News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 03:52AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,429
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 550
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slungmyhoook

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 28-03-16, 09:03PM
Exactly as I thought, my old TL was spouting  bs about the store manager saying it's confirmed as it came by email. As I told him it's not confirmed and I said we most likely won't  get it.

Loads of staff at my old store are holding out for it. Can't  wait to see their reaction if it's pulled.

Turnaround bonus? Forgive me but surely the turnaround would have to be successful first. So far the place is a complete disaster with very little turnaround achieved. My local store for example is seeing sales continually decline and no matter what plans are being put in place nothing is arresting this. The giraffe cafe went bust and had to be replaced with a new Tesco cafe... they cannot afford to replace staff that have left, and very little is changing in terms of the store improving. I think anyone who thinks they are getting a turnaround needs to wake up and smell the coffee.. (If there is any on the poorly stocked shelves!)

Duracell

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 28-03-16, 09:17PM
That's not including the £250 -£500 million they are looking at for a fine from the SFO.

Either way, it's looks to be an even bigger unlikelihood of getting 5%. Surely with results about two weeks away from being declared they would have an idea.

Dependant of the receptiveness of the company to facilitate an ongoing review, a DPA is a strong possibility, which could/would  mean no financial impact to this years %'s.

What do you think they would do to at least defer £350+ cost.?
Also
With regard to the concept of turnaround, will he sacrafices his bonus to forgo yours?
Improvements is all that is required.
If he can't show better than, what ammounts to fraud, then he is gone. To not pay you your bonus surely means he isn't doing his job?
Also if he don't pay yours, what qualifies him to have his?
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Equalizer87

Has that ever stopped a Tesco CEO in the past???

The reality is he can afford NOT to get his bonus. Is stripping the company to its flesh and bone worth the bragging rights to say we get a bonus and things are looking better? Would he sacrifice his bonus though? I wouldn't think so.

Would they sack him if he fails this year? No. Why? It would only add to uncertainty  over Tesco stock market value, and yes shareholders would be dumping their stocks If  that happens

As for the DPA, there is as much liklihood  of there not being one as there is for one to be accepted. And if it were, it just adds to the 17.5 billion debt the company still carries. Either it has to get accounted and will hit either this year's or next year's finances, so it will hurt when it hits. Another part of the DPA, the payment of the fine has to be agreed by SFO, if they feel it's not good enough for them. They will refuse it.

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything until it happens, but will not be surprised if it all ends badly because of an extreme balancing act the Drastic is trying to perform.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Duracell

Britains number one employer!
Steam rollered to pay fines?
Foriegn company shown for tax avoidance .. ASKED to pay 1/10th of their bill!

I feel an intervention coming on.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Equalizer87

Intervention???

A divine one is needed  ;D ;D
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

T.C.1

As it looks like BHS will go into administration tomorrow with the loss of up to 11,000 staff I wonder if Drastic Dave will be looking at the situation with a very large knife in the grinder ready to chop again??

[admin]BHS[/admin]

just curious

Whats to say the fool might not try and buy the BHS business and put Tosco ito even more debt ?  ??? ??? :-X

Akitaloki2013

The company is fighting against a tide of clueless management....so many department managers promoted to their posts without having a clue how their section operates .graduates taken on who have a degree in "anything" and are given managerial posts in retail without having a clue how retail businesses operate.Tesco is reaping what it has sown over the past few years...most G.A.'s have a better idea of how their sections would run more efficiently...but their opinions are ignored by the blinkered attitude of line managers and ultimately store managers who seem to spend most of their time covering up the deficiencies of the business by making the store "look good " whenever they get a visit from their superiors.I see my store crumbling under the constant tide of incompetence and find it very demoralising to the point I hope they offer me redundancy as I cannot bear going into work and feeling I am spending my day doing pointless routines that in no way affect the way the business operates.

optout

...and you get so demoralized that even when you know of a better way of doing something you no longer say anything because they have never listened in the past so why would they listen now.

Even if/when they ask me for my input these days I just say I have no ideas and play dumb, why should I pull them out of the c**p that they quite gladly and headstrongly got themselves into?

I have been 'there' for a while :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

mexicopete

Totally agree optout almost everything any of us do is to make sure the dept/store achieves the correct coloured tick in a box, to make everything seem as if it is running smoothly, when it is patently obvious to anyone with half a brain that it's anything but. Absolute bloody shambles of a company. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The worlds me lobster

optout

nay67

ONE OF OUR TEAM MANAGERS WAS TOLD THE COMPANY HAD AN ASPERATION FOR THERE JOB ROLE TO BE REMOVED BUT ITS NOT A REDUNDANCY SO THEY TOOK UP A NEW ROLE BEFORE THE JOB WAS REMOVED.
NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT ITS A CHOICE OF TWO OTHER MANGERS TO RUN THAT DEPARTMENT ASWEL AS THERE OWN DEPARTMENT AND IF THE DON,T AGREE IT WILL GO TO CONTRACTUAL DISCIPLINARY.
CAN THEY DO THIS

optout

Before others trample all over you.

Please do not use all capitals as this is often viewed as shouting in the world of netiquette, unless of course you intended to shout. :thumbup:

Winks alot

I'm full time have been for 19years and I heard today that tesco want to get rid of all full time staff
My store is one of the ones that are losing all our night colleges all have been made redundant and with very little shops on board for them

Equalizer87

It's rumour at the moment. But judging on what Tesco have been up to recently, it's looking more and more concrete in my opinion.

penguin

So many rumours of a massive cull of nights and or full time staff in January, and the company wants us all to join in silly Christmas events and do extra hours for the promise of time back in December, someone somewhere is taking the you know what.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

nay67

Please can anyone tell me about any news on the night managers supplement that has been changed today and embargoed until today day too

Davethebave

Managers who are doing overtime on nights to cover hols or whatever will get the same as what a GA would get now

Managers who are contracted nights will still have the same supplement, no changes to it

tracey08

Tesco want every body on flexi contracts and they dont want any full timers in stores any more, so they are starting to get rid of full timers to make way for part timers, by the time the £9.00 anhour comes in there will be no full timers left.

blablabla

Last night the team lead told me I would be investigated for not putting my tea on a tray in the canteen. Sat in office with him for ohh a good 20mins  ;D. Yes too many know that you can get £20/hour for stacking a shelf and the easy aisle at that.  Skilled labourers don't even get that and are out in all weathers and actually need qualifications. Why would you want to do any other work when you thing about it like that. Believe it or not the GAs actually like working in my store as sitting/standing around makes it a long shift. The managers could pitch in more FULL shift and maybe we wouldn't be in this position. To be honest the same amount of work is done in my department regardless if there is 1 or 4.  :-[ :( :thumbdown:

I take it your taking the P... about the canteen? !!

The hooch

Quote from: cheesedoff on 06-10-16, 08:37PM
Tesco want every body on flexi contracts and they dont want any full timers in stores any more, so they are starting to get rid of full timers to make way for part timers, by the time the £9.00 anhour comes in there will be no full timers left.
Stress Co are getting rid of the night teams so they don't have to pay night premiums to make way for the £9 an hour come 2020.

kaled78

we had a couple of people given informal discussions for not using trays in the canteen repeatably,yet when the aircon was being fixed by maintainance they were standing on the tables with their muddy boots and nothing was said!

Duracell

On the Plus side your Air Conditioning was being fixed!!

Duracell.

lucgeo

Oh the spare part finally arrived from Russia/ Nova Scotia/ Poland / Bulgaria (delete as appropriate )  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Duracell

I suspect it had more to do with an account amount due was paid. Allowing the CYCLE to start again.

Duracell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk