News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 07:31AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,354
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 288
Total: 290

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaled78

sainsbury's/Aldi and co-op closing all stores mon 19th,will tesco do the right thing and follow,or stay open to money grab,whilst competitors are closed

lackofinterest

the greedy kuntz will open just like they did on boxing day >:(

jgerry

If we are made to work on the day of the queens funeral, then I will NEVER again work a bank holiday for them!

trivi

Ridiculous that we haven't heard anything yet

grim up north

They are waiting for the others. They dont want to say they are closing then all the others stay open. What about distribution that works one day in front of stores?

Paupers wage

Even ALDI a German owned company has stated there stores are all closed, as has Sainsbury's and Primark, Tesco's talking of 4 hours only, £££ comes before common respect and colleagues, as always slow to take the initiative be it this or pay rises!

kaled78

the big question is if they expect you to use your holiday or bank holiday allowance to cover the closure,if say someone was on a 9-6 shift,surely they would not expect them to go in for 1 hour,then go home and come back at 2pm,they would probably expect you to take your break allocation whilst they were closed as well!

MerchMan007

On Monday 19 September, all of our stores across the UK will stay closed on the morning of the funeral.
Our large stores will remain closed for the rest of the day, and convenience stores will reopen from 5pm, so that we are able to serve our customers and communities in the evening.
There will be a very small number of exceptions to this, for example convenience stores in Central London and Windsor will be staying open to support those attending the funeral and procession.
If you have any questions or for more detail on what this means for you, please speak to your line manager.

Jason

On "our tesco" as of now

Jasperjakes

What about nights having to work. I want to go to funeral so wont get back in time for night shift

grim up north

Distribution open as normal

mab47

Oh great, suppose we'll have to take a day's holiday if we want to get paid or make up the hours another day or have that day unpaid  ???

rogerthedodger

Quote from: Jasperjakes on 12-09-22, 07:21PMWhat about nights having to work. I want to go to funeral so wont get back in time for night shift
they 100% won't refuse a holiday request that night

JJH

Quote from: mab47 on 12-09-22, 07:50PMOh great, suppose we'll have to take a day's holiday if we want to get paid or make up the hours another day or have that day unpaid  ???

Or you could just wait for the full briefing tomorrow?

Jasperjakes

Well im not going in. Told them tonight. A long weekend suits me.

Nomad

QuoteThere will be a very small number of exceptions to this, for example convenience stores in Central London and Windsor will be staying open to support those attending the funeral and procession.

Apparently it is Tesco's believe that many who will be attending are idiots and have never heard of a bottle/thermos or a sandwich box, or could it be the opportunity to rake in a few bob that is attractive and to good to miss  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

FarmerFred

Judging by the gorms I see wandering around stores these days it's a wonder that they cope with Tesco being closed Christmas day let alone a day out...

penguin

Should only be essential business running on Monday and that means things like electric and care workers, people cope well enough on Christmas day without any shops open, well most do we all know you get the odd idiot kicking off about being shut on the 25th, we had one threatening to go to trading standards about it years ago.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

It's quiet frightening the number of idiots in the world today  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

NightAndDay

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/13/sainsburys-raises-staff-pay-living-costs-support-package

£10.25 an hour at Sainsbury's, You all will likely have to wait 1 year before Tesco announces their next pay increase, which by then, I wouldn't be surprised if they were level pegging or even below Iceland's in terms of pay.

Hammer10

We get crumpets and cup a soup they should never have got rid of the staff restaurant.

leedslad

Anyone been told how were paid for this Monday I've just finished and we've been told nought.

bazlindon

I`ve been told if you are on the rota for that day you can take the day off with pay.

OvaSees

ALDI overtakes Morrison's, changing the dynamic of the 'big 4' - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62887477

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

ProdavnicaTajni

I'm shocked they actually closed for a day, obviously they've been shamed into it by the other stores but I'm still surprised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk