News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 07:22PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 129
Total: 134

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

Could it be that on the last heat map the dept was over hours but the store decided that they would run with those hours as the heat map is a guide anyway. In that time othe areas have had people leave or they have temps that they are not going to keep or lots of other things that have an impact on hours. Educated guess would be that no Depts are getting extra hours so an area that was over last time might need to get closer to where they need to be this time.

beentheredoneit

Now been told by PP that all info for stuck food stock managers has been passed to the decision makers.
They have been told since that there will be no action at this time - reading between the lines, the company have got themselves into a rather large hole by saying the change is not a redundancy situation.
So now starting the legal challenge .......
beentheredoneit

Mildew

Who is starting a legal challenge?

stockcontroller

I've heard from my old store that my old FSM manager has been told that they have to move roles as the company has still offered a managerial position (whikst I was still there they were beginning the transition from FSM to Stock & Admin but that stopped when they questioned the workload) and if they refuse they're basically resigning. This is basically the same thing they told myself and others back in April 2019 when we were offered new roles across stock control that if we refused we'd be putting ourselves out of a job. Clearly the company don't care as they can get away with it  :(

Redshoes

It's not different to moving colleagues. You can tell colleagues that there are now no longer the hours within stock control but there are jobs on checkouts. The colleague has the choice to take or not as all part of moving hours round the business.
a managers job is Duty Manager and line manager, the duty part has no change. As a line manager you still do the holiday, book the overtime etc. It's just additional knowledge with taking on new responsibilities. It may be a bigger role but some things have been slimed down too. It may be greater responsibilities but less hands on doing a CA part of the job yourself.
We have two excellent signed off but not appointed managers waiting for jobs. They are on hold, living in limbo waiting to see if jobs will become available to them but they can't be appointed until the soft structure managers are sorted. You are in limbo too, I get that but if they decide to appoint those willing to take on the jobs where will this leave you. I don't mean to be harsh but this is not the time to make a stand. Loads of companies are closing, redundancies and unemployment is on the rise. We are still in business but COVID has cost a fortune. We are heading towards lean times so jobs that have had tasks removed and reassigned will not be in limbo for long.

Mildew

It's not a one scenario fits all situation though. In our shop and area the opposite is happening. We now have more displaced managers in limbo with this fsm role and now the counters managers imminently and absolutely no vacancies. If you're in an area being offered vacancies fine, but we are stacking up managers they have displaced and vacancies will become less and less as many now cling to their jobs as the Covid situation is killing the jobs market and less people will chance leaving the company.

Hammer10

Never heard anything like it in days gone by people would be made redundant tight fisted company.

Ay up me duck

thank you red shoes. That is exactly what I was told. Having a mortgage to pay i am not in a position to not move to stock and admin role. Tesco has taken legal advice on this and I certainly not want to be without a job in the current climate.  What part of no redundancy do people just not understand???

Nomad

"What part of no redundancy do people just not understand???"

There are those who would welcome redundancy, and are entitled to seek/argue for it if they believe the job situation warrants it, or would you deny them that right.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: Ay up me duck on 25-07-20, 07:05PM
thank you red shoes. That is exactly what I was told. Having a mortgage to pay i am not in a position to not move to stock and admin role. Tesco has taken legal advice on this and I certainly not want to be without a job in the current climate.  What part of no redundancy do people just not understand???

Lots of us have Mortgages to pay, however I have made it clear it to Tesco that they can start the formal process against me to move to another role or the Stock and Admin role.
As of today, no formal meetings or invites to formal meetings.
Being called upto the store manager's office and told you have to move or else seems to be the approach by some.
Those of you who are now being told they have move or else, I would welcome your experiences around this.

Mildew

I am not being threatened in anyway at all and can’t fault things at a store level. I will simply continue to do half a full job role for full pay in a situation of their own making.

Hammer10

You stock managers who won’t move what is the problem all you have to do is what is required and that is to manage staff and with your experience of stock control you should be able to help support your store and stop whinging ,also think about those who do not have a full time job you should be grateful.

Mildew

How about can’t move? I’m sure you have all the answers, as the company certainly don’t after nearly a year? Perhaps they should hire you to solve this impasse.

lucgeo

Quote from: Ay up me duck on 25-07-20, 07:05PM

If it was so clear cut and a done deal, then why wasn't it all sorted in the beginning? Why are managers still being allowed to stay in their positions, with no managerial responsibilities, retaining their full pay? Ask any SM telling managers to move or lose their jobs, if that is a personal threat, or are they speaking on behalf of Tesco? Either way, can you have it in writing?

" no redundancy" was told to stock control, counters and bakery. Instructed to fill in availability forms, drop hours, change shifts or risk losing their jobs! Deliberately lied to, by senior team and the SM. Guess what, those that didn't succumb to their threats, got redundancy. Now it seems the counters are not going to re-open, so all those who dropped hours to accommodate, were shafted.

Tesco are renowned for moving the goal posts, operating in grey areas, just look how they manipulated the figures to get big Dave his Golden handshake. That wasn't illegal, but not adhering to redundancy legislation is!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

beentheredoneit

I am guessing that since no posts for a few month either;

1/ everyone who wants to move, has
2/ anyone not moving has carried on with stock manager - with regular meetings
3/ anyone left is doing something else - with regular meetings.

Does anyone have any updates?
beentheredoneit

Dooby27

It sounds like it’s done deal with the stock managers. I know in my store they are waiting to hear back from there meeting. I suspect they will move to the senior managers next.

streaker

No changes here either,  waiting game, hold the nerve!!!

Wirey2020

Still in the job....the silence says it all about their apparent logic to remove the role...circumvention of standard practice and they know it.

Fedup

Is soft structure still the same i? Stay in The role till you leave  or suitable alternative found ? Thanks

lucgeo

Oh what a tangled web they tried to weave....would seem they are trying the same now in "no redundancies" as restructuring and everyone is supposedly now a store colleague not on a specific department...so why change people's hours and departments? They just cover the shortfall on their contracted shifts and hours...why have dept codes? Why when one dept short, the whole store isn't brought into the RHRP and everyone's hours tweaked?? It's either dept or store hours that are over...can't have both, pick and choose their stance when it suits!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Mildew

Still in the role and expect to carry on in it.

Dooby27

I think you stay in the role until told otherwise, which is okay to a point. At some point they either need to move the manager to another role or at least redundancy. In my store they have moved to a different store , but I suspect in time that role maybe removed. Like you say they will probably move onto senior team next as it would cost them a fortune to make them redundant. Maybe starting in smaller stores first. The way I see see it is they will carry on reducing the management structure to be more like Aldi etc. Who knows, it is disappointing that there is no decision either way.

Redshoes

There is a risk of employment ending with no redundancy. It's a very small one but it is a risk. If other jobs have come up and have been turned down and a manager clings on to a job that no longer exists they can say they have done all they can and reasonable jobs have been offered and turned down. In the end it will probably go to redundancy but if they have a very tight case that is documented all along than alternative jobs were offered and turned down they can just say they have done all they can and end employment.
Not wanting to take on a bigger role, not wanting to move roles s not on the cards for managers or colleagues. I think COVID has delayed things but all formats will go the same route as express and metro, it's only a matter of when. I don't have inside information, I don't have dates. I only have long term working experience to say that when things role out by trial and then gradually across the formats that it will continue. It might be amended but it will continue.

Mildew

It’s less than a small risk in my shop. I cannot travel as other shops are so far away which has been agreed and we now have three displaced managers in the same situation. There hasn’t been a vacancy instore for over two years and with people clinging to jobs and more displaced managers there won’t be any. Deadlocked.

SpudChucker1970

Having seen a lot of documents, the most at risk managers are Bakery and Services Managers. All done through soft restructure, as soon as a manager in your store leaves then one of the above two will have to move in to a new role to make theirs redundant. Simples.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk