News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:25PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 298
Total: 302

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.retail-week.com/electricals/ao-ties-up-with-tesco-to-launch-first-store-spaces/7035982.article?authent=1 (Subscription link)

However:
QuoteAO.com has joined forces with Tesco to launch its first ever physical retail format, Retail Week can reveal.

The electricals retailer will open five shop-in-shops as part of a six-month pilot partnership with Britain’s biggest grocer.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lordadmiral

Funny thing with that AO. It is owned by Amica (Polish company) and Tesco pulled out from Poland :D.

notsofunny

That could  be the reason my local superstore Extra  was empty city this week , only had 1 type of TV no printers ,I pads , kettles and so on , or is that the same in other stores ?

BUY TESLA STOCK

At last somethings filling the empty store

penguin

Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

Top marks to the guy in the pants, you can question their motives, exhibitionism etc but they make a valid point to this ridiculous ruling in Wales 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lucgeo

There's for and against in this decision...I must say I tend to agree that supermarkets should not be selling the goods, whilst other small business' have had to close down, and a lot aren't big enough to do online website selling, yet they still have to pay the high business rates...It's even affected bigger name companies.
Apart from the lady whose daughter needed clean nightwear in hospital...are all the other people complaining, really so desperate for new kids clothing that they can't wait 17 days?? They knew it was coming! It was well publicised! The kids are on school holidays, so what clothes are they so desperately in need of ??? And if they're so quick to record these events to put on Facebook, why don't they order the items they're so desperate for whilst online ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

This is why Wales and Scotland need to pipe down, they think just because they're a country with to some extent seperate govenance to England, they can make nonsense rules, BoJo needs to nip this unfounded grandiosity in the bud and designate Wales and Scotland as regions of England, Scotland can be the north of England and Wales the West of England.

lucgeo

You having a laff boyo  8-) as you say...Wales and Scotland are countries with seperate governance...as is N Ireland...which would be Ireland in its entirety, if the noblemen of years gone by didn't have one leg as landed gentry in N Ireland and one leg as landed gentry in the English elite. Should N Ireland be known as an English annexe then? :-X You're pinning your hopes on Boris the buffoon...lechydd dda twpsin bach  :-X literally translated as...good luck little idiot!!

lucgeo

Crucial part missed out as non recognised for entered posting above...iechydd dda, pob lwc, twpsin bach...literally translated as...good health..good luck... little idiot  :-X

Welshie

Quote from: NightAndDay on 25-10-20, 06:58PM
This is why Wales and Scotland need to pipe down, they think just because they're a country with to some extent seperate govenance to England, they can make nonsense rules, BoJo needs to nip this unfounded grandiosity in the bud and designate Wales and Scotland as regions of England, Scotland can be the north of England and Wales the West of England.

😂😂😂😂😂 I'm just so glad glad Bojo not in charge of everywhere , he just too busy confusing most of England atm

Nomad

It's the way they have labelled it "clothing not essential".  For just 17 days nor are many other things including many food items, biscuits, ice cream,tinned fruit and many many more.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Line has to be drawn somewhere.

Not that I particularly agree with the decision, I think its rather short sighted.

Tho I dare say Jeff bezos was nursing a semi when the news was released.

gomezz

I hope this shameful episode encourages more schools to play an active part in down-cycling uniform items as pupils grow out of them rather than buddying up with one supplier and insisting that all uniform be bought from them at exorbitant prices.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 25-10-20, 07:33PM
You having a laff boyo  8-) as you say...Wales and Scotland are countries with seperate governance...as is N Ireland...which would be Ireland in its entirety, if the noblemen of years gone by didn't have one leg as landed gentry in N Ireland and one leg as landed gentry in the English elite. Should N Ireland be known as an English annexe then? :-X You're pinning your hopes on Boris the buffoon...lechydd dda twpsin bach  :-X literally translated as...good luck little idiot!!

As bad as BoJo is, a choice between BoJo and Nicola Sturgeon isn't a choice I'd wish on anyone, at least BoJo has the hair!!!

Imagine if wee Jimmy Cranky has rule over the UK, heavens forbid.

Nomad

Fireworks essential, really  :question:

North Wales Live contacted the major supermarkets to find out what their policies are against the backdrop of the firebreak lockdown
QuoteTesco has confirmed that it's selling fireworks and other similar products ahead of Bonfire Night this year.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

notsofunny

NightAndDay

This is adding more fuel to my fire for the de-designation of Wales from a country to a region of England, It's bad enough they treat the sounds a person having a stroke has as their own language, but for all BoJo's faults, even he's not doolally enough to come up with these nonsense rules.

lucgeo

"It's bad enough they treat the sounds a person having a stroke has as their own language"
8-) scraping the barrel of insults here matey 8-)

If you rate a culture and race as being inferior, due to your ignorance and inabilities to comprehend the language..e.g. Japan, China, Asia etc...perhaps you should seriously consider travelling the globe, to colonise those countries whose language, in your own petty opinion, mimics a stroke victim..oh wait...the English already did all that didn't they?  Decided to civilise the natives didn't they? Now it's come back and bitten them on the arse, hasn't it  :-X

lucgeo

fscer

Did anyone actually read the article fully?

darklighter

Quote from: NightAndDay on 25-10-20, 06:58PM
Maybe England needs to pipe down and

barafear

From the BBC Website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-54702693

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham has criticised Tesco for not enforcing coronavirus rules on masks.

He told the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee that, during recent talks with the government over tier three restrictions, he had asked for powers to close businesses not deemed to be doing enough to make themselves Covid-safe.

Mr Burnham said: "I'm not just talking about pubs and restaurants. There are large supermarkets in Greater Manchester who in my view have not properly implemented the requirements around face coverings.

"I'll name one chain, Tesco. I don't believe they have taken a responsible attitude to this issue. They've said it's not for them to enforce. Well, I think it is for those organisations to enforce."

The BBC has contacted Tesco for comment.

Welshie

That's rich coming from the man who delayed Manchester going into lockdown and risked more lives just so he could politically point score .  All his delaying tactics made people believe it wasnt as bad and they didn't need to follow the guidelines but yep let's blame the supermarkets

lucgeo

Passing the buck has started in Wales...one bloke on a news programme today, stated the onus should NOT be on the supermarket to disallow a restricted item from sale, but be placed ON the customer as to whether they chose to buy the restricted item or not, and therefore face the consequences.
The whole point of the restrictions placed on the supermarkets, was to ensure a level playing field, with the small shops being forced to close, losing revenue, and their staff furloughed. Therefore to suggest the onus be put on the customer to choose if they wish to buy or not?? What is he suggesting?? A customer can bang on a closed shop door, and demand access to purchase restricted items, and they'll take the consequences ??? :-X
Supermarket staff should not be dealing with irate customers, the restricted goods should be removed from the shop floor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk