Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

10-05-24, 10:23PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,500
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 253
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 193
Total: 197

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surlaroute

So, this is actually criminal evil we are witnessing as I suspected (but hoped against hope), right? I swear to god if my pay is down as much as I think at the end of this month I will show no mercy, the rest of my life has been falling apart for the past 5 years anyway I have nothing left to lose, I'm dead already.

lucgeo

All of you losing money .......contact the newspapers....show them how you have been shafted with a pay increase forecast only to lose money in real terms ......ask them to photo you with your begging bowl to our own grabbing barstool Dave...." Please sir can I have more?? Or a miniscule % of your payout to feed and clothe the wife and kids"
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

@tandomwerk

I'm worried about you mate?? You need to take time out and talk to someone....anyone ??? ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

sfo

Quote from: tandomwerk on 01-07-18, 08:56PM
So, this is actually criminal evil we are witnessing as I suspected (but hoped against hope), right? I swear to god if my pay is down as much as I think at the end of this month I will show no mercy, the rest of my life has been falling apart for the past 5 years anyway I have nothing left to lose, I'm dead already.
I agree so get a new contract then we can go to the press

sfo

and by the way tandomwerk - i'm p8888 off with this but don't let them grind you down - there's always a better way

surlaroute

Quote from: lucgeo on 01-07-18, 08:58PM
I'm worried about you mate?? You need to take time out and talk to someone....anyone ??? ???

I'm worried about anyone who doesn't sound as crazy as I do lately. The world is literally a trash fire and this company is somehow worse.

surlaroute

Quote from: sfo on 01-07-18, 09:02PM
there's always a better way

That's why I haven't moved in 20 years.

sfo

tandomwerk  - you would be in for decent redundancy payment if you can prove constructive dismissal -- ask for a new contract effective today 

dotnochance

How is it even legal, i'm taking a pay cut in my monthly wage, with no compensation

Vanilla

Love it, all you guys squealing like pigs.
The warning signs were there when the longservers lost out on double time and moved to 1.5 (the majority were happy as they gained at the expense of longservers). Now you know how it feels.
Tosco is the pits, gets me that people still put up with them.

surlaroute

Quote from: Vanilla on 01-07-18, 10:37PM
The warning signs were there when the longservers lost out on double time and moved to 1.5 (the majority were happy as they gained at the expense of longservers). Now you know how it feels.
Tosco is the pits, gets me that people still put up with them.

They compensated us as they said they would back then. It wasn't perfect but it carried me through until I was able to absorb the changes. It sounds like this time they have found a loophole that means they don't have to do exactly as they said.

tumshie

sfo, tesco only requires one month's notice anyway, for Sunday opt out.
If they try to tell you different, ask them for an opt out/in form. It's printed on there.

(Or become a VLH supporter and get a form from Downloads-4- U  :) )

Red75

None of the managers know whats going on in my store.
Rich people making poor peoples lives more difficult. Think I'm going to ring that Tesco staff financial helpline that I saw a flyer for in the canteen a while back. I'll ask them how I'm supposed to pay my bills with £30 per pay packet less (after tax). Maybe they can give me some useful tips on how to get by on £8 an hour.
What the people who make these decisions don't understand, or do understand and have a complete lack of empathy, is that a lot of people are living payday to payday, not earning enough to save and really struggling.
I'm just making a lot less effort with that job now, especially given the increasingly adverse conditions we are made to work in.
Since Dave came in, it's been cut after cut. Pension first, night premiums, getting rid of the night shift then the reduction in Sunday premium. Then there were years of flat investment in payroll or below inflation pay rises.
Even before I knew that we were not going to get compensation for the reduction in Sunday premium I thought this was a poor deal. The pay rate was only designed to keep us about 2% minimum wage each April, and the rises have mainly been in November rather than July like they used to be, so Tesco are only  paying the increased rate for maybe 5/12th's of the financial year. Next April the minimum wage is predicted to go up to £8.25 so we'll only be a couple of percent above minimum wage then.
These people do not care about us. They hate us.

Hammer10

Lets hope he goes .As for this pay cut time for another day of go slow.

cityboy

Dave Lewis, surely the most weak and reactionary businessman ever. I reckon any school-leaver would figure out if you sell the family jewels and pay for staff wage rises at the expense of those working the most difficult hours, is a quick fix. But what happens when you have taken everything (2020)? No loyalty, no pride in your work, just do your hours and go home. The age I am and where I live make it hard to find alternative employment, so I will do my time and go home. But, no more pride in my work, no enthusiasm, still help customers as they have done nothing wrong, but no more helping Dave Lewis hit his fake targets and inflated bonuses

surlaroute

Quote from: cityboy on 02-07-18, 04:11AM
still help customers as they have done nothing wrong

Oh this completely, and I didn't expect to be this way as I'm not the best people person to begin with but the one thing that made me smile this weekend was a customer who wanted to find something and I said I think I know where it is but I'll have to go with you cos they've been moving stuff around and he went off on a sweary rant about this is why people go to f-in Lidl cos you can see what's what and it stays there lol and I was like, I'm thinking of doing something similar lol. Of course that's not the kind of customer interaction those on high imagine but it was actually the most authentic human connection I've had in months. (Edit: I probably don't make it easy for customers to approach me though lately with my face like mud... I guess that's why I appreciated the couple of times this week - this wasn't the only one - when people did...)

cosmosmallpiece

Hammer10

No it is all wrong we are now on the lower wage and no letter to back it up surely illegal no contract either to say what we are to be paid.illegal as well .

Disappointed 64

Two people in my store got letters, they only work a Sunday. One got £340 and the other £30.

sfo

get in touch with benefits at head office and demand a new contract that shows the pay cut - i don't believe that they can cut our pay without notification although I may be wrong. In the meantime cancel Usdaw Membership-insnt tenner a month raise.

jester21

I am about to give up my sundays will i still get a payout? not had a letter through as yet!

sfo

you only get a payout if you work more hours on a Sunday than you do the rest of the week. Don't expect a letter just take the pay cut, smile and work a bit harder to take up the slack for the people  leaving. Seriously - opt out of Sunday working as is your right and encourage others to do the same  because this will happen again when we lose the time and a quarter

Hammer10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk