News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:32PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 314
Total: 320

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siwel123

Just because they were not wearing the landyard doesn't mean they're not exempt. The landyard wasn't even designed for being exempt for masks anyway. And regardless our store ran out of the landyards at the start and never have enough stock for all exempt staff.

taichi

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings in a Relevant Place) (England) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020
Made23rd September 2020

Coming into force at 12.01 a.m. on 24th September 2020.
In accordance with section 45R of that Act the Secretary of State is of the opinion that, by reason of urgency, it is necessary to make this instrument without a draft having been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, each House of Parliament. 8)

These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings in a Relevant Place) (England) Regulations 2020 (S.I. 2020/791) such that employees and other persons providing services in public houses will be required to wear face coverings when they are in close proximity to members of the public unless they are exempt or have a reasonable excuse.

No regulatory impact assessment has been prepared for these Regulations.

An Explanatory Memorandum has been published alongside this instrument at www.legislation.gov.uk.

"unless they are exempt or have a reasonable excuse"

Guidance
Face coverings: when to wear one, exemptions, and how to make your own
Updated 24 September 2020

Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.

Tossgo

So all colleagues need to wear a mask whilst on the shop floor (unless medically exempt).
Does this include in offices and out in back areas such as the warehouse not on the shop floor? As our store seem to be trying to enforce wearing a face mask in ALL areas of the store even in offices etc?

NightAndDay

Quote from: taichi on 24-09-20, 08:56PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 24-09-20, 05:48PM
It is.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/592/contents/made

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings on Public Transport) (England) Regulations 2020? :) :thumbup:
https://fullfact.org/online/police-mask-fines-arrests/  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

The reason the pandemic is still going on is because people like yourself don't wear a mask in public places because you think it's a conspiracy theory, stop spreading misinformation.

gomezz

From the government web site

QuoteStaff in indoor settings

Face coverings must be worn by retail, leisure and hospitality staff working in areas that are open to the public and where they’re likely to come into contact with a member of the public.

Quite clear that backroom areas are not included and neither are dot com drivers unless they enter a customer's home but stay outside.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

taichi

Quote from: NightAndDay on 25-09-20, 09:12AM
Quote from: taichi on 24-09-20, 08:56PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 24-09-20, 05:48PM
It is.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/592/contents/made

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings on Public Transport) (England) Regulations 2020? :) :thumbup:
https://fullfact.org/online/police-mask-fines-arrests/  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

The reason the pandemic is still going on is because people like yourself don't wear a mask in public places because you think it's a conspiracy theory, stop spreading misinformation.

"stop spreading misinformation"
Do you call the official government website "misinformation"? 8)
Not good.

taichi

Quote from: Tossgo on 25-09-20, 07:49AM
So all colleagues need to wear a mask whilst on the shop floor (unless medically exempt).
Does this include in offices and out in back areas such as the warehouse not on the shop floor? As our store seem to be trying to enforce wearing a face mask in ALL areas of the store even in offices etc?

Yes.

As our store seem to be trying to enforce wearing a face mask in ALL areas of the store even in offices etc?

I suggest you politely ask for a written justification, of course signed by the person responsible for it.
Don't waste your time - let the tesco managers do the work :)

Munchkin

I don't want to wear a mask no one does but it's to protect ourselves, other workers our family's and friends so wherever we work let's just wear one,only part of my working week is customer facing I have never worn a mask but I  always will now partly out of fairness to those who are going to have to wear one all the timel so just be adults about it and be thankful we're still alive with jobs to moan about. I have friends in real dire straits due to covid facing hunger and homelessness having to wear a mask to work just doesn't compare some of you get a grip

Redshoes

Quote from: Tossgo on 25-09-20, 07:49AM

Could it be that you have a colleague in your store that has tested positive.

Could it be that you have a colleague working in the back areas that feels vulnerable and unsafe.

Tossgo

UPDATE - Can colleagues wear a face visor instead of a face covering?
No - Face visors can be worn in addition to face coverings but not instead of.

So basically everyone wearing a face shield/visor has to wear a mask/covering underneath,

lackofinterest

a visor is a face covering!!!! has the government stated this rule?????

gomezz

Yes, they have stated what counts as face covering if you look at the information on their web site.  A visor does not meet those criteria.

Deckard55

Evidently a manager was telling me that all store managers had a message from the SD`s last week that visors were not allowed without a mask and masks have to be worn in the warehouse and were not allowed to be taken off. Seems a bit harsh as when in the warehouse nearly all the time have nobody else anywhere near me and it was nice just to take them off for a little bit just to have a bit of a "breather". All the Government advice I have seen states that masks must be worn when dealing in customer facing areas and nothing about when you are in the warehouse?

lackofinterest

in that case i'll wear it as a chin warmer and spend more time outside the store in 8-)

lucgeo

8-) you may as well...lots of shoppers and retail staff on Friday, dropping their masks to chin straps, or half mast under their noses..mainly the elderly customers I may add. Also only visors and no masks with some staff.  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

Quote from: lackofinterest on 27-09-20, 10:58AMmasks have to be worn in the warehouse and were not allowed to be taken off
That is out of date guidance seemingly based on the original government announcement.  Subsequently clarified on the government web site where it makes it clear that not needed where not likely to come in contact with customers and proper distancing can be maintained.

Munchkin

The info that came down on coms re face coverings has been printed off and put up by clock in machine at our store NO Visors without a mask. No masks if behind a screen. No masks needed in back areas unless social distancing is not possible. Masks for shop floor unless exempt

Mark calloway

We've been told that even those who are exempt from wearing a mask HAVE to wear a visor on the shop floor as it's law. Is it correct?

NightAndDay

It is not law, the English government hasn't made amy guidelines surrounding this. It would however probably be advised if it didn't trigger off whatever condition the person has that exempts them from wearing a face mask.

Munchkin

If your exemp on health grounds physical or mental you do not have to wear a face covering anywhere or provide any proof other than your spoken reason for not wearing one

NightAndDay

That I believe makes the whole law pointless, as everyone could say I have such and such and therefore exempt from wearing one, I believe that a form of ID should be worn by the applicable (and can only be given out by GPs) and should be amended into the law as to not make it completely pointless.

dotnochance

oh i like that, how about an armband? i choose a star for the armband symbol!

taichi

Quote from: NightAndDay on 29-09-20, 04:23PM
That I believe makes the whole law pointless, as everyone could say I have such and such and therefore exempt from wearing one, I believe that a form of ID should be worn by the applicable (and can only be given out by GPs) and should be amended into the law as to not make it completely pointless.

I think you should officially propose this to the government. The next step is the armbands with the appropriate inscription or symbol. There were already such solutions, in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s.

taichi

Quote from: dotnochance on 29-09-20, 04:59PM
oh i like that, how about an armband? i choose a star for the armband symbol!

:thumbup:  :)
star inscribed with the image of corona 19  :)

hesketh

Search 2010 Equality Act
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk