News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:57PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 317
Total: 321

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUY TESLA STOCK

remind them they are free to go elsewhere. 

whatajoke2019

I’ve had it a couple of times where customers have asked me why I’m not stopping people coming in who aren’t wearing masks. Just apologised and said we haven’t got the powers to enforce it.

NightAndDay

Looking at the infection rate, the 2nd wave is here, BoJo's announcing new nationwide restrictions next week, looks like we're heading into lockdown territory.

Bacons

Testing rate is 2000x what is was at the peak of first wave so it's hardly that bad. Another lock down would be economic suicide.

Redshoes

We put out tannoy S to say not everyone can wear masks due to health issues. We have been wearing for ages now as I'm in a Scottish store, tannoy was only needed in the beginning.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Bacons on 19-09-20, 08:07PM
Testing rate is 2000x what is was at the peak of first wave so it's hardly that bad. Another lock down would be economic suicide.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/20/second-lockdown-uk-new-rules-another-national/ looks like a "short circuit" 2nd lockdown is on the cards, reduced opening times from imposed 10pm curfews looks likely to happen next week.

Piggo64

Quote from: King1999 on 09-08-20, 01:29PM
So many opinionated,entitled there are as well.
so true

BUY TESLA STOCK

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion ;D

King1999

Of course they are.That’s the problem 😉

dotnochance

Face masks are the greatest thing to be ever introduced to retail, annoying customers being dicks, well face masks hid me mouthing f*** YOU to every single one of them!!

lucgeo

8-) nice one  :thumbup:

Won't be long till Tesco insist on clear masks, so that you can be seen to be smiling, whilst being verbally abused  ;D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

thor god of thunder

im sure I read somewhere Tesco was having its own masks made...as part of uniform? don't know if any one else had heard this? they are great though lets face it no smiling and a nice barber between you and customers, its harder for people to just look at you and know they want something so you can just carry on like they are not there....apart from the masses who seem to have just developed asthma overnight of course

Piggo64

Quote from: lucgeo on 30-07-20, 10:41PM
Quote from: Paulie on 30-07-20, 08:13PM
You can't force people to wear masks, i don't care about heartbreak stories of elderly parents with a bunch of existing health problems. I'm old myself, but I can see the damage mentally already with the younger generations. I don't want to tell my grandchildren in a few years there used to be a time where we never wore face masks at work. Let's get life back to normal, shield people who are vulnerable and rest of us get on with it.

Shame on you  :thumbdown: :-X :-X

Let's hope your grandchildren don't just leave you to it, not bothering or caring when you're the elderly relative with a bunch of health issues.
I'm really at a loss to understand how the younger generation can be mentally damaged from wearing a face mask ??? ???
Hope you feel the same when you are only allowed out for 1 hour per day. If you are at a loss then get your head out of the sand and do some research.

NightAndDay

Getting "back to normal" when Covid rates are at 4,400+ cases a days is just moronic, I'm actually of the position that people should do what they want, I've had enough of the government trying to make everything idiot-proof, let natural selection work as intended I say and weed out the intellectually challenged.

dotnochance

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"DO SOME RESEARCH"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
That line is always from the same people who have never read a book never mind doing research

Rumblerumble

Same as our shop, Dot Com pickers making excuses for not wearing facemasks, never known a department that has so many staff with medical problems

Quote from: lemons84 on 06-08-20, 02:44PM
In our store Dotcom team leaders are going around asking the pickers why the aren’t wearing face masks.

Many of us have our reasons- Health/ anxiety etc and have previously stated why they aren’t wearing one. Fair enough..

This is being done under the guise of a ‘Service check’ on staff.. checking uniform etc..

This is being done on the shop floor in front of customers and other staff- staff are expected to explain themselves on the shop floor which in my opinion isn’t professional ( Tesco professional?!) Considering we’re divulging personal information I think it’s out of order.

Are they allowed to do this or would a quick chat off the shop floor be more appropriate? I’m unsure who to complain to about this !

taichi

Face coverings: when to wear one, exemptions, and how to make your own
Updated 23 September 2020.

Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.

BUY TESLA STOCK

notsofunny

Quote from: taichi on 23-09-20, 03:55PM

Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

All it would take is for someone to contact the local authority to make a complaint to say store staff are not complying to new Law which says staff are to use face covering ,
this in turn will lead Those that be to ask staff to comply or show medical letter to say they cant have one on ,
Or as is the case in one store the staff member has told those that be to insure all staff are covering the face  and store is following covid law as far as the store workings goes ,if not then she should not have to work and will report it to health authority and Union ,

I do know that a few that have said they cant have been told they will be on the tills or off loading at the back door ,, ???

Fixxer

Quote from: notsofunny on 24-09-20, 02:38AM
I do know that a few that have said they cant have been told they will be on the tills or off loading at the back door ,, ???

Makes sense, if you can't comfortably do your job in the govt mandated protection then move you to a job that can be done without that protection.
Not only is it "reasonable adjustment" it might help focus the mind of some who are perhaps just using the fact they one were issued an inhaler 20 years ago to stop them having to wear a mask now because they really don't find it comfortable.

Munchkin

So why is anyone under the impression backdoor staff do ot need face coverings the guideline says all retail staff, backdoor staff are still classed as such and come into contact with drivers etc, wearing a face covering is not just about customer facing roles, it is also for each other, delivery drivers, company reps etc. Being exempt on health grounds is not a reason to be moving anyone's hours or departments that would be health discrimation

taichi

Quote from: notsofunny on 24-09-20, 02:38AM
Quote from: taichi on 23-09-20, 03:55PM

All it would take is for someone to contact the local authority to make a complaint to say store staff are not complying to new Law which says staff are to use face covering ,
this in turn will lead Those that be to ask staff to comply or show medical letter to say they cant have one on ,
Or as is the case in one store the staff member has told those that be to insure all staff are covering the face  and store is following covid law as far as the store workings goes ,if not then she should not have to work and will report it to health authority and Union ,

"staff are not complying to new Law"
It's not a law.

barafear

I was in a Tesco today - not where I work - and noted that a couple of the dotcom pickers were not wearing masks; as far as I could tell, most other staff were wearing masks bar a couple who were wearing the sunflower lanyard so presumably exempt.

Not sure on the impact on customer service if we're all wearing masks for the next six months -

I know.....customers and staff will be safer by wearing masks......so six months of non-communication/customer service is a small price to pay.

taichi

Quote from: NightAndDay on 24-09-20, 05:48PM
It is.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/592/contents/made

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings on Public Transport) (England) Regulations 2020? :) :thumbup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk