News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:32PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,121
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Worst SS tills ?

Started by Nomad, 04-05-21, 10:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/shopping/we-compared-aldi-tesco-sainsburys-20509996

QuoteI could only grab at it limply as it fluttered to the floor and joined the others who had been similarly dispersed.

A truly vile machine.

Ranking: 2/5
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

gomezz

Don't have a problem with SS tills.  Don't understand why others do.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Redshoes

I only ever use ss or says tills, can't remember when I last went to a main bank till.

Totot

Lidl new ss are really nice and fast, but small.
Problem with tesco ss at least for what I know, it need maintenance on  scale mechanic, that never been done for years.A proper cleaning and re-greasing those mechanic will help loads of problem.
Software too clutter, with too many useless software update, slower the pc that already slow enough. Some listing keep missing regularly too.

Interface layout really not good, lean too much to artistic design but not good functionality wise.
Like important notification too small, button not straight forward, or dominant enough when it become important, list that already scanned covered with another notification when scale play up etc. To make it worse, they remove anytime payment authorization to after press finish and pay button, not only confuse some people, it led to more people walk off with unpaid shopping after they tap their card and heard it beep. Just because they dont press the pay button.

Spidercatcher

Don't know about anyone else but I really enjoyed reading that piece about the SS checkouts, it actually made me laugh - especially this bit about the ones at Aldi ... straight after they'd been to Tesco

In a welcome break from the rest of the day, the machine was also very chilled out and didn't once make me feel like a piece of s***.    :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk