News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 295
Total: 299

BWS H&B and Frozen moving to days?

Started by btblackbird, 16-08-21, 09:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike_pkh

I personally believe moving spirits fill onto days is the right move for cutting down on theft. Moving beer and wine however I do not see the point of.

However, the more they move onto days, the more likely nights will eventually get redundancy and that would be heaven for me after 20+ years with Tesco.

lordadmiral

Well, we have 9 contracted shifts in our SS to cover BWS. Now days will be given 13 shifts.
Just looking at contracted hours i do not see any savings in the move. Regarding theft i do not belive in any major improvement.

Sherwoodforest

A day shift isn't always 7.5 hours like most night shifts are, sure twilight shifts are 6 hours or less in a store near me as for theft, I used to see someone on BWS when I started my shift at 9pm I don't see anyone on there now, and we find 20 empty tags regularly now.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

FarmerFred

Having someone around the booze area in general has cut the thefts in our store as the thieves aren't so likely to draw attention to themselves by clearing the shelves. Mind you, it makes me laugh that many spirits are still on restricted fill, yet there will be OFDs dotted around the store - often in CCTV blind spots!  :o

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 26-03-22, 09:23AM
A day shift isn't always 7.5 hours like most night shifts are, sure twilight shifts are 6 hours or less in a store near me as for theft, I used to see someone on BWS when I started my shift at 9pm I don't see anyone on there now, and we find 20 empty tags regularly now.

20 x £40 bottles makes a nice days earnings. Whip the tags off in the blind spot cereal aisle then make your mark out the fire escape. Mask on and throw your chauffeur £100 the Police aren't interested Tesco should hire correct security. Slim chance of getting caught and if you do the punishment is maybe community payback at worse. 

LostBWS

Twilight BWS stocking starts in our store supposedly on Monday 28th. Posts have been advertised now for around 4 weeks and there has not been one person turning up for interview. Obviously no existing staff want this shift as turning up for £40 is taking the p***. Top management in their Ivory Towers have absolutely no clue what it takes to stock an Extra BWS department. Moving onto twilight's is an ill thought out ludicrous idea . It won't reduce theft in the slightest and this combined with the "we've listened to our customers" line  is entirely bs on behalf of management to make it appear that Tesco are benefiting everyone. It's the thin end of the wedge with no pay protection and is obviously the start of the process to move all stocking over to days thus avoiding having to pay the meagre night premium. Penny pinching - when will it end ?
Probably when we are all on minimum wage , we are very close now.b

BUY TESLA STOCK

Benefit money is going up, wages are stagnant and tax and NI are on the rise. F turning in at Tosco for £10 notes. Cleaners are better paid.  :)

Morris999

Everyone saying moving BWS/H&B to days won't save on shrink are unfortunately wrong.
My store actually came under for these 2 areas for the first time in years since the change of fill on our latest stocktake.
Normally they were nearly 50% over budget every stocktake.
This has been the same for all the stores on our group too that changed either officially or at a local level decision since September last year.
It cuts out massively the full trolley walk outs that were happening regularly.
Yes it won't stop the one or two bottles being stolen but it does stop the majority of people filling up full trollies or big Sports Direct/B&M bags.
I'd even go as far saying the lvl of fill is better too.
These colleagues have been ring fenced in my store so are left to fill and help customers.
The figures speak for themselves for our store/group.

Brez

Quote from: LostBWS on 26-03-22, 11:09PM
Twilight BWS stocking starts in our store supposedly on Monday 28th. Posts have been advertised now for around 4 weeks and there has not been one person turning up for interview. Obviously no existing staff want this shift as turning up for £40 is taking the p***. Top management in their Ivory Towers have absolutely no clue what it takes to stock an Extra BWS department. Moving onto twilight's is an ill thought out ludicrous idea . It won't reduce theft in the slightest and this combined with the "we've listened to our customers" line  is entirely bs on behalf of management to make it appear that Tesco are benefiting everyone. It's the thin end of the wedge with no pay protection and is obviously the start of the process to move all stocking over to days thus avoiding having to pay the meagre night premium. Penny pinching - when will it end ?
Probably when we are all on minimum wage , we are very close now.b

No-one wants the role(s) in my store, they've asked us to carry on filling it on a night as they're struggling to find anyone willing to do it.

They promptly got told in no uncertain terms that wouldn't be happening.

Now there's no-one manning the booze aisles at all, shoplifters paradise in the evenings.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Your night managers should get a copy of the advert, leave the work and tell the SM there taking nowt to do with a twilight job. Ohh that's right they are scared of the SM.

Sherwoodforest

Not sure why everyone thinks bws going from nights to days is bad,or shop lifting is funny, some shoplifters got to be on more than store managers for an hour or two work ,shrink affects our pay,winds me up to think I've got to work while some tracksuit wearing chav is earning more for undoing all my hard work,let bws day staff have tasers and taser anyone who picks more than 1  bottle of spirits up

spike_pkh

Quote from: BUY TESLA STOCK on 28-03-22, 07:45PM
Your night managers should get a copy of the advert, leave the work and tell the SM there taking nowt to do with a twilight job. Ohh that's right they are scared of the SM.

We are continuing to fill at night in our store as the twilight vacancies haven't been filled. Nothing to do with being scared of the store manager, but doing what is right for our customers

General Thorn

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 29-03-22, 08:00AM
Not sure why everyone thinks bws going from nights to days is bad,or shop lifting is funny, some shoplifters got to be on more than store managers for an hour or two work ,shrink affects our pay,winds me up to think I've got to work while some tracksuit wearing chav is earning more for undoing all my hard work,let bws day staff have tasers and taser anyone who picks more than 1  bottle of spirits up

I don't think anyone thinks that shoplifters are funny but I do think that Tesco have let the place become a shoplifter's paradise. Security has been cut to the bone, that's assuming your store still has any form of security. GAs are Tesco's new form of security "Excuse me sir, do you know you've got bottles of wine in your pocket?" "So, what of it" "Nothing at all sir, enjoy your day."

With all these cutbacks, my store has nobody on bws for most of the day and if people are caught and barred from the store, none of the GAs know anything about it and so the people keep coming in.

As for going from nights to twilight, it doesn't suit everybody. Tesco won't have to pay any night premiums and the GAs will be interupted by customers and folk complaining about cages in the aisles.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Sherwoodforest

Anyone allowed to say which dot com stores are losing their night team yet?surely if your taking redundancy they,l be no repurcusions.

StinkyPoo

Our store has moved bws to twilight fill and now wants frozen/h&b to trial it. They've asked the night workers on those 2 departments if they'd like to do it. They've all said no so unsure now what is going to happen!

kaled78

our backdoor guys have been told they no longer have to presort anything in the day as it will now be done by nights instead,they have been told they now have to fill w&s in the day between deliveries,Nights are furious,but the backdoor guys are only doing as they are told

lordadmiral

If they must fill BWS between deliveries, then most of the stock would be left ... for nights ;D

spike_pkh

Our night team has always presorted the delivery at night.

FarmerFred

Grocery presort has always been done by days at our store, fresh has been nights. These days there's hardly any cages of grocery that need presort - maybe 5 on a busy shift compared to 25+ just a few years ago. Once had 20 cages roll off a wagon at 9pm & the night manager went mental at 10pm because it hadn't been done... tried telling the day staff that they had to stay behind to get it done.  :D :D :D

Nightworker

I know this is getting boring now however how many stores out there are still filling BWS on nights.  We are,  and there is no plan in place to move to twilights.  We are a Northern store taking about £500k per week with a relatively small sales floor.
We were initially told BWS will move to twilights in week 6 then week 10 !! Hay Ho it's now week 12 and nothing even close to happening.
It would be interesting to know if this is generally the case across the company for stores with a night shift.
It would be lovely to hear from you all.

Sherwoodforest

@nightworker ours went to twilight and the two contracted staff just went on grocery/fresh,,,,it is a corporate move,our store has dot com and probably takes double yours.our bakery manager runs bws and bakery now,sounds like your store manager resistant to change

Brez

Can also confirm that my store (Extra, biggest around for hundreds of miles) moved the BWS night crew to ambient / fresh.

No-one has been recruited to fill BWS during twilight hours, even the shoplifters have stopped visiting the spirits aisle as it's that empty  :D

Nightworker

How many stores still got BWS ON NIGHTS don't name your store just want an idea of how widespread and how important a company initiative this was 😂🤣😂

Sherwoodforest

Ours on days now,think theres only 7 night stores left on our group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk