News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

09-05-24, 08:35AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,485
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 240
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 195
Total: 200

What changes will January bring

Started by newdawnrising, 08-01-24, 01:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPoo

I'd say PI would have a bit of an overhaul. There's so little work most of the time that all ours do is fill all night! One of the girls last week only spent 1 hour out of her 22 hours actually on PI. But the workload doesn't seem to be consistent. Other weeks they can have too much!

SAMCRO

PI getting an overhaul you are having a laugh. Until they cough up the money to install electronic stripping PI will always be a pain and require loads of hours.

I work in a large superstore, a typical Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning we are dealing with 3000+ labels. Total contracted hours for colleagues with PI as their primary is 44hrs - the workload has to be picked up by those who have PI as their secondary department. It is ridiculous.

Changing Grocery Promo change was a big mistake, it now coincides with Fresh and H&B. Genius planning from Head Office again.

King1999

Quote from: SAMCRO on 27-01-24, 08:45AMPI getting an overhaul you are having a laugh. Until they cough up the money to install electronic stripping PI will always be a pain and require loads of hours.

I work in a large superstore, a typical Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning we are dealing with 3000+ labels. Total contracted hours for colleagues with PI as their primary is 44hrs - the workload has to be picked up by those who have PI as their secondary department. It is ridiculous.

Changing Grocery Promo change was a big mistake, it now coincides with Fresh and H&B. Genius planning from Head Office again.
Normally stock control what's left of us,and stock controls roll seems to be growing again.Head office haven't got a clue,teamed with s*** managers who think everything takes 5 minutes.

1982dave

My store is screaming out for stock control merchandise staff but no one is intrested the couple of staff who are in are left with a mountain to climb with label changes etc etc one of the girls said they normally do a average of 3-4 k per change

Mr Brightside 24

We have 1 full-time and 2 part-time which totals around 70 hours contract to PI, unfortunately we need 35 of those for the Tues/Weds, then 3/4 dead shifts

Seymee

Apparently non food are losing their line manager. It will be absorbed into Dry Grocery with one manager over looking the whole section and the F&F shift leader taking on non food as well.

keef1894

Quote from: kaled78 on 26-01-24, 05:15PMspoke to an ex senior team,earlier today,he seems to think with the expansion of self serve and removal of checkouts the remaining stores with checkout shift leaders will be losing them this year and they will just use Ga,s on off till activity,he very much doubts they be offered redundancy though,just protected pay for a while with no payrises as they like to do thesedays
I'll guess you havent had any checkouts removed and so on. Why are you scaremongering when you dont know of it's true or not. My store has had checkouts removed and theres still team support.

Sherwoodforest

@seymee think that would suit ours,he wanted to go in last cull,but if they do surely its a points system again!!
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

kaled78

@keef1894 im not scaremongering,just passing on what an ex senior team member thinks,sorry if you feel that way,just because your store still has the roles at the moment,does not gaurantee their safety with Tesco the way it is these days sadly,our store had a team leader appointed 2 weeks before they announced they were axing the roles a few years back

JJH

Quote from: kaled78 on 28-01-24, 08:54PM@keef1894 im not scaremongering,just passing on what an ex senior team member thinks,sorry if you feel that way,just because your store still has the roles at the moment,does not gaurantee their safety with Tesco the way it is these days sadly,our store had a team leader appointed 2 weeks before they announced they were axing the roles a few years back
What you're doing is precisely scaremongering!

Your claims are baseless, just going what a former senior manager THINK!

Neetworker

I'm praying they get rid of nights! I would snap there hand off for some redundo! But personally I don't think there will be any major changes just minor if any at all this year

Davethebave

I wouldn't be surprised if they stripped more management out and added more shift leaders with increased responsibility, ie shift leaders responsible for a team doing their hols, training, absence etc. Remaining managers to take on a more "lead" role, actually looking at business performance, p&l etc

Business took a decent bit of money this year even with a reduced management headcount. Can they strip more out to increase profit again?

Cocktail

Quote from: Neetworker on 29-01-24, 07:51AMI'm praying they get rid of nights! I would snap there hand off for some redundo! But personally I don't think there will be any major changes just minor if any at all this year
if your store have a dotcom don't hold your breath on nights going, they got rid of nights in some stores with a dotcom it it ruined the availability and if you ever worked in a dotcom store then you'll know the availability supersedes everything..if it fall below 97% the store managers panicked.

fatlad

Our store stopped nights over a year ago & the dotcom availability is still over 97% every day

Biscuits

Our store is the same. Nights went a few years ago. It's hard picking on dotcom while produce snd chill are being filled, but our availability is above target nearly every day. Having dotcom will not save your nightshift from going.

Happyguy

The last couple of posts are encouraging for those night workers who would  like redundancy. If dotcom availability can be maintained without nights I take that as a compliment to the operation on days.

In other news, how many people on here have "escaped" Tesco via leaving or redundancy only to return some time later? There's been six in my store and all of them left swearing they would never come back only to reappear a few months later. There also the loudest complainers about how things are which I find ironic.

JJH

Quote from: Happyguy on 29-01-24, 01:23PMIn other news, how many people on here have "escaped" Tesco via leaving or redundancy only to return some time later? There's been six in my store and all of them left swearing they would never come back only to reappear a few months later. They're also the loudest complainers about how things are which I find ironic.
Someone needs to have a word with the person who rehired them! Few colleagues at our store who wouldn't have a hope in hell of being rehired and we'd be glad to see the back of!

Neetworker

Quote from: Biscuits on 29-01-24, 01:05PMOur store is the same. Nights went a few years ago. It's hard picking on dotcom while produce snd chill are being filled, but our availability is above target nearly every day. Having dotcom will not save your nightshift from going.
Yeah our store struggles with even a little bit of back stock through out the day but then I suppose there would be more body's around to help with that if it went to a day fill guess only time will tell

Misery

Quote from: MaterialGirl on 26-01-24, 07:39PMYes I've heard the whispers about Team Support being at risk.

Bakers have been on borrowed time for a while.

I heard rumours a while back Admins in large stores will be losing hours with wage clerks taking on more of the admin roles like recruitment.

Stock Control appears to be getting gutted but the work load has increased. Most stores are averaging over 1000 counts daily at present on top of usual routines and this will be a four monthy thing from now on.. so where are the staff they need?

Good luck everyone. The anxiety the company causes us all at the time of year is never a good thing.
Any more news about team support?

fatlad

There's no news about anything yet, only speculation. Best to wait for official announcements rather than ask for individual opinions on here

chris9997

So what happens to people who are on holiday or off sick and there job is redundant do you get informed whilst off?

BobbyDazler

Quote from: Misery on 30-01-24, 12:10AM
Quote from: MaterialGirl on 26-01-24, 07:39PMYes I've heard the whispers about Team Support being at risk.

Bakers have been on borrowed time for a while.

I heard rumours a while back Admins in large stores will be losing hours with wage clerks taking on more of the admin roles like recruitment.

Stock Control appears to be getting gutted but the work load has increased. Most stores are averaging over 1000 counts daily at present on top of usual routines and this will be a four monthy thing from now on.. so where are the staff they need?

Good luck everyone. The anxiety the company causes us all at the time of year is never a good thing.
Any more news about team support?
I remember there being talk a while back in our store that main bank tills would shut at 6pm leaving only self serve open so no need for a team support past 6pm anymore as only runners would be needed as off till activity

BobbyDazler

Quote from: SAMCRO on 27-01-24, 08:45AMPI getting an overhaul you are having a laugh. Until they cough up the money to install electronic stripping PI will always be a pain and require loads of hours.

totally

I always laugh when people suggest PI will be culled... so who is going to change the 3000 labels that come down mid week if they aren't there....

chris9997

Pi in some stores have pretty much disappeared to nights and the pi job going to who ever the team manager decides,
My money would be on maybe slimming down team managers hours as all they do now is admin which can be done be a ga.

oldfashionedplayer

We had 3 pi over nights, 1 retired 1 left, 1 still does it but will soon retire, so far the rest of the pi falls to night manager and team support to complete rather than getting any more, so I think it's on of those they just offload onto elsewhere and possibly are looking at? Least as a starter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk