News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:55PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Crazy Substitutions

Started by the-vortex, 19-03-12, 09:08PM

Previous topic - Next topic

des

Best one citrus orange instead of an orange pepper.

hesketh

We regularly order Nanny State alcohol free beer. It is always substituted with Indie Pale Ale 4.2%.

Except it isn't, we still get the Nanny State as well as the Price Match Refund ;D
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

B.O.B

I had two in one night recently who ordered kitchen roll, but got toilet roll...

fatboy

Potato peeler substituted with a tin opener

Jobless

Have a look round and check for Tesco value items which are going to be out of stock for a while. Order these accepting subs and you'll get the high value branded alternative knocked down. 

Miremare

In our store celeriac( is not available )  is system generated suggestion sub of woman's own magazine.

M2EGM124

Over the last few weeks I have seen

Ordered condoms subbed for binbags (seriously!)
Ordered toothpaste - sent haemhorroid cream
Baby milk - sent rusks

fatboy

Ordered chicken sandwich sent lawn seed

dotnochance

Get lawn seed, grow amazing garden then get chickens! wait till adults, then kill them put on sandwich. So is it a bad sub?

penguin

Best one I have seen recently, ordered tinned sweetcorn, got a travel sewing kit.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

blueberet

There's a post on the casualuk reddit where someone was sent 6 door mats instead of 6 dining table place mats. Can't post a link but their picture makes it, /r/CasualUK/comments/gq902j/tesco_sent_a_mate_6_doormats_instead_of_6_dining

VladPutin

No sympathy for the locusts' customers. If you're too lazy or weak to do your own shopping, then take or leave whatever you get in substitution.

Welshie

Vlad , you must be very confident you'll never get Ill and suddenly find yourself unable to do all the things you did . People are not lazy or weak , the are extremely vulnerable to a virus . Shielding is not actually easy especially when it's been for so long. 
But I forgot you like to troll everyone .

MonkeyPudding

Ordered disposable vinyl gloves - got a pack of safety pins!   :D

Nomad

Quote from: VladPutin on 22-06-20, 04:59PM
No sympathy for the locusts' customers. If you're too lazy or weak to do your own shopping, then take or leave whatever you get in substitution.

[admin]By your remarks you are insulting members of many families, including mine. Think carefully if you wish to continue to post on VLH. Nomad[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

B.O.B

A new personal best one for me tonight.

Customer ordered a pouch of Amber Leaf tobacco. 
They received (and I swear I’m not making this up)... a Fresh Linen CAR AIR FRESHENER.   

Thank God they saw the funny side...

hesketh

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

dizzy_1

Quote from: B.O.B on 25-09-20, 10:17PM
A new personal best one for me tonight.

Customer ordered a pouch of Amber Leaf tobacco. 
They received (and I swear I’m not making this up)... a Fresh Linen CAR AIR FRESHENER.   

Thank God they saw the funny side...
Maybe if it was tobacco scented but how is that even considered a sub? isn't it meant to be something similar?
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

lukedotcom

Strawberry Jam wanted...Substituted with Vaseline!...WTF!

dotnochance

My friend ordered cigarettes the other week, didn’t have any and got subbed for nicorette patches, he couldn’t really get mad! Tesco just want him to stop smoking I guess

notsofunny

who decides what product is to be used as a substitution ? is it the picker or the PDCU ?

Welshie

The handset tells you but you can just hit the unavailable button and pick something more appropriate.  Should add though that it's a year or two since I've picked so could have changed

penguin

A bloke I work with ordered ice cubes, sub was a block of Cathedral City.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

kaled78

someone I know ordered dishwasher salt and got table salt as a sub

Nomad

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/people/tesco-delivers-portsmouth-woman-ludicrous-two-tins-beans-advent-calendar-substitution-3058354

QuoteTesco delivers Portsmouth woman 'ludicrous' two tins of beans in advent calendar substitution

Good for the little ones bad for the atmosphere  ;)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk