Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:20PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,124
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 290
Total: 296

Clocking in and out 3 minute leeway

Started by RightsDefender, 14-02-21, 06:40AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genome

Quote from: lucgeo on 19-10-21, 01:52PM
Not like Tesco to utilise over complicated systems...probably got them as a cheap job lot from other companies' in their not fit for purpose defunct bins!

Hell, they were still using Amipro in the offices, up to about 10 years ago!!

i saw it in use still last year...

forrestgimp

Quote from: Robert Onedin. on 19-10-21, 09:38PM
Often it can take ages to clock in I find.Through no fault of my own,say you just come in.Your fingers may be cold or having taken gloves off a few minutes before your fingers may be too warm.For the good old days of clocking in and out on a clock card.

Eh? dont you use a clockcard then?

NorthernJ

Some places are fingerprint only for clocking in now I believe.

forrestgimp

Really, blimey when did that happen?

kaled78

we had a woman on nights superglue someones clocking card she found on the floor into one of our clocking machines a few years back,she kept her job,but had a final written,as she admitted doing it as a joke

sammy

We've had our finger print to clock in and out for about 2 years now. Takes forever two finger machine when it's takes ages to clock in and out

VladPutin

I hope it's not made by the same people tesco buy our PDA/Printer cabinets from: it usually takes a minimum of four attempts before the bloody thing recognises your fingerprint.

Cheap cr@p that will break down regularly. Just like most things the geniuses at head office buy. 8-)

person7

anyone else know if this is just when you start your shift?

often by the time you get customers out the store and put trolley etc away, its at least 5 minutes past your clock out time, and im working in GM - the people on the tills and customer service desk or doing the shutters on the door always end up over 10 minutes late finishing.

(also to the posts above? fingerprints? what? i hope not! it already takes me 2-4 swipes with my card to get it to recognise me.. if its fingerprints like the PDA machines then thats worse... only took me 8 attempts last shift to put the PDA away - causing me to clock off late)

RightsDefender

"Sir" Dave Lewis is proclaimed as, "the man who saved Tesco".

A big part of his strategy involved stealing money directly out of the workers' pockets. Sundays and bank holidays went from double time down to time and a half and then down again to time and a quarter. The Christmas bonuses were completely stopped and the pension scheme was massively reduced.

Drastic Dave (the media's name for him, not mine) then received a £6.4 million payout and a knighthood, whilst the loyal workers who had built Tesco up over decades were all left wondering what the hell had happened!

The union USDAW (AKA Useless Seven Days A Week) is funded by the monthly fees of members and will help members with trivial in-store issues, but if you need to fight against Tesco itself, they will say (and I quote), "USDAW works in partnership with Tesco".

You read that right! They're funded by workers but are in partnership with an entity that might at times be the enemy! USDAW stood by and let Tesco take away almost everything from its members.

So if you therefore go to an employment tribunal (like I did), but decide to make the claim yourself, rather than use a union that you know is in the pocket of Tesco, the opening gambit by Tesco's barrister (which you as a lowly paid worker could never even possibly hope to afford) is, "even USDAW don't feel that the claimant has a case". So you're on the back foot from day one.

I lost the tribunal and was forced to sell my family home of nearly 30 years because Tesco had threatened me with costs if I didn't withdraw the claim. And when they did this, I couldn't tell the Employment Tribunal that they had threatened me because the law permits these big firms to intimidate claimants in this way if they make the threat on a "without prejudice" basis.

I went from being the highest performing customer delivery driver (having received 214 positive customer reviews in just under 24 months) and the first driver in the store to ever receive a "gold" badge (even though the department had been running for 15 years when I started there) to losing my house and having to live in a van. All this because the department boss made my life hell after I reported to her that I would, "not break the law for ANYBODY", after I had been called in on my day off and coerced into working a double driving shift without a break.

A barrister and EIGHT 'witnesses' (coached by a £multimillion legal team) all turned up and lied through their teeth at that tribunal. The judge even allowed the department boss (that I had made the protected disclosure to) to change her testimony to something different to what she had put in her witness statement!

Several other drivers had been forced to work double shifts without breaks (I even supplied a letter from another driver and proved the store manager was lying when he said, "Tesco would never allow this to happen" - but the judge had no interest in it), but how many witnesses could I rely on? NONE..... because I wouldn't ask anybody to risk reprisals (in a similar fashion to what I had suffered) from an employer that they all still worked for!

In the first two days, I was subjected to a full day and a half of interrogation style questioning from a fully trained employment law barrister and  I was only allowed to answer "yes" or "no", yet when I attempted to adopt that approach when cross-examining, the barrister objected and the judge upheld the objection and told me that I couldn't use that style of questioning because I hadn't been legally trained!???

First example (after having been portrayed as an aggressive man to the judge and two lay people - despite having fought and had two untruthful accusations from customers overturned - and supplied evidence to prove that was the case):

Barr: "It's true that you're an angry aggressive man isn't it?"

Me: "No" (because I can only say yes or no).

Barr: "so you're saying everyone here is lying" [Barr looks at the judge].

Me: [looking pleadingly at the judge and stammering] "Yes".

Barr: [looks at the judge].

[Judge looks discompassionately at me].

Blatant lies were told about me in the tribunal and not one single piece of the evidence I supplied to prove my case was acknowledged.

And despite the overwhelming odds being against me and me realising by now that I had a biased judge, I still proved that several of the managers were lying, yet the judge called ME a liar in the judgement summary.

I did not lie once. Not ever and even though I PROVED they had lied, I still lost and was humiliated in the judgement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Employment Tribunals are supposed to be a non-legalistic forum to create a level playing field in a David versus Goliath situation. That judge let that barrister interrogate me for a day and a half without intervening once.

She than went on to make a factual error in the judgement (she got a crucial date wrong), but even though I appealed, the senior judges in London would not allow my appeal.

It sickens me that the law is completely on the side of the £multi-million law-breaking businesses and I will not rest until I see a BIG CHANGE made in favour of working people.

‐----------------------------------------------------------------------'
If someone from Tesco reads this and either you or the judge want to sue me..... DO YOUR WORST!

You can't take anything off somebody who you've already left with nothing.

You won the battle that day, but I'm telling you now, it will be a COLD DAY IN HELL before I give up my mission to expose Tesco for the lying, back-stabbing, corner-cutting, life-endangering company that it is and the Employment Tribunal for the biased and unjust place it is too.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm heartened by this greedy man being exposed for receiving another £4.4 million, stolen from the Tesco workforce.

Tesco workers...... don't be put off by my story. I am just one man against a £multimillion organisation. As such, I made some inevitable mistakes

But you can still unite and fight against your dishonorable employer if you want to. But don't waste your time with USDAW because they will just stand by and take the side of Tesco.

If you see ANYTHING illegal happening, report it but do EVERYTHING by email and get photographs and proof of everything and try to get unbiased witnesses (not USDAW) to corroborate anything that you report.

Don't let them get away with it! I'm not finished yet. 🤜🤛

lucgeo

Oh wow  :o

You've certainly found out the hard way that USDAW are only fit to pay lip service to instore petty rules. They concentrate on union membership for paying their huge salaries and expenses for glorified gala events and award ceremonies!

My heart goes out to you on how much you've lost to fight for your rights ( or wrongs in this case)  :(

Sometimes journalists have been known to post questions on this site, perhaps one will read this and be interested in highlighting your case ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

QuoteIf you see ANYTHING illegal happening, report it but do EVERYTHING by email and get photographs and proof of everything and try to get unbiased witnesses (not USDAW) to corroborate anything that you report.
Matches one of my favourite 'chants' GET IT IN WRITING.

Can we go back to the topic.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Doggiedoodle

@RightsDefender
:thumbup:

surlaroute

@RightsDefender I'm glad they let you get away with kinda hijacking the thread here so far n I hope they let it stay cos this is the most amazingly well written and pointed things I've read on here in a while. I never got as far as tribunals (yet) but have now been just nearly fired for the second time for just basically doing the right thing and pointing things out... everything you say about their machinations is recognisable to me, it's just transparently evil and just documenting it as you have will help others see through it, it might be the best thing you can do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk