Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

11-05-24, 09:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,500
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 531
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 194
Total: 198

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkih4586

There's a couple of comments on that mirror asking to help Tesco staff

Pedroximenez

The article does mention Britain biggest public sector employer wanting to
•help the staff who have worked hard to turn the store around
•help working class parents

The payrise is fabulous for those employees who don't work on Sundays and that is not in dispute on here . What is in dispute is the way the whole thing has been worked out and implemented. The facts are
• All employees who work a Sunday will on paper not enjoy the full 10% pay increase.
• All employees who work on a Sunday are actually taking a substantial pay decrease for 5 months

K2S0

Yeah Sunday workers taking a substantial pay cut for a few months then after November it's just a pretty bad pay cut. I'm £50 worse off till November then I'll claw back £20 of it

lordadmiral

Yeap its s***. The only pay rise that we had its nov 2017 . July n nov 2018 will not cover loss of sunday premium. Atleast not in my case. Even if its one pound less its still LESS.
Its really disapointing and i see future in dark colours.

sensible_woman

If in November our payslip shows we are taking home less than we did on our June payday then surely we have cause to question the lack of a cushion payment based on the fact we're  not getting one because Tesco have worked out that we should be no worse off in November than we were last month .  I can't see how by November I'll make up the £42 I have lost these next 5 months

his scots tie

I will be earning £1 per month more in Nov 18 than Nov 17.Losing £45 per month from now till November.

JL

It an absolute joke every month my money is accounted for to the penny.  They've screwed us over for the best part of £100.  Off to Aldi for a cheap shop.

T.C.1

How dare the national pay forum and USDAW use colleagues hard earn't Saturday night and Sunday premiums as a bargaining chip where us the members were not consulted!!! Colleagues are not down a couple of quid down there £40-£50 down for nearly half a year!! then after that some are still out of pocket. If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be hysterical but unfortunately it's the sick truth

Blodwyn

What would happen if the union had a minority membership of Tesco colleagues, would we then be able to negotiate our own pay deals by means of voting? At the moment non members have to follow suit like lambs to the slaughter.
Regarding the equal pay claim, Aldi and Lidl pay store and DC colleagues the same rate and still remain competitive so Tesco can quite easily do the same. We all have the same union so why the need for different contracts, ask the union to explain that!

bugsbunny

Why are the new t**co discount stores colleague's getting £9 an hour?  I have been told it is because they won't get the benefits we get ie a discount card,  but they will be working in a discount store so they won't need one, I would willingly give up my discount card for a higher hourly rate, as I very rarely shop in t***o also what we get discount on now is getting less and less I can't thinkk of any other benefits we get. I thought they wanted everyone on same rate of pay so it is fair that what I was told when I lost my double time, this lot are just a bunch of scheming deceitful liars. Why did USDAW agree to £9?

claden

Quote from: Blodwyn on 27-07-18, 06:03PM
What would happen if the union had a minority membership of Tesco colleagues, would we then be able to negotiate our own pay deals by means of voting? At the moment non members have to follow suit like lambs to the slaughter.
Regarding the equal pay claim, Aldi and Lidl pay store and DC colleagues the same rate and still remain competitive so Tesco can quite easily do the same. We all have the same union so why the need for different contracts, ask the union to explain that!
The national forum negotiate on the part of non union members

Expressdude2016

Quote from: bugsbunny on 27-07-18, 06:16PM
Why are the new t**co discount stores colleague's getting £9 an hour?  I have been told it is because they won't get the benefits we get ie a discount card,  but they will be working in a discount store so they won't need one, I would willingly give up my discount card for a higher hourly rate, as I very rarely shop in t***o also what we get discount on now is getting less and less I can't thinkk of any other benefits we get. I thought they wanted everyone on same rate of pay so it is fair that what I was told when I lost my double time, this lot are just a bunch of scheming deceitful liars. Why did USDAW agree to £9?

Im sure ONE STOP colleagues think same about normal Tesco colleagues as they only get minimum wage in One Stop. They get around this because they dont trade under Tesco name nor will the  new stores.

Duracell

You would think the equal value trend would be all over this disparity like a tsunami, alas the Catalyst  of Historical Gender Bias doesn't show up, so not a concern for some, however if ever there was a case for equal value, subsidiaries of the Parent company doing pretty much identical work in identicall conditions driven by the same senior team, yet with significant difference.

To me the lack of interest in this comparative shows the cheap exploitation of legislation as a tool and not fact elsewhere.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 27-07-18, 11:33PM
Quote from: bugsbunny on 27-07-18, 06:16PM

Im sure ONE STOP colleagues think same about normal Tesco colleagues as they only get minimum wage in One Stop. They get around this because they dont trade under Tesco name nor will the  new stores.

As a point of interest equal value will look past subsidiaries and look at the single source control, as has already been shown elsewhere.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Zerohero

Hi new to the group, needed to vent.

I work nights 10-7, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I remember last November, a few of us were taking the office for an individual meeting regarding when tesco changes Sunday and bank holiday to time and a quarter. I was told and a few others that we are affected and we will be getting a transition payment, that was last November. Ever since then I found it hard to obtain any information on what is going on, right this pay alot of us expected the transition payment to be added, no no one got any, and all of us are worse off, about £60 worse off

Once again I feel let down, lack of communication, can't get no answers from payroll, I want someone to sit down and consult with us at work how this all works and how come no transition payment, as we all read all colleagues affected would get 18 month payment of loss of money

Thanks

Night Owl

Firstly l am a colleague who is losing money due to the change in Sunday Premium and yes l had a letter about a lump sum payment.
I think where some people on here are making a mistake is comparing this months wage to last month's and seeing they are worse off. A few colleagues in my store did this and asked  the People Partner. Her response was to check this months wage against last Octobers wage  before any changes were made. All the colleagues who were complaining and did this were actually a few pounds better off than they were last October, we are talking £1-£5. People Partners response was, "You have nothing to complain about then."
Then the Store Manager will scratch his head wandering why we have the worst WMTY results in the group once again when they are announced in a few weeks time.

Totot

To make it simple it was like this.
When they announced to change premium to 1.1/4, they disguised it with pay rise.
Small illustration about how it works, if you earn less, you will have cushion payment, pay the differences  times 18 payday. Not mention the real formula ( hey the real formula still not out, still no one can explain it properly not in general, a formula that anyone can apply and calculate and the result will 100% spot on in all circumstances ) They dont said what will be the comparable data, most people will think it will be on july 2018 data.

After that they start bragging about how we earn more than other retailer, putting staff discount on calculation and bla bla bla,using example of someone with low hour. This is when i think tesco going to be dodgy. They were on and on about it, very suspicious and i was thinking it is kind of a way to make us focus on somewhere else, as most people will know it is so wrong.

Some people who work on sunday will try to calculate will they gonna be better off or worse off.
With any formula they can have, they have first conclusion if they are worse off. But the thought of getting cushion payment make them relax, and this is exactly what dave want, a safe feeling before someone stab you in the back.

When the rough formula finally came out, using nov 2016-2017 against nov 2018-2019 some people start see the blade. But no matter what we did nothing will change. Yesterday when i start working, some people already in a bad mood, they all work on sunday and just realized they had pay cut, significant enough.  And feel so betrayed of this, even i explain to them  ages ago they will have pay cut.

In my experience, a technique like this is a low common technique used by dangerous people who focus on what they want the most regardless.
One thing for sure for this type of person, it will happen again, and it will be worse each time.
Judging from how retail operate in here and how much the bosses earn, the dump sinking ship strategy come in mind often. We saw so many bosses with really high earning while the company goes to administration really soon. And i have no doubt it might happened in tesco.

Business strategy will be business strategy. Those all 5 management skill will always needed, and effectiveness and efficiency will be the main factor, while the supporter will be team work. There will no team work when bosses earn more because they can cut people on the bottom. I cant seen any tangible strategy come out from tesco, not as sad as before but still not good either.

So we will see what is happen next, give more room of your back, to be stabbed.

JL

Yes the pay deal is a lot of bull with living costs on rise but what is even more infuriating is daves underhand tactics. It is interesting reading about his mate Charles green or the bhs destroyer. Then one of his latest additions was someone who was in charge of carillon and made a lot of bad decisions making it go tits up. 

cityboy

Zerohero, I am in the same position, same hours but Friday start, and until this sight cast the seeds of doubt, I thought if you lose double-time (18mths comp.=£2,700) therefore loosing 1/2 to 1/4 would pay £1,350. But we were hoodwinked by Tesco using a comparison as a template that meant we were never to be compensated. Using an old wage structure(2016/17) . as comparison to a future wage structure, yet to happen, is how we fell for it, compare historic wage to future wage, thanks Udasw for letting that go! Weakest union ever. They need to tell night and weekend workers the truth, less percentage increase than 10.5% that was portrayed for everyone by Tesco. I also believe it was deliberately made evasive and " muddy waters " so that there would be little fuss when they announced this pay deal in 2017. Those who work days Mon/Sat reap the benefits of this 2year pay-rise, while we who work the difficult hours are stripped of our terms and conditions to help the wage budget, and will not come near the 10.5% wage increase that some will get. Cheers Usdaw for your representation of MOST of your members!! Disgraceful, complicit and immoral spring to mind!

Hammer10

So now worse off due to pay cut so will do as little as possible .

cityboy

I am no historian of workers rights and workers unions, but has this ever happened before, where a union agrees a pay deal that benefits most of its members to the detriment of others at the bidding of the main employer? From the little I know looking back, I couldn't see the miners or Shipbilders Unions accepting lesser t's & c,s'. at the expense of their fellow workers in an "I'm alright Jack" type
deal. Anyone know of a worse deal agreed by a union in the last 150years?

Zerohero

It was under handed technique used, basically our bonus was a kick in the teeth and to kick us when we were down we get a pay cut and then we might be better off in November by a couple of quid... Doesn't matter if the staff that work the shifts affected get shafted once again... Staff moral is a all time low, Usdaw are on Tesco side they don't represent the workers, I had no say of the payrise or anything else on the matter, why they hell do I pay £6 a month to them for? I would have to change my everyday living because of this pay cut as I rely on every pound earned, not only they have cut the over time as they don't have the budget, even though the shop I work makes loads

However it seems acceptable to over order things and see it thrown away as waste.....

Can someone else explain how come on my payslip I have noticed my Sunday premiums change every pay day??? They flutter around from £60-120 each month, even though I do the same shifts week in week out

fatboy

The sentence to look at in the previous post is 'what the he'll do I pay them £6 a month for. You tell me. If your still paying then what for? Cancel your subscription.

lucgeo

So is the WMTY widely promoted, focused in your store?? Are there posters up?? Very few colleagues in my store are aware of it happening at this time?? A night manager from another store in our group has been "advised" by her SM to try and keep it quiet from the night team, as the store won't get a green!! (More like SM wont get big fat bonus)  :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nikkih4586

Well  i emailed the sun mirror and independent and asking them to look at this site I hope some does  and I hope some one helps us understand what the f*** has gone on

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk