News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 297
Total: 301

Regional people partners

Started by beentheredoneit, 31-07-21, 02:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beentheredoneit

just heard that regional people partners - the ones above the ones you see in store - are being culled. They are being given redundancy.
If any of them read this, I would like to thank you for all your support when our jobs went. What goes around comes around - at least you are bein well rewarded.
beentheredoneit

VladPutin

Well said. :)

Goodbye, good luck, good riddance. >:D

King1999

Let's hope it's the same cold,heartless goodbye a lot of our colleagues received from this messed up company.

whatajoke2019

Unfortunately our 'store level' People Partner puts in less apperances than the Loch Ness Monster so I wouldn't even know who our Regional one was!

Amazing, however, they can offer redundancy to the RPPs but not those of us who are told it's a 'soft structure change'  ???

VladPutin

This. I wouldn't know who our, "people partner" - seriously, who thinks up these names? - was if I tripped over them. I genuinely didn't even know there was another, even less useful, layer of management above them. 8-)

NightAndDay

It's about time, we all know Tesco act illegally and break employment law, getting rid of these bureaucrats is the first step towards Tesco being honest with themselves that they're a psychopathic unethical corporation. Everyone knows it, hiring these glorified PR pushers is an unnecessary expense as every knows what they're like.

OvaSees

Since it changed from 'Personel' to 'HR', which coincided with the introduction of a lot of employment law legislation, it's important to acknowledge that they are not there to protect you - they are there to protect the company. It was all just a process until it affected them.

penguin

Our old in store PM from a few years ago got promoted to this role, she only ever used to be in store 9-5 Monday to Friday, she never did weekends at all and spent most of the day sat with the SM in the instore costa having free drinks as the pair of them never paid for them, and yes it was reported to Tesco and Costa to no avail.

I can also recall one occasion where a lad who usually worked weekends only as he was at college during the week just happened to be doing some weekday overtime in the holidays and asked them pm why she was never in at weekends reply was "I aint interested in working weekends, all I do at weekends is buy dresses and get drunk" and that is the sort of person Tesco thought fit to promote.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Dooby27

If the regional people partners are being made redundant, that means the stores people partners could be halved as well. There probably going to an Aldi type format whereby if team managers cannot deal with the issues, the difficult ones are sent to the office. Are the regional people partners not going to exist in any format, as working in stores they are distant.

londoner83

Believe so. Its going to a self help system now so if you have a issue you go to colleague help for the answers.

Seeing as the People Partners were as seldom seen as a big visit on a Friday/Saturday night I cant see them being missed.

RocketRonnie100

I think to be honest, the whole thing is a complete joke, and so were they.

Never saw them, was never even asked by the old group PM if I was OK or did I need anything?!

They are laughing all the way out of the company and can enjoy maybe another 6/12 months off before they find another job.

The problem is that they watch others suffer at their own hands and when it comes to them... 'don't worry we've got your back'.

It really beggars belief.

Srgd2170

What's more of a joke is that they aren't all going, being reduced down to 3 across the large store format. So how are the others getting redundancy when the role hasn't actually gone. Why is it not classed as a soft structure change. 1 rule for 1. So fair and transparent this company is!!!!

NightAndDay

Tesco has only recently started to begin to see the ROI offered by ERP products, from what I understand the digital tranformation facilitated by work and pay and the use of Oracle cloud HCM as an ERP platform will automate a lot of HR admin and business processes meaning it will free up HR resources to focus on HR strategy (future compensation packages and structure) and management of people and not be bogged down with admin heavy activities such as reconcilliations and validations.

VladPutin

I'm actually surprised they're being offered redundancy. When the Pointless Managers were removed from stores, the ones who didn't make the cut were simply moved sideways into other non-jobs.

Intrepidfox

If the Regional People Partners have been reduced by 50% then maybe the People Partners for the Stores will be reduced as well?

Dooby27

It would make sense that the people partners are given a larger area to cover. I assume the regional people partners that are going are being offered redundancy and not other jobs.

stockstaffreduction

Redundancy was not on offer - was and is my understanding.
However they did not leave empty handed, that im pretty sure of.

forrestgimp

How do you get people to voluntarily leave a job without offering redundancy?

FarmerFred

Termination of employment by mutual agreement - usually involves a deal sweetener for the employee. However, it's a bit of a grey area in terms of legalities as they employee could still come back with a claim for unfair dismissal - especially when there's a reduction in job numbers.

Dooby27

It sounds like they may have been paid off, I suspect they will no longer need lots of people partners in stores. Highly likely that staff will use a portal to access information I.e our tosco.

NightAndDay

Similar thing happened to Express SOMs a few years back, they reduced the numbers but kept the position, one I know who got affected got a 6 figure payout as a sweetner. (I think 3x his salary). And got a job as a store manager of a large format hardware store at the same time.

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: forrestgimp on 05-08-21, 09:47AM
How do you get people to voluntarily leave a job without offering redundancy?

Most financial settlements to leave a company come with terms and conditions.
You will almost certainly not be able to discuss your package, and you will in most circumstances also loose your right to take the company to tribunial by accepting the package.
This solution is used in Tesco far more than staff will think. However only normally for roles that are Store Manager level and above.

whatajoke2019

Dooby I think you'd be right in steering colleagues towards the likes of Our T05co to find out the information they need, rather than relying so much on PPs-I've noticed more recent e-learning directs you to such places.

However, like many of us these days, I'd love to know who ours is as I've not clapped eyes on ours once since the previous one left the company.

You seemingly stand more chance of finding Lord Lucan  :D.

As to the OP who mentions fairness and transparency 'treat others how you want to be treated' springs to mind-i.e. we'll flutter our eyelashes at you when it suits our narrative whilst we stick another knife in your back and then drop you quicker than a hot coal when you've served your purpose  :D.

Dooby27

I know in my store I am rarely aware that they are in store, so I struggle to understand the value they add.

Duff McKagan

So much for redundancy no longer being offered then...We have been told recently that should we lose night shifts in our store we will not be offered redundancy so why should the higher ups get it? This company makes me sick with how often it flouts employment law and gets away with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk