄 It's a superstore and can guarantee at least 2 money grams go through daily. The only time there are 2 people working at same time Monday to Saturday is between 12.00 & 17.00    All other times we are single manning. That includes a Saturday. As for break cover 🤔 not one person is trained on other departments so we have to rely on the duty manager to cover (which  their not happy about) but hey ho tough luck on them.. by the way I have worked in express before so I do know what it's like.

LittleMiss

Meant to say 10.00-17.00

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk