News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 280
Total: 284

Pay discrimination

Started by Bluemoon, 07-02-21, 08:47PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluemoon

I am contracted to Cash Office three days a week. The other four days are covered by customer service desk colleagues. They only process money on to the system. I do everything else I.e investigations, emptying machines all banking and money gram paperwork. I have just found out they get paid csd rate on the days they are in cash office. So they are paid more than me. Is this right?

Katarn2000

Yeah that's right and it's within company policy. They should get paid the rate where they work the majority of their hours. Sucks for you though.

alf

Not quite, it's ultimately depends on why they are covering the cash office.

If they're doing it as voluntarily overtime they should not be getting their CSD skills payment.

If they are being told to cover the cash office during what would have been a contracted shift of on CSD, they should receive the CSD skills payment

Q. What happens when a colleague whose normal job role attracts a skills payment is
asked or scheduled to work in a job role that does not attract a skills payment?

A. If, during your normal contracted hours, you are asked to work in a job role with a
lower hourly rate you will not be paid less. You will be paid your normal hourly rate and
skills payment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk