News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 05:06PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 105
Total: 109

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassman

Quote from: gomezz on 19-08-22, 11:14PMSorry for your kids going hungry but I do not understand how anyone lets their cupboards get that Mother Hubbard.
I work for Tesco,it was payday and you might have heard of the cost of living crisis,you must be flush with cash. I'm a single father who would rather work than go on benefits so you know nothing about my life. Great comment though....

gomezz

Even in the direst of situations where I have been at times in my life I would still have at the very least a tin of tomatoes or beans at the back of the cupboard with a bit of bread, rice or potatoes to hand to tide me over.  Just in time shopping is not a game I care to play.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Grassman

Good for you. Amazing.

Nomad

Tesco infuriates customers by taking money from their accounts for home deliveries that were cancelled

QuoteMother-of-two Emily Henderson posted on Twitter that she had been charged for her order that didn't arrive yesterday afternoon.

A Tesco customer service representative replied this morning, saying they were 'concerned' that she had been charged for her cancelled delivery.

'concerned' oh that's alright then  :o  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: gomezz on 20-08-22, 11:40AMEven in the direst of situations where I have been at times in my life I would still have at the very least a tin of tomatoes or beans at the back of the cupboard with a bit of bread, rice or potatoes to hand to tide me over.  Just in time shopping is not a game I care to play.

Unfortunately - real life kicks in occasionally. I too was waiting for a delivery yesterday 2-3pm - bit patronising to send an email at 9.30pm informing me of its cancellation hoping the non-delivery wasn't inconvenient telling me how I could place another order ...

King1999

Nothings about the customer anymore,and certainly isn't if you work for them.

lackofinterest

Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 21-08-22, 04:27PM
Quote from: gomezz on 20-08-22, 11:40AMEven in the direst of situations where I have been at times in my life I would still have at the very least a tin of tomatoes or beans at the back of the cupboard with a bit of bread, rice or potatoes to hand to tide me over.  Just in time shopping is not a game I care to play.

Unfortunately - real life kicks in occasionally. I too was waiting for a delivery yesterday 2-3pm - bit patronising to send an email at 9.30pm informing me of its cancellation hoping the non-delivery wasn't inconvenient telling me how I could place another order ...
shop elsewhere!! >:D

lordadmiral

Quote from: Nomad on 21-08-22, 02:00PMTesco infuriates customers by taking money from their accounts for home deliveries that were cancelled

QuoteMother-of-two Emily Henderson posted on Twitter that she had been charged for her order that didn't arrive yesterday afternoon.

A Tesco customer service representative replied this morning, saying they were 'concerned' that she had been charged for her cancelled delivery.

'concerned' oh that's alright then  :o  8-)

Not sure who Is bigger time waster, the woman who complained, or Tesco representative.

Well it's not as easy as some might think. I am working now on the IT side. Some bug might cancel orders but it doesn't mean the same bug will cancel payment processing. Then the replay from tesco is pathetic as they know what happened. Concerned, balls.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Serving customers, communities and the planet at the core of Tesco commitment

Save the planet(environment)

Clacton Tesco trolleys found dumped in nature reserve
QuoteAppallingly, the litter-pickers were also confronted with a pile of 19 Tesco trolleys in Pickers Ditch Meadow – something they have sadly become accustomed to.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco flooded with over 500 complaints as shoppers are unable to buy food

QuoteOne person tweeted: "@Tesco Your website for online orders is broken again. Every time I try to amend an order by adding items, it does it then immediately removes them. Similarly when removing items, they are removed and added back in again. And yes, I have tried logging out and deleting cookies."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

shop elsewhere. simple!!

kaled78

I see that mon 19th has now been declared a bank holiday for the queens funeral,any word from tesco on whether we will get the day off to watch the funeral,or will they expect us to work?

Sherwoodforest

Im assuming,bank holiday like platinum jubilee maybe,only get it if your contracted to the day,
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

MerchMan007

A bank holiday across the UK has been approved by King Charles III for the day of the funeral of his mother Queen Elizabeth II.

The new king confirmed the order at a ceremony in London proclaiming him as monarch.

The date of the Queen's state funeral has not yet been announced.

A quote from BBC news website , so how can it be stated that "Monday 19th has been declared a bank holiday for the queen's funeral" ?

kaled78

a few websites are saying it's going to be mon 19th september,so if it is I guess you heard it here first!

madness

Quote from: Grassman on 20-08-22, 08:11AM
Quote from: gomezz on 19-08-22, 11:14PMSorry for your kids going hungry but I do not understand how anyone lets their cupboards get that Mother Hubbard.
I work for Tesco,it was payday and you might have heard of the cost of living crisis,you must be flush with cash. I'm a single father who would rather work than go on benefits so you know nothing about my life. Great comment though....
Hang on a minute. If I'm that hard up that I run my cupboards bare I would not be paying for a home delivery slot when I work at the company I paid for the home delivery slot from!  8-)

Pathfinder

So rumours are spreading about 19th September. Is the any confirmed details as to what is happening. 

Pathfinder

Stores closed 10am to 2pm
Express stores to stay open

T.C.1

It's supposed to be a bank holiday?

Sherwoodforest

This is off government website,This bank holiday will operate in the same way as other bank holidays, and there is no statutory entitlement to time off. Employers may include bank holidays as part of a worker's leave entitlement.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

T.C.1

My understanding is that there has still been no communication from head office jet but all Coop shops are shut on Monday.

T.C.1

Homebase is shutting all its stores next Monday!! mmm I wonder?

flowerpower

Just checked dot com delivery for 19th no slots available

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk