News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:54AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

References

Started by alexsafc96, 12-06-18, 12:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougall

I think it’s fair to say in this situation it wouldn’t be punishable by death, also you asked for a reference they said you do it, that wasn’t an actual direct order was it as it was something you wanted yourself.
Also I said you could’ve lied about all of it . Accountability doesn’t just sit with a manager does it, in life we are all accountable in different ways and like to be seen a whiter than white . In this situation you have described, you have been deceitful, as that reference is not genuine, it’s you talking about yourself. If you were in your employers situation I think you would take a very dim view of what you did .

NightAndDay

Which would all be well and good if the manager didn't give his seal of approval. The fact that it was rubber stamped by a senior figure means it passed his assessment of it being a fair and balanced representation of me being a worker. I would say deceitful is a bit of a stretch, I would say it was more along the lines of lack of corporate governance resulted in whst happened, after all, who am I, at the time a humble shift leader to argue the decisions of our at the time superior officers, if the system doesn't prevent it, then it is permitted one could say,

Dougall

Still don’t think the new employer would see it that way. There are also lots of things that systems don’t prevent, but that doesn’t make it right .

NightAndDay

If my reference was ever called into question for whatever reason,one of the first things asked would be, "Is this the referencers signature?" To which I would say yes. The signature means that what is wtlritten on the reference may as we have been said by the horses mouth.

Dougall

Did you forge that aswell?

NightAndDay

As a government official, I think your insinuation shows that you're a disestablishmentarian. No, I do have some integrity, thank you and good day.

Dougall

My comments make no reference to disestablishmentarianism which is to do with severing ties between church and state .  8-). It is all to do with you ..........

Nomad

[admin]Thank you both, at this point we will give others the space to post questions/answers regarding references.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

pssstt...anyone want a dodgy reference, I know just the government official  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

All part of the service, indeed, If I can help anyone out of Tesco into a job that reminds them that they're human again then I would write all the dodgy references needed.

Redshoes

Can't move on though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk