News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:55AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 295
Total: 300

Long term sick - pushed aside

Started by dfl, 07-09-21, 02:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfl

I've been off for about 4 weeks from work with a suspected hernia, had manager contact me regarding changing to another job, the word temporary was used, I'm currently permanent staff.

What are the risks (being sceptical) of accepting such a change ? or is it something I'd have to accept.

Comments/advice welcomed.
DFL

horatiocain

You should have had a wellness meeting to discuss your condition, shockingly it hasn't happened correctly.

You can move to a temporary position to allow you to continue to work rather than be off sick  it's not permanent and your old position will be waiting when you get better.
I always tell people to listen to their GP, because Tesco couldn't care about you.

At your wellness meeting they should have asked to refer you to OH.

I'd say stay off until your GP agrees you can go back and ask them what adaptations they suggest.
Managers will often make a claim they can only support for a short period  this is untrue and adjustments can be made for any length of time, and they'll also say they can't make a job  but they can adjust your duties to something you can do it there is something you can do.

Don't be afraid to lay down the law

dfl

Definitely am listening to my gp, the line specifically says not fit for work and i'll abide by it. Thanks for the above
DFL

valleyboy

@horatiocain

Yes a wellness meeting should have been arranged an informal one

Not sure if your advice about staying off will help the poster financially.

The claim about managers is correct all reps should have had the updated brief by now. Managers can do vert little its up to the adjustment panel to decide what's a reasonable adjustment

Temporary isn't described in detail by the poster as Temporary may mean a temporary change of role not contract to help him rtw

dfl

My gut feeling is change of role being offered is to a job which would be less secure, so yes change of contract, also exactly what info regarding diagnosis is tesco entitled to either before or on return, as its a very sensitive matter ?
DFL

Plato

I had an accident and was referred to the fracture clinic. When the doctor found out who I worked for and what temporary job option was offered, he signed me off for a long enough period to be fully recovered, as he considered the temporary job to be unsuitable ( and detrimental ) to my recovery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk