News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:18PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 286
Total: 288

No Self-Isolation

Started by Smeebob, 03-04-20, 10:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfashionedplayer

same time, they aren't closing anything, just told to keep going... we been told unless track and trace contact us instore we are to continue working.  the 3 were same day, the 11 were through the week.

Nomad

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/covid-case-confirmed-second-tesco-18736685

QuoteThe supermarket giant today (Friday) confirmed that a worker at the store at Cannon Park shopping centre has Covid-19 and the store is following the advice of Public Health authorities.

The news comes just days after Tesco stated that nine staff members at its Arena Park store in Coventry also had the virus.

Not 2-3, nine  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/tesco/swindon-tesco-extra-hit-by-coronavirus-outbreak-among-staff/647278.article
QuoteStaff testing positive or showing symptoms would immediately follow government guidelines on self-isolation and would be paid in full from day one of absence, it said.

Even an extra is a relatively small and close knit environment,  Tesco and government are playing at Covid-19 control if they do not close any store effected/infected in this manner.

Store may have on a daily basis as many staff & people as a small cruise ship, and they are all at berth or anchored at sea, why.

You can't beat a bit of consistency  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/worried-tesco-customer-demands-answers-4421165

QuoteWorried Tesco customer: 'Why won't they tell me if I was shopping when Covid-positive employee was working in Stoke-on-Trent store?'

Reasonable  request by customer, or not  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

Maybe all shops should be made to ask for customers contact details, so if a worker or fellow shopper is later found to have coronavirus anyone who may have come into contact with them can be informed, I know people will say that is what track and trace is for but that seems to go from one problem to another given what we see and read in the press.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Welshie

In a store the size of Tesco,  even an Express,  what are the chances that you have spent 15mins within 2 metre of an infected staff member . Yes there is a very slim chance that an infected staff member could have coughed or sneezed on an item you've touched . But no I dont think the customer has the right to know  and covid laws dont override data protection laws about when staff are working .

NightAndDay

Fast food places and Dine in restaurants have traceing systems in place to note when a customer has entered and left the establishment, they could use club card transaction information and cross reference with the staff members rota or clocking in information to find this out. It is a reasonable customer request and could be easily found out.

Nomad

The customer is not requesting the employee's gender, name, address, height, weight, eye colour, hair colour or start-finish time.

"Was I in store when they were at work ?" not unreasonable in my opinion and a fact very easily discovered by office staff.

We all know why no company will advertise the number of Covid cases among staff in store in the last month, profit  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

I have to agree with Noamd here, it is not unreasonable for a customer to give the time and date and ask if the staff member was on duty at the time, if it was down to me any shop, supermarket, pub, cafe etc would be required to inform anyone who may have been on the premises at the same time as a in infected person as soon as possible.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

grim up north

What about the other way around? If a customer tests positive can ALL the staff isolate?

gomezz

"can" ?  You make it sound like an opportunity for staff to bunk off.   ???
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

notsofunny

If you work in a store that has staff that have 15 minutes to spend with a Customer that would be amazing , as to what anyone has touched stock that could have had the virus , how can anyone be sure with anything ,just treat everything as having been touched , your more likely to get the Virus on a bus or Train than by walking around a Shop so if people are expecting including customers to get information as to if someone came near them then that had the Virus they should be more concerned about leaving the house or at least no stopping to have a chat, More reason I would say to put on a mask than not and follow rules for our own safety , as to everyone that works in a store that has had someone that has the Virus getting to be told to isolate ,, It never happened during the peak time for the Virus so don't expect it to happen now ,

Nomad

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/people/tesco-responds-reports-eastbourne-staff-member-has-covid-19-2946838

QuoteInstead, a Tesco spokesperson said, “The safety of our customers and colleagues is our top priority.

“We have introduced extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular deep cleaning.”

Is "a Tesco spokesperson said" an alternative name for "answer machine", with a recorded message. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk