News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 292
Total: 297

Outbreaks

Started by Nomad, 08-09-20, 11:22AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

So when.do you suggest you fill the store .do you want them also to fill during the.night .And would those working twilight agree to move to nights ?

thor god of thunder

I think at least some thought or an option would be nice wouldn't it? a lot at our store wanted to at least start later so they were working around less people.it wasn't even considered mainly as no manager wanted to work till 2-3 in the morning

notsofunny

would it just be that the Managers did not want to work till 2 or 3 ? or could it be that they are not able to ? it just could be they got told no by head office or that the extra cost in pay for nights would kick in , transport for some could also have been a problem ,,

dotnochance

Any other pickers notice orders come in with the massive party food/drinks orders I’m guessing that loads of people are having parties or a s*** ton of people took up heavy heavy drinking, and eating of party food snacks?

3LittleBirds

We're pretty sure a few people have tested positive on our night shift. Managers aren't telling us anything. They won't confirm or deny and even threatened to write someone up for being persistent in asking. I'm trying to find policies or law requirements when it comes to a potential outbreak among people I work with. We shouldn't have to be afraid when going to work.

If anyone knows what's meant to happen in this situation please let me know.

Nomad

If those you suspect have tested positive are not in work (isolating) are you through contacts like friends/family etc able to get confirmation of their positivity, if yes you and others you work with can stir up a hornets nest and rightly so.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/tesco-worker-coronavirus-case-goole-4574295

QuoteThe worker, whose role at the store has not yet been made public, is self-isolating at home after the case was confirmed.
official secrets act ! ?

QuoteThe staff member works at the Boothferry Road store in Goole but has been told to stay away until their 14-day quarantine period is up.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/more-staff-test-positive-coronavirus-4678750

QuoteStokeonTrentLive has been told nine staff have already tested positive for Covid-19 and at least 17 more workers were waiting for their results.

A Tesco spokesman has today refused to be drawn on how many coronavirus-hit staff are actually off work at the Hanley store.

Sounds bad and maybe getting worse.  Company still playing secret squirrel on numbers.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BUY TESLA STOCK

Looks like the clock machine may have the corona virus.

lordadmiral

My old Town, i worked there. Not looking good.

Nomad

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/tesco-defends-policy-on-vulnerable-workers-after-coronavirus-cases-9129067/

QuoteThey said staff were told to go into work even though they were vulnerable to coronavirus.

One man said his partner is still having chemotherapy for her breast cancer having been diagnosed in June 2019, but was made to work and subsequently tested positive for coronavirus last week.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

NightAndDay

This is an example of why judges need to be given company liquidating powers, putting peoples lives at risk like this can be remedied by a judge fining Tesco £100 million per instance of not safeguarding their people.

dotnochance

That makes me so f****ng angry, that they would do that to someone who is getting chemotherapy. i would destroy that manager if they did that to my wife

chris9997

i think when we start work we should scan into the nhs qr code seen on some shops so they can inform staff when someone has the virus , a person clocking in is no good to identify staff in dept at same time of infected person as you have to rely on MM to do the right thing.

grim up north

I scan the qr code everyday I'm at work

notsofunny

Non of the Express stores in my Area London have the scan thing on the doors  , Yet other small shops have them ,, wonder why ,,,,,,, ???

Nomad

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/news/hertfordshire-news/tesco-confirms-coronavirus-outbreak-royston-4717342

QuoteOne employee told HertsLive they had only been informed of the positive tests by colleagues, rather than management.

If true, not good enough  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/staff-tesco-extra-store-self-19322571

QuoteThe number of staff has not been revealed, but Tesco said it was a 'small number'

50 is a small number.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

gomezz

It is if you are playing cricket.  It is a large number if you are playing rugby and a huge number if you are playing football.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

There is only one small number and that is one, one should know that shouldn't one.  :P

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

StinkyPoo

4 people have covid in my store and about 10 isolating. However this wasn't mentioned by a manager at all, only other colleagues. It's like they don't want people to know. The track and trace seems a bit of a joke, at least another half a dozen people spent time with 2 of them and they weren't asked to isolate or even told.

BUY TESLA STOCK

This is what happens when they continue to do team fills when they could quite easily have everyone working themselves.  With sky high infection rates by asking us to clock in/out and do team fills they are potentially compromising the full shift. Facing up should be kept to a minimum too. Do we really need to have every bit of bog paper aligned when the chances are the customer will be buying it soon anyway as the only one left? Do we really have to fill a shelf when you can dump a pallet freeing up time to fill another aisle?...

PC7

By law, should stores not be advising staff when colleagues and/or management have tested positive for Covid in order that self-isolation can take place in accordance with government guidelines. I don't know anyone has been officially informed although it is common knowledge that there are a number of positive cases amon
g GA's and Managers

barafear

PC7> Should or should not?

Did you make a typo?

If stores don't advise staff, then who does?

PC7

Correct Barafear should read stores should be informing colleagues of positive cases

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk