News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 275
Total: 282

New pay rise

Started by cosmosmallpiece, 13-12-18, 10:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

think Sunday premium is going soon anyway - whether or not they put base salary to £10!!

T.C.1

Time will tell but over the years colleagues have lost a lot for peanuts!!

lordadmiral

£10.57 for those with 3 yr of experience plus paid breaks. So Aldis day worker will have what we earn on nights at Tesco. FFS.

Nomad

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/wages-asda-tesco-aldi-morrisons-19785878

QuoteA full list of wages for every major supermarket in the UK - and which pays the highest
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: lordadmiral on 19-01-21, 10:06PM
£10.57 for those with 3 yr of experience plus paid breaks. So Aldis day worker will have what we earn on nights at Tesco. FFS.

I don’t see many from night shift wanting to join Aldi day shift.

lordadmiral

Thre is a info that Waitrose offer performance pay. I would be happy to see it at tesco. Maybe those who spend 7h filling 2-3 cages push themself to get better pay ;D

notsofunny

Anyone seen the staffing levels at aldi and lidl , from what I have seen they never stop working , never seen 2 members of staff talking to each other let alone to visitors wonder what the sales ratio is compared to sales  ??? , The other thing I noticed some time ago was that not one of them seem to be over 30 years of age ,

dotnochance

Quote from: lordadmiral on 08-02-21, 11:48AM
Thre is a info that Waitrose offer performance pay. I would be happy to see it at tesco. Maybe those who spend 7h filling 2-3 cages push themself to get better pay ;D
I wouldn’t want performance pay to com into Tesco, especially with the culture that mangers have with favourites, now I don’t think any managers would penalise me, but I can see a lot of people loosing out on pay because their not in the right group, there’s a manager in our store who used to be on bws who would spend 90% of his shift sitting on beer through in the bond on his phone! But because he’s friendly with store manager he got fast tracked onto management and is saying he’s looking to go onto senior training, less than 2 years with company. He’s completely useless as a manager.
Some staff do bugger al but because they are friendly with managers with can do no wrong, and then some staff who work their asses of, but don’t get on with managers  get picked up on for every little thing

NightAndDay

Tesco does teach hard work doesn't pay, it's who you know.

BarryZola

Quote from: lordadmiral on 08-02-21, 11:48AM

At Waitrose you'd probably also have the pleasure of not having to work around or serve the Wayne and Waynetta Slob family who come in 5 at a time during a pandemic when asked to come in alone, eating and drinking and making loads of noise then discarding their rubbish across random shelves. I would expect that waitrose attracts a slightly more refined clientele. You can't put a price on that.

notsofunny

in which case would it not be better that you went and worked at ,,, rather than at tesco in which the average working class family shop , and who happen to pay your salary ? But be careful they are due to close some stores due to the drop in snobs shopping in them and the Wayne and ,, not being welcomed ,,,,,,

NightAndDay

Quote from: notsofunny on 08-02-21, 01:09PM
Anyone seen the staffing levels at aldi and lidl , from what I have seen they never stop working , never seen 2 members of staff talking to each other let alone to visitors wonder what the sales ratio is compared to sales  ??? , The other thing I noticed some time ago was that not one of them seem to be over 30 years of age ,

If you see the reviews at Aldi and the Aldi graduate scheme, starting salary £44k a year and a BMW M3, rising in increments to £78k a year, what they don't tell you is that the BMW M3 is a BIK so royally screws you for tax and it's a 48 hour a week contract with no paid overtime, 70+ hour work weeks are common, reviews say staff turnover is breathtakingly high, beware all that glistens, Aldi and Lidl also have been notoriously anti-union, if you think Tesco is bad, (and it is) the employment law breaking levels at Aldi are enough to make an employment law tribunal judge blush, work conditions have been referenced to as like being at an internment camp. This by the way is for Area Manager roles, it gets no better lower down, you're paid well but they more than take their pound of flesh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk