News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:55PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 304
Total: 308

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tossgo

Quote from: fatboy on 21-03-20, 09:46PM
Definitely says on ourtesco that there is an annual colleague bonus for 19/20 year which will be paid in 29th May pay packet. Go to ourtesco, our benefits, colleague reward and benefits, and all the details for the bonus can be seen there. This is completely seperate to the extra 10% bonus revealed today.

This is for salaried colleagues in stores only.
Ie (managers)

Adywebb

Colleague Bonus Plan 2019/2020: Eligibility
The following colleagues are eligible for the 2019/20 Colleague Bonus Plan:

WL1 & 2 Salaried Colleagues in stores and CFCs.
WL1 & 2 hourly and salaried All Distribution Colleagues.
WL1 & 2 Office Colleagues (including salaried CEC Colleagues, excluding hourly-paid CEC Colleagues).
Each eligible colleague will also need to have:

A minimum of three months’ service at the end of the 2019/20 financial year (23 February 2020).
Joined Tesco on or before 1 December 2019.
Still employed on the payment date of Friday 29 May 2020.

Rad

Yeah the bonus for hourly paid colleagues in store was exchanged for the 2 year 10% payrise negotiations.

NightAndDay

These 2 bit 2 year pay review con jobs are Dave Lewis's way of distracting you with disingenuous pay rises, showing raises with very optimistic large percentage figures that are only true in very specific scenarios with one hand and taking away your workers rights and staff benefits with the other, not to mention the added shenanigans of delaying when the increases take effect, these 2 year pay reviews actually get delayed more than 12 months for each part of it year on year.

You'd honestly have better hours, more money and generally more competent retail managers outside of food retail, working in other areas of retail such as a phone shop pays better and is less stressful.

manbearpig

Does anyone know if this new 10% increase on worked hours will be eligible for those on flexi contracts too?

madness

yes as long as you are not on a temp contract. it counts for every flexed hour you do.

Very fair of the company in my opinion 110% pay for every hour you do back dated from 9 march (to be paid in may)

or 100% pay if you have to be off. (corona related)
Alot of moaning on this site about the company but would you want to have a job/ or not have anywhere else just now?

polar

What happens to the bonus if your made redundant in may?  8-)

Redshoes

You don't get the bonus if you are on holiday, you don't get it if you are off sick or in isolation so you won't get it if you have been made redundant and are no longer with the company.

lordadmiral

And f****ng managers been braging about bonus to be given to everyone. Now people are p**** off
Its a huge slap in the face (with a brick).

T.C.1

Unfortunately it did say right from the start that 10% bonus will be paid on hours worked but my friend when the furlough tap is turned off Britain will see one of the worse ressasion in living memory!! How c**p it is its my view the quote goes' you havn't seen nothing yet'

heyhodude

Hello! Does anyone know sick pay allowance? I heard from a colleague it’s 6 weeks after 1st year of work for Tosco? I’ve worked over a year, would that mean I’m entitled to 6 weeks?

barafear

if you're referring to "paid sick leave" (rather than statutory sick pay), then you would not be entitled to this unless you've been with Tesco for at least 20 years!!

Unless you're in a job that still offers it (Senior Management?!)

heyhodude

Barafear,
I work night shift, contract. From what I understand I don’t get paid for first 3 days of sickness, but after I do??

[admin]One question, one place. Thank you[/admin].

barafear

Correct - sort of - but only SSP - not your full contracted pay.

So, let's say you're contracted for 35 hours and earn £350 a week.

If you had a week off sick, then you'd get nothing for first three days and then the equiv of about £98 a week

I'm no expert (having not taken sick leave from Tesco) - have you looked on Ourtesco?

NightAndDay

Amount of company sick pay is based on length of service, some reasons are exempt from the 3 day unpaid sickness policy, if I remember correctly you have to have at least 6 months service to qualify for any company sick pay.

heyhodude

Huh, so is it company sick pay or SSP? That’s what is confusing for me!

NightAndDay

It will be company sick pay first and when you run out it goes to SSP.

heyhodude

NightandDay
Thank you for your message. That’s what I thought. I know I haven’t ran out of sick as I’ve never been off on sick. Worked for over a year now, but due to some serious circumstances I’ve had to go off sick for 2 weeks on doctors orders (stress).. I might have to take more.
What I’ve been told by my colleagues is that we start with 6 weeks sick. Can’t access our Tesco info cause my management is abysmal :( and I’m too anxious to ask in case they give me c**p when I get back!

barafear

apologies for the wrong info - as I say, not had to call in sick myself, and being contracted to only a "few" days a week - basically, I'd have to be sick for nearly three weeks before I got anything!!

NightAndDay

If you aren't being paid correctly as according to the policies you'll have 3 months to challenge it, get a copy of the sick pay policy and a copy of your payslip showing you haven't been paid as according to policy, raise it informally with your manager and the payroll team if necessary, if it takes longer than a week and they're clearly delaying or avoiding paying you, go to ACAS to start the process to claim back your money, the last stage it will end up at is a small claims court where most of the time they will pay up.

To add to there is a minimum number of hours you have to work in your contract to be eligible for SSP, but I can't remember the number.

barafear

there is a "sick pay table" on OurTesco

Your access to Ourtesco is nothing to do with your manager - you just need to know your employee number - and then sign up with a password.

If you've only been working for a year, you'll only be entitled to a max of one week contractual sick pay. (two weeks if you've been working between 1-2 years)

Get on Our Tesco and have a look

But not six weeks until you've worked more than 5 years.

heyhodude

Barafear -
I got into ourtesco. Where exactly is this table? Can’t find it! :)

I’ve been paid in full this month, I wonder what it will be next month, I’m back at work (i do 3 nights a week on contract) tonight. However, my doctor did advise more time off! (I appreciate your help on all of this so far everyone)

Company sick pay entitlements (appendix A)
Stores, Customer Engagement Centres (CEC) and Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFC)
For all colleagues up to and including Senior Team & for Band D, E, F-H Store Managers and Work Level 2 Managers:
Period of service
Annual Allowance (Number of Weeks' Pay)
Less than 6 months Nil
6 months but less than 1 year 1 week
1 year but less than 2 years 2 weeks
2 years but less than 3 years 3 weeks
3 years but less than 4 years 4 weeks
4 years but less than 5 years 5 weeks
5 years but less than 6 years 6 weeks
6 years + An additional week for each year of service, up to a maximum of 16 weeks*
* After 6 years’ service, the number of paid days’ sick leave you took in the previous year will be deducted from your new year’s sickness allowance. However, once you’ve built up a six week allowance it becomes your ‘fall back’ position - this means that regardless of the amount of paid sick leave you take in any year you will always be eligible for a minimum of six weeks sick pay each year going forward.
To these six weeks, an additional week is added for each year of service, up to a maximum of 16 weeks’ sick allowance. If you’ve got the maximum allowance and take any time off sick, the 16 weeks reduces by the amount of time taken, and you then qualify in future years for the additional one week each year until you reach the maximum 16 weeks again.
Customer Engagement Centres If you joined before the 29th June 2014 with less than 7 years’ service there’s a temporary protection policy in place to ensure you don’t receive less sickness benefit as you transition from the Office sickness policy to the Stores sickness policy. This protection will be phased out by 29/6/21.
Band A/B/C Store Managers, Express Area Managers and Store Operating Managers have an annual sickness benefit of 26 weeks at full pay.
If you’re on a flexi contract your sickness entitlement is based on your core hours only.
3 day waiting - Stores
If you joined on or after 4th July 2004 you are only eligible to receive Company Sickness Pay after the first 3 days of any period of sickness. However, the 3 day waiting period does not apply to Line Managers, Senior Team Managers or Store Managers.
Waiting days are not pro-rated for part time workers and it’s only actual working days that count towards the ‘waiting period’
3 day waiting â€" Customer Engagement Centres
WL1 colleagues who started on or after 1 July 2009 are subject to a 3 day waiting period.

All policies have been moved to Colleague Help now.

T.C.1

Just wondering if colleagues will get there thankyou vouchers this year and if not it would be very poor show buy Tesco??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk