News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:32PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 273
Total: 275

Flexi workers and overtime

Started by ihavequestions23, 02-03-22, 06:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totot

That exactly why, tesco can't organized their own system properly, and possible don't really understand the main target.
If you got a business with good system and well operated, there will be so little arbitrary in daily operation.

Unless they try to disguised their motive on hiring flexi  contract as cutting cost.
Make me want to know, how much holiday entitlement on flexi contract let say on 21 hours 3 days shift, and how many extra overtime days/week in average tesco expect them to work it?

CN2019

HI sorry to jump on an old post. I work on checkouts and I am contracted to work Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. My shifts this week were Monday, Thursday Saturday Sunday which was fine but my contracted shift wasn't on there. I asked my team support who said my core shift was probably moved because they didn't need me on wednesday. I checked Work and Pay 24 hours before my shift (Tuesday) and it was still the same and then a friend messaged me from work saying I hadn't turned up for my shift. I checked work and pay and they have now changed it so I should of been in. I am worried what they will say/do now I have technically missed a contracted shift?

Redshoes

It sounds like the system had not been updated. Your core hours should not be moved without consultation with yourself. I have one or two colleagues that sometimes will agree to this but it does not happen very often. There is an abundance of overtime for checkouts just now so I don't understand why a core shift would be moved.

Tesc0Wow

So core hours can be moved without consultation but it must be within your availability window. This is part of the new contract you've signed already. Likewise you can work your core hours on any department. They should be letting you know though what they've done and you can view your shifts thru myTesco.

It depends on how CN2019 gets their shifts. I know a lot of stores aren't using the new system properly. If you signed a flexi sheet, just bring that. If they do take any formal action against you just document who you spoke to and who checked the system for you. I'd be surprised if they do as it'd most likely be more hassle than it's worth for little result. Most likely will just be a let's talk.

5fdp

In our store you don't get overtime released until the week before.  Never never 3 weeks in advance. The other thing is managers don't put their OT up so anyone can see it.  They don't want someone from another store coming in that doesn't know their store.  So they do the same as they always have, go round and ask then put it on frog.

Tesc0Wow

Overtime in other stores isn't yet released. That's coming in the new year as technology for it isn't upto standard yet. EG clocking. I think managers should be able to choose to release their OT to other stores in my opinion.

Redshoes

Quote from: 5fdp on 16-12-22, 09:24AMIn our store you don't get overtime released until the week before.  Never never 3 weeks in advance. The other thing is managers don't put their OT up so anyone can see it.  They don't want someone from another store coming in that doesn't know their store.  So they do the same as they always have, go round and ask then put it on frog.
It's all monitored. Posting the shifts along with everything else. At this moment in time other stores can't see the overtime. It might be different if you are in a trial but for the majority its your store only. The whole point is about being open to all and not giving out overtime to the select few. I help a few that struggle with the tech but other than that I just check in to see how the shifts are filing.
I find colleagues mostly don't seem to want to commit so far in advance. There are a few that plan well ahead but not many. The shifts are launched but we get a burst of names going down when it gets to "next week".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk