News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:35PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 301
Total: 303

Roof leaks !

Started by Nomad, 17-08-22, 09:50AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does your store have/had a leaking roof ?

No
47 (8.3%)
Yes
518 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 563

Nomad

Past history suggests Tesco have problems with leaking roofs, perhaps its an inherent design fault or workmanship problem.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

snufflesthebear

It's the same as everything they do, they do it for the cheapest price. How long after a refit do things start breaking? Most of our new tills are broken all ready. Our ceiling falls down with every heavy downpour there's holes everywhere. We have to remember Tesco aren't made of money! 🤣

I think sometimes the problem is the people they bring in to do the work. They just don't care

Brez

Ours gets patched every couple of months, before inevitably caving in again, always in the same spot.

Wish they'd just bite the bullet and fix it once and for all.

lucgeo

It's like everything else Tesco does, on the cheap, tunnel vision  :-X  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

jonty

There's a leak in my store today. Thank heavens for the black leak buckets they provide us with.

When there's no leaks we use the buckets for keeping flowers in.

Redshoes

Admin.  This is a poll, we're not talking about Asda.

newguy20

Quote from: snufflesthebear on 17-08-22, 12:01PMIt's the same as everything they do, they do it for the cheapest price. How long after a refit do things start breaking? Most of our new tills are broken all ready. Our ceiling falls down with every heavy downpour there's holes everywhere. We have to remember Tesco aren't made of money! 🤣

I think sometimes the problem is the people they bring in to do the work. They just don't care

They don't care because they are the cheapest. Probably on a big contract over a huge area of stores, this work happens at night I'd imagine many of them are coming after doing a day working elsewhere, driving miles to get here so they just want to get the job done and get gone as quick as they can.

whatajoke2019

It's a shame they don't 'save' the water that comes through the roof in our store... could use it in the staff toilets to save on tap water to flush the toilets/wash our hands and save some cash  :D

Nomad

"could use it in the staff toilets to save on tap water to flush the toilets"

Good idea, customer toilets also, aren't Tesco always bragging about helping the environment  :-\ 

The amount of water off those big flat roofs must be more than ample if stored in tanks, except the water that goes through them of course  :D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Red75

I've left Tesco now but I worked at one of their stores for more than a decade. I got so fed up of putting out the signs and flower pots every time it rained that eventually I started to ignore the pooling water dripping from the ceiling.

leedslad

My store roof leaks all time was even dripping in summer and Aircon is always breaking this week it's been warmer outside than inside

baldric8

Our store has leaky roof, guttering and water coming into  the warehouse cos a roof has collapsed. We are not allowed to mop up the rancid, pigeon body parts, even though produce  is nearby. It is so nasty we have to wait for Rentokil for over a week now

bazlindon

It's the same with the fridges breaking down. Our roof has been "fixed" numerous times but still leaks

penguin

The last store I worked in had a leaking roof when I left two years ago, and guess what its still leaking as I've seen it myself when in there buying stuff.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

person7

it litterly rains every day indoors. its IMPOSSIBLE to NOT get wet

even when its dry outside it takes MANY DAYS for the "leaks" to stop - by the time it stops its raining outside so the leaks restart again

Momma321

Our store leaks every time it rains, you have to walk through inches of water in chillers and warehouse.  As for the suggestion of using the water in the toilets and for washing hands would be good LOL our toilets are very dirty and the bottles of hand wash are watered down hardly any soap and cold water shocking.

londoner83

Part of the issue is you log a job for the leaking roof to get repaired, yet the call out often won't be for  2-3 days by which time the weather conditions will have changed.

Even if you can see the point water leaked in high up on the ceiling, actually going onto the roof and finding the corresponding point is pretty much a needle in a haystack task.

gomezz

Isn't that something which a normal, competent roofer should be expected to deal with?  I agree a Fred Bloggs, Jack of all trades handyman may not be up to the job.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

Talking of roof and water problems  8-)

A fuel station in Essex has been forced to close after part of its forecourt roof appeared to collapse following heavy rainfall.

QuoteChris, who lives and works in the town but who did not want to give his surname, said it appeared a blocked drain pipe had caused water to collect on the roof.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Rincewind

It leaks in dotcom, where the scanners are kept. Has to be covered over when it rains heavy.

Tramadolknight

Quote from: gomezz on 13-12-22, 10:45AMIsn't that something which a normal, competent roofer should be expected to deal with?  I agree a Fred Bloggs, Jack of all trades handyman may not be up to the job.

The main stores have a Trocal roof, which is similar to a cushion flooring, it doesn't take a lot to pierce it if you walk over anything like a sharp stone or screw, it's only millimetres thick and isn't easy to find a pinhole on an area the size of a football pitch

Sherwoodforest

@momma 321 you haven't got to walk through it, training says mop it up, if that means not getting your usual job done then so be it, no action can be taken against you for doing it, health and safety!
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Nomad

Tesco in Millbrook closed after 'partial roof collapse'

QuoteThe Tesco store in Millbrook has been forced to close
Staff say part of the roof has collapsed and they're dealing with a leak
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco supermarket flooded out as violent summer storms thrash Leicester
QuoteOne Tesco supermarket in Hamilton was forced to close its doors early after it became flooded. Shoppers said water was leaking from the roof and appeared to be pouring down the walls of the shop as staff members quickly ushered customers out.
Same old story  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Road floods and supermarket closes after abnormally heavy rain around Great Yarmouth
QuoteThe weather also led to the temporary closure of Tesco on Yarmouth Road in Caister after rain leaked through a ceiling at back of the building.
No surprises there, par for the course.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk