Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

10-05-24, 08:21PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,500
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 253
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 186
Total: 189

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Considering the long term impact on Sunday workers and the fact that the percentage "rise" being far less for them compared to a weekday worker, it's an absolute disgrace. The "cushion payment" should be calculated based on that and not what it is currently worked out on.

It's a cut to ones contractual pay. It's disgusting. Usdaw have a lot to answer for and the company have clearly demonstrated their disdain towards its employees.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Wandy

Very well said Loki-couldn't agree more

bugsbunny

Absolutely true this company do not care about their long term employees then they wonder why at they get bad WMTY.

flowerpower

I still think we should  all flood union with complaints and the devil company with complaints.  I am leaving union and will join another because you never know if their help will be needed at some time

Life after tossco

The company is an absolute disgrace, it treats it's GA employees who by the way make the business it's profits and the ones at the top just look on how to screw you back over for your hard work. Best to leave asap and find another job elsewhere and do as little work as you can whilst your there too. Sainsbury's pay £9.20 a hour now but have also got rid of the Sunday allowance. Tesco will always give menial allowances from now on. When will they wake up and learn to get rid of more wasteful layers of management and employ more Ga's whilst also saving themselves a bucket load of money in the process.

Loki

And are not Usdaw the recognised Union at Sainsbury's? Hmmm...
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Equalizer87

USDAW have let down some of those affected at Sainsburys  from the role change/removal. My aunt used to be Team leader with them until it was cut, they then created a role where you would be moved around stores on a group with sod all notice, traveling all kinds of distances and with no fuel allowance for it either.

Thankfully she took redundancy as she felt USDAW let them down.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

tumshie

Quote from: Life after tossco on 30-06-18, 10:07AM
When will they wake up and learn to get rid of more wasteful layers of management and employ more Ga's whilst also saving themselves a bucket load of money in the process.

Our store has employed more GAs but is not getting a good return from doing so because, in my view, dept managers are not making sure they pull their weight.

Vanilla

New GA's on new t&c's that don't give two hoots bout Tosco.
What do you expect, pay peanuts and you get monkeys.
Problem with monkeys is that you need to feed them and train them.
8)

sfo

From government website:

All shop and betting shop workers can opt out of Sunday working unless Sunday is the only day they have been employed to work on. They can opt out of Sunday working at any time, even if they agreed to it in their contract.

Shop and betting shop workers must:

give their employer 3 months' notice that they want to opt out
continue to work on Sundays during the 3 month notice period if their employer wants them to
An employer who needs staff to work on Sundays must tell them in writing that they can opt out. They must do this within 2 months of the person starting work - if they don't, only 1 month's notice is needed to opt out.

well I've never had a letter to say I can opt out so I guess it's 1 month notice. Letter going in today.

Hammer10

Where I used to give a fig now I don't ,I will do as little as possible now so they can go fxxx themselves .

sfo

Me too - just going to the minimum until I can find another job

JL

Our store has new starts but the Team managers do not spend the time with them. Have seen a lot of them left with GAs who have only been at Tesco a few months and aren't exactly the best people to deliver training meanwhile the experience people riddled with arthritis are struggling on. As you say they need to scrap management etc who don't know the arse for elbow. The night TM must be the highest paid shelf fillers in the uk while the GAs get less at Tesco than many of our competitors. If you got rid of the TM you could have every aisle covered every night with no Team Fills, save money and GAs would have time to spare to go the extra mile. Why not have the SM out on the shop floor too instead of having a person that sits in an office for most of the shift. We do not need a manager eithier to give the SM our views. Synergies and better service :question:

his scots tie

Yes opt out of sunday working if you want,one months notice required.They have to try to give you hours back ,if thats what you want,during the rest of week.But its not guranteed that they can.

sfo

might be cutting my nose off to spite my face but it's a protest

lackofinterest

Quote from: Life after tossco on 30-06-18, 10:07AM
The company is an absolute disgrace, it treats it's GA employees who by the way make the business it's profits and the ones at the top just look on how to screw you back over for your hard work. Best to leave asap and find another job elsewhere and do as little work as you can whilst your there too. Sainsbury's pay £9.20 a hour now but have also got rid of the Sunday allowance. Tesco will always give menial allowances from now on. When will they wake up and learn to get rid of more wasteful layers of management and employ more Ga's whilst also saving themselves a bucket load of money in the process.
salaried staff (i.e managers) are easier to exploit to do unpaid hours worked

lackofinterest

Quote from: Hammer10 on 30-06-18, 11:55AM
Where I used to give a fig now I don't ,I will do as little as possible now so they can go fxxx themselves .
this applies to a hell of a lot of people hammer. people who once cared and took pride in their work now don't give 2 f***s and can you blame them

lackofinterest

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 30-06-18, 11:57AM
Our store has new starts but the Team managers do not spend the time with them. Have seen a lot of them left with GAs who have only been at Tesco a few months and aren't exactly the best people to deliver training meanwhile the experience people riddled with arthritis are struggling on. As you say they need to sc**p management etc who don't know the arse for elbow. The night TM must be the highest paid shelf fillers in the uk while the GAs get less at Tesco than many of our competitors. If you got rid of the TM you could have every aisle covered every night with no Team Fills, save money and GAs would have time to spare to go the extra mile. Why not have the SM out on the shop floor too instead of having a person that sits in an office for most of the shift. We do not need a manager eithier to give the SM our views. Synergies and better service :question:
at the store i work in, managers don't train anybody. it's always another ga who shows newbies what to do. i suspect thats the case in the majority of stores. what a f****ng joke!!

Paulie

If your losing money on Sunday, slow your pace and be less productive, add extra 5 mins to breaks, take more toilet breaks etc and If you want to be drastic, hit them in the pocket don't shop there and rip up your discount card.

I am effected twice now by the change and each Sunday I work, I will look for small moral victories because I can't afford to lose the shift and will continue working.

It's scandalous there is no compensation payments, what is the point of contracts if they can change it when they feel like it. Surely this will be like a PPI claim in a few years when a higher authority will rule over USDAW's incompetence. 

lackofinterest

Quote from: sfo on 30-06-18, 12:21PM
might be cutting my nose off to spite my face but it's a protest

go for it mate. nice to see some people still have morals they believe in. i personally would like to see all sunday workers opt out while they still can!!

lackofinterest

crypto. your first paragraph applies to me and i don't work sundays :-X

JL

Lackofinterest

Yes it has been happening for years. It is no joke they shouldn't be leaving it to GAs let alone GAs who have hardly been trained themselves to do this. Company wide problem just like the communication.

Teddybonkers

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 30-06-18, 11:57AM
Our store has new starts but the Team managers do not spend the time with them. Have seen a lot of them left with GAs who have only been at Tesco a few months and aren't exactly the best people to deliver training meanwhile the experience people riddled with arthritis are struggling on. As you say they need to sc**p management etc who don't know the arse for elbow. The night TM must be the highest paid shelf fillers in the uk while the GAs get less at Tesco than many of our competitors. If you got rid of the TM you could have every aisle covered every night with no Team Fills, save money and GAs would have time to spare to go the extra mile. Why not have the SM out on the shop floor too instead of having a person that sits in an office for most of the shift. We do not need a manager eithier to give the SM our views. Synergies and better service :question:

Greengrocer - Why do you think it take a manager to train the Newbies on how push cages and fill shelves, or am I missing something? Let's be honest, its just donkey work that almost anyone can do after a few shifts. They're called managers, but they don't really manage anything - just there to watch over the staff and help out if they can be bothered.

James2017

Well, I've been informed today that I won't be getting a payout because they've calculated it including any overtime I did last year. Even though I won't be doing anywhere near as much this year due to going to Uni. Absolute disgrace of a company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk