Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 12:36PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 538
Total: 540

Spotting any changes to stores when they removed nights

Started by Bobmay, 17-08-23, 03:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmay

I have a question for those who use to work in a store that no longer has night shift.When they removed your night were you told this by the union before the manager told you?  In my store the manager doesn't know what is happening with regards to night shift in the store.Instead the union has told him a few months ago they will removed nights by the end of this year. They are also changing the store layout and reduces some sections and doing other bits of renovation.

1982dave

Nights were removed in my store years ago and no one from union said anything it was store and senior managers who did . I've been also made redundant and my self and others instore did not see anyone in the union with regards redundancy we had a redundancy manager who came into store and spoke to everybody who was made redundant.. as from layout changes there's 4 big Tescos in my area they are all having refits refurbs ... but I hate to say it the chances of you getting redundancy are slim to none I'm back with the company  and with deli counters being removed in my store there was a fair few and not one got redundancy they were spread across store

stressco

When nights were removed there was a gradual reduction in shelf ends at every aisle.We knew that we were getting the bullet and repeatedly asked the store manager about it and he denied it and told us to stop spreading scare stories That b#@strd was told months before and was planning for it increasing dayshift workforce and refusing to replace our staff that had left he tried to work us like dogs to get us to walk before we could get redundancy Luckily we had a good night shift manager who also sussed what was going to happen and wouldn't let him try it on with his staff some of whom he had worked with for over 10 years and fought our corner.The union knew well before also and did sweet fa except finally come in when we were getting our final paperwork and redundancy breakdown USDAW stands for Useless Seven Days A Week do not give them your money they are firmly in cahoots with Tesco. Don't listen to anybody who says you won't get redundancy it's all bol#£@ks if you are a nightshift worker and they decide to pull that shift then that is an unreasonable change of hours and contract therefore qualifying for redundancy it doesn't matter what Tesco say the law is the law.Also don't believe any store manager who says they don't know what is going to happen they are lying through their teeth they will laugh and joke with you to your face and the minute your backs turned sink the knife in.I know quite a few ex managers and one in particular showed me on his phone some of the messages from his store manager if the staff knew what was being said on WhatsApp they would be trashing their car before they clocked off at 3 o'clock for some fictitious meeting.

Biscuit tin

They definitely know what they're doing. Purposely winding down the night team slowly and painfully, working everyone to the bone, hoping you'll quit. But hold in there, that Golden Redundancy awaits you at some point.

Bobmay

Quote from: 1982dave on 17-08-23, 03:41PMNights were removed in my store years ago and no one from union said anything it was store and senior managers who did . I've been also made redundant and my self and others instore did not see anyone in the union with regards redundancy we had a redundancy manager who came into store and spoke to everybody who was made redundant.. as from layout changes there's 4 big Tescos in my area they are all having refits refurbs ... but I hate to say it the chances of you getting redundancy are slim to none I'm back with the company  and with deli counters being removed in my store there was a fair few and not one got redundancy they were spread across store
I wouldn't say they are slim to none. My store was a former metro now Express. I gave been working at this store for many years. Before we use to recive 100 cages a night now we receive only 20 cages a night for fresh and 15 for grocery. They are going to have a reinvention soon. Abd it is confirmed by the union they are getting rid of night shift at the end of year tesco wants

Bobmay

Quote from: stressco on 17-08-23, 05:50PMWhen nights were removed there was a gradual reduction in shelf ends at every aisle.We knew that we were getting the bullet and repeatedly asked the store manager about it and he denied it and told us to stop spreading scare stories That b#@strd was told months before and was planning for it increasing dayshift workforce and refusing to replace our staff that had left he tried to work us like dogs to get us to walk before we could get redundancy Luckily we had a good night shift manager who also sussed what was going to happen and wouldn't let him try it on with his staff some of whom he had worked with for over 10 years and fought our corner.The union knew well before also and did sweet fa except finally come in when we were getting our final paperwork and redundancy breakdown USDAW stands for Useless Seven Days A Week do not give them your money they are firmly in cahoots with Tesco. Don't listen to anybody who says you won't get redundancy it's all bol#£@ks if you are a nightshift worker and they decide to pull that shift then that is an unreasonable change of hours and contract therefore qualifying for redundancy it doesn't matter what Tesco say the law is the law.Also don't believe any store manager who says they don't know what is going to happen they are lying through their teeth they will laugh and joke with you to your face and the minute your backs turned sink the knife in.I know quite a few ex managers and one in particular showed me on his phone some of the messages from his store manager if the staff knew what was being said on WhatsApp they would be trashing their car before they clocked off at 3 o'clock for some fictitious meeting.
Thanks for confirming. In my store it is one of the final ones that still has nightshift whilst being an express store.Ae were metro before and use to have 100 cages a night most nights now we only get 45 cages at most.I was told by my manager they don't  know about nights and that only the union told him that they want to remove night shift by end of the year. They are also renovating the store aswell.

Duff McKagan

We are having big re-merch in September with some products being transferred from shelves to MUs so fingers crossed its a sign 🤞

jonty

We've had Tesco pasta go to MU in our store recently.

Sherwoodforest

Tesco looking at ranges again anyway,nothing out of the ordinary there,weve also had pasta on mu,s ,probably because big bag pasta gone,and loads of cage locations years ago put in,but still filling on nights here
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

kaled78

we had a new store manager start 2 months ago and filling w&s has gone back to nights since he arrived,they have even employed 2 people to do this,the people who worked w&s in the day have been moved to fresh

whatajoke2019

We've not had any units for pasta in our store (yet) - think some of the changes taking place are to boost profits & try and attract some of the upmarket shoppers in 'premium' stores.

Bobmay

Quote from: stressco on 17-08-23, 05:50PMWhen nights were removed there was a gradual reduction in shelf ends at every aisle.We knew that we were getting the bullet and repeatedly asked the store manager about it and he denied it and told us to stop spreading scare stories That b#@strd was told months before and was planning for it increasing dayshift workforce and refusing to replace our staff that had left he tried to work us like dogs to get us to walk before we could get redundancy Luckily we had a good night shift manager who also sussed what was going to happen and wouldn't let him try it on with his staff some of whom he had worked with for over 10 years and fought our corner.The union knew well before also and did sweet fa except finally come in when we were getting our final paperwork and redundancy breakdown USDAW stands for Useless Seven Days A Week do not give them your money they are firmly in cahoots with Tesco. Don't listen to anybody who says you won't get redundancy it's all bol#£@ks if you are a nightshift worker and they decide to pull that shift then that is an unreasonable change of hours and contract therefore qualifying for redundancy it doesn't matter what Tesco say the law is the law.Also don't believe any store manager who says they don't know what is going to happen they are lying through their teeth they will laugh and joke with you to your face and the minute your backs turned sink the knife in.I know quite a few ex managers and one in particular showed me on his phone some of the messages from his store manager if the staff knew what was being said on WhatsApp they would be trashing their car before they clocked off at 3 o'clock for some fictitious meeting.
Hello I have a finally question which month did they announce they were removing nights from your store? And which month did it happen?

Bobmay

Tesco stated they will be removing some branded items and instead will be bringing in their own label items.

Bubbles12

Kaled78 We also have been told that wine and only wine is now back onto night fill.
Store manager has given some extra hours to nights for this.
However when there are any offers on wine day shift are to help out.
Cannot see that happening!

Bobmay

My store is getting refurbished different sections will be reduced etc.Has anyone who got redundancy saw the same thing happen to them? Before they removed nights they refurbished part of the store reduced sections etc?

Duff McKagan

When was your store last refurbished? It could simply be that your store has come to the point where it needs a refresh. Having a store refurbished is in no way a sign that night shifts are coming to an end and shouldn't be taken in that way.

madness

big GM refurb going on at the moment across all stores. Could just be that.

jonty

Bobmay is a Tesco Tinkerbell. 'She' needs constant attention or will waste away under her own ego.

And FFS Bobbykins, please don't quote the immediate prior post you silly cu...

^ That one's for you Nomad 🙏🏻 😉

Bobmay

Hello has anyone who use to work nights did the union inform you before tesco announced that nights were going?

Duff McKagan

Most people found out on the news before tesco or the union told them

Bobmay

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 24-09-23, 12:40PMMost people found out on the news before tesco or the union told them
So as rumours? In my store we have rumours even one of the delivery drivers who deliveries donuts crispy creme donuts was asking us are they removing nights.we are the the only Express store that still has nights.we use to make e million a month as a metro store now we make 600k a month at most

Duff McKagan

No the information on redundancies was leaked to the press before staff were informed by tesco or the union. Sometimes distribution will also be informed of changes before staff in store as they need time to make adjustments. But until you are told in person by your management you should treat all rumours as just that...rumours

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay aaaa that crispy creme driver who delivers to every single tesco  in the uk,yeah he must know how many former metros have nights still,expect your redundancy soon then
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Bobmay

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 25-09-23, 07:40PM@bobmay aaaa that crispy creme driver who delivers to every single tesco  in the uk,yeah he must know how many former metros have nights still,expect your redundancy soon then
No one told him yet he asked us this question when are they going g to remove nights from my store. Most likely he was told by head office

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk