News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:46PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 281
Total: 281

Uniform

Started by Woody00, 15-11-19, 03:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackof interest

Actually I do have buttons, and safety pins (various sizes), a needle threader, tape measure (that's for the colleagues who tell me that their new uniform doesn't fit but is actually the correct size and they need to order a size bigger),

Maybe its time to learn how to sew, lol.

Ravvers

I wore those merchandising gloves for working on frozen as the freezer gloves were too thick to work with speed as they were not practical in gripping the products , I gave up getting them from Tesco though so I used to order my own - packs of 12 on ebay - I should have claimed for them with the Tax man - I also ordered my own cutters & nearly ordered a new freezer coat as it took a year of moaning my old one was knackered but finally the union stepped in & I got one - only to get made redundant 2 months later !

forrestgimp

Stuff like that coat all it takes is for you to tell them that unless they supply the PPE for the job you are not doing it they will get it then.

NavyNinja

I've changed jobs in store and need to order a different shirt or two and pair of trousers from what I have now. Online it says I'm at my allocation and ordering more will require approval. Will these be done automatically from my store once I order or will I need to speak to someone in my store first before i order it?

NavyNinja

Do both. You can still order it (and add a comment as to why you're ordering it, in this case new department). I would also ask your manager to make sure the uniform orderer/authoriser approves it. I authorise the uniform in my store and only question colleagues who are trying to order much more than their allowance or have somehow managed to order something they are not entitled to.

NavyNinja

Thank you. My manager is off for the next week on holiday so is there a specific person who orders/authorises the uniform I can speak too then?

SimonF12003

Not sure about your store, but in mine it's the wage clerk

In my store its the wages clerk, admin colleague and Stock and Admin manager.

Cinderella

I have to order some new uniform, but various people keep telling me different things in relation to sizes. When I first joined the company (that was the last time I ordered any uniform) I ordered my regular size, and it fit. But now, I’m hearing from people it’s best to order a size or two bigger, that sizing has changed since I ordered. What are everyone’s experiences with Tesco uniform sizes?

Redshoes

The uniform seems to be made in batches so it will depend on the batch. It's trial and error.

Cinderella

I’m trying to order a new name badge, as mine is a bit tatty (been in the wash a few times!) and also I’ve changed job role. I log in to the uniform ordering site with my @tesco.com ID, but when I select to order a name badge, it asks me to log in again. My @tesco.com and first name.lastname IDs I use in the workplace aren’t accepted.

Anyone know what login details I am supposed to use for ordering my name badge? I managed to order shirts and so on without being asked to log in a second time

TescoXXXX (XXXX is store number)
tesco123

Cinderella

That worked - thank you!

Shoestring

The new design polo shirt for females is awful, the worst yet so all the while this design is prevalent then the uniform I have will be worn until thread bare if need be!

Cinderella

Tesco’s creative sizing with uniform is driving me nuts! I ordered my size - didn’t fit. Went one bigger, still didn’t fit. Ordered two sizes bigger and it was the same size in inches as the first one I ordered! Do they just stick a size label on any old thing?? It’s getting pretty frustrating to keep coming in out of uniform and having my manager ask me why the uniform she authorised isn’t being used

StinkyPoo

The ladies smart trousers are awful now,button up front. Every time I bend over my backside is on show as they are too loose around hips but too tight on leg!

Elmer Fudd

I’m so glad someone else thinks the same on the new women’s trousers ... I was starting to think I was a very odd shape

StinkyPoo

Cruella, haha, me too! I preferred the old side zip, at least they fitted better!

Plato

I have arthritic thumbs and hated the side zips, but the catch at the top of the front zip is even worse to do up.  >:(

Cinderella

Quote from: StinkyPoo on 09-08-20, 02:59PM
The ladies smart trousers are awful now,button up front. Every time I bend over my backside is on show as they are too loose around hips but too tight on leg!

This is what I am finding too - and every time I bend down I’m scared they might tear!

ReliefCashier

I am trying to order uniform online but keep getting the error message and have emailed he dimension email to receive a repose asking for my employee number then no further communication. I asked the person responsible in my store to no avail! Any ideas on the next move?

Also when ordering, what style are the 'smart' ladies trousers compared to the the casual please?

StinkyPoo

Fill in a paper uniform order form and hand in to manager. The smart trousers are the thin formal type, the casual are the thick combat ones.

ReliefCashier

Have you tried logging on since you gave Dimensions your employee number? They might have set you up and not informed you that the problem is resolved.

ReliefCashier

Quote from: StinkyPoo on 23-10-20, 06:42PM
Fill in a paper uniform order form and hand in to manager. The smart trousers are the thin formal type, the casual are the thick combat ones.

Thank you, I will give this a go and fingers crossed someone takes responsibility for it!

I think I would prefer the combat but fear they would make the already hot sweaty shifts even worse!

ReliefCashier

Quote from: 80377494 on 23-10-20, 07:44PM
ReliefCashier

Have you tried logging on since you gave Dimensions your employee number? They might have set you up and not informed you that the problem is resolved.

I have but sadly it still isn’t working. I was told that due to the system changing over, this maybe affecting the ordering but I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk