News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 04:18AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,354
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 256
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 175
Total: 175

Lying about absence

Started by Guftagu, 14-06-20, 03:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guftagu

If you lied about why you were absent, will this result in disciplinary

Katarn2000

Depending on the circumstances it would likely be considered gross misconduct and could result in dismissal. If there was a good reason for the lie you could argue it but I can't see that working.

lucgeo

Depends if you have been caught out on the reason you were absent, as not being the real reason e.g. Off sick for a number of days, yet posted on social media photos of night out etc. during the absence?

If it's just a case that you have said you were off with a specific ailment, and they are informed you didn't have said ailment...then you tell them you were just too embarrassed to give the real reason as it was highly personal...then you go on to tell them some story...if it's a male leading the investigation, a detailed description of menstrual problems usually works, or vice versa for a man, giving indept and graphic details of genital problems :o

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

penguin

Will usually result in dismissal, breach of trust between yourself and the company, you would need one hell of a good excuse to get away with it, and if you lied about being sick or off for a domestic reason and were then seen in the pub or suchlike you might as well hand in your notice.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

stockcontroller

6 months ago I was already on my way out the door to a new job and phoned in sick but was seen on a night out the night before I was meant to be on shift 8-) . Basically manager found out went to an investigation which at the end of I handed my notice in. Manager said it would have been dismissal for gross misconduct anyway but he already knew I was leaving. Basically unless you have a VERY good excuse for it then you're as good as gone.

Redshoes

It depends, it all depends your actions. If you lied and went out that is not good. If you lied about what illness you had but we're still ill that is different. People do get embarrassed about some things and prefer to hide and keep private.
if you said you had flu like symptoms but you really had a tummy bug who would know. You just need to do the right thing if you work in fresh. You should not say you have flu and come back to work too soon after a tummy bug. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk