Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:08PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 291
Total: 293

Bakers, are you affected how do you feel?

Started by forrestgimp, 25-02-20, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrestgimp

Well over 1800 bakers looking at potentia redundancy, I know of 3 who will be out partying tonight hoping they make the cut but ours is a profitable one so they may be unlucky.

Bakersdozen

How accurate is the redundancy calculator on here, anyone?

Mr ford

It's a massive cull. Bakery managers to go along with half the bakery team. It is all going to bake off.

fluffymum

Managers, there is no mention of ANY team managers being effected

Bluebertie

We're going to full bake off. No managers are affected only bakers and general assistants

Bluebertie

Also I've been hanging on for a redundancy payment but it still felt like I'd been punch when i got the news

Fair play

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 25-02-20, 07:29PM

Very ... but I got more as also give redundancy on my last three months overtime , so had more then expected

Bakersdozen

Quote from: Fair play on 25-02-20, 07:41PM
Quote from: Bakersdozen on 25-02-20, 07:29PM

Very ... but I got more as also give redundancy on my last three months overtime , so had more then expected
thank you For that..

Mr ford

So it's all going to bake off no need for a manager once the moves are done in may. The bakery manager role will combine with a fresh role.

Hammer10

Not all going to bake off some stores depending what they take will keep some scratch as the freezers not big enough to stock all the bake off.

Siwel123

Also it's bread and bakery manager, whatever happens i can't see them getting rid of the manager, they will still have some bakery staff and bread staff will still be the same hours even if you go full bake off. No way will they get rid of the manager.

superstore_tl

Breifing given in my shop today
Bakery manger situation will be announced when the manager review happens later in the year
Only 200 something scratch bakeries will stay all the rest to change
All stores will be 6pm closing
Jobs offered before redundancy an offer. Around 1000 available online
Criteria to be confirmed with Usdaw and applied like last year Counters change
Collective consultation starts from week 1

lucgeo

All stores or bakeries 6pm closing
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

kaled78

we have been told that no packers will start before 6am now,ours used to start at 5am

Thor

Those that are already transformation bakeries, will this culling affect those too? or will it be a change of hours?

Thor

Lots of noise on twitter on about the bakeries, one tweet said that one of the main cause due to loss of sales may be from unwrapped bread on display for all customers to touch and cough over. very unhygienic, to be honest they have a point. a very bad move to display unwrapped bread on the shop floor.

Samuel137

Quote from: Thor on 26-02-20, 10:01AM
Lots of noise on twitter on about the bakeries, one tweet said that one of the main cause due to loss of sales may be from unwrapped bread on display for all customers to touch and cough over. very unhygienic, to be honest they have a point. a very bad move to display unwrapped bread on the shop floor.

To be fair that's probably to biggest complaint that you're pretty much guaranteed to get everyday, we've had customers coming in for years but as soon as it changed to being unwrapped they either don't buy bread or shop elsewhere.

smithers

yeh good idea but a lift up screen should of been done for them like you get in coop

2amSunRise

How do we actually go about trying to get the redundancy? We've been told you get put into a pool. Bakers and packers separate. Those with the worse attendance or availability will be the first to go. But those who do well get to stay and if we can't do the hours in the bakery then we can go else where in the store if there's a job going. My question is, is there anything we can actually say or do to get them to agree that although we are good and want to keep us, we can have redundancy? More people want to leave than stay but I don't think tesco will allow this. Letting go those who have a worse record and giving them a chunk of money feels like those of us who are hard working but want to leave are going to get punished and not given the redundancy. Hope this makes sense

madness

And yet people complain about supermarkets and too much packaging. Damned if you do damned if you don't

lucgeo

Quote from: 2amSunRise on 26-02-20, 10:52AM
How do we actually go about trying to get the redundancy? We've been told you get put into a pool. Bakers and packers separate. Those with the worse attendance or availability will be the first to go. But those who do well get to stay and if we can't do the hours in the bakery then we can go else where in the store if there's a job going. My question is, is there anything we can actually say or do to get them to agree that although we are good and want to keep us, we can have redundancy? More people want to leave than stay but I don't think tesco will allow this. Letting go those who have a worse record and giving them a chunk of money feels like those of us who are hard working but want to leave are going to get punished and not given the redundancy. Hope this makes sense

You're being fed half truths...
If they have matched hours to your current contract, which also match your availability form and where you stated alternative dept or store, then if you then refuse you are not eligible for redundancy.
If more than one people apply for an available vacancy,  then it goes on criteria...a pointing system e.g. Length of service, if you are a first aider, USDAW rep etc. would gain an extra point.
I'm pretty sure your sickness record cannot be taken into account.
Again I'd reiterate, if you want redundancy, ONLY state your CURRENT hours and availability on the form...do not say you will do less hours/ different shifts or days, DO NOT STATE you will consider another store, only put dept's instore that you would really want to work on. If you're a full timer, state the dept's which have less hours contracts (mainly all of shopfloor now!)
Do not believe you have to put least/most hours on the form...untrue!
Do not believe you have to explain your lack of availability...untrue!
You are a skilled baker, on a specific dept, and have a dept code, therefore your position is being made redundant. You are not an unskilled CA, with no recognised specific dept.
Take a witness into every meeting, write down your questions beforehand to ask at the meeting and get a copy of the notes made with the answers to your questions.
Also ask if your higher grade will be permanently recognised on an unskilled dept, as you would technically be taking a demotion therefore suffering a detriment.

polar

smithers

can you do more then 1 dept like bakery an dotcom or something and keep full hrs?

lucgeo

Only once the process is finished, could you apply for a vacancy on another dept...as all vacancies must be available for everyone to apply. Your consultation will concentrate on whether you are taking a drop in hours or redundancy. Your decision must be reached on this alone, as there's no guarantee after the process that another dept will be able to accommodate you, and not every store is open to having people working two dept's as availability becomes an issue!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk