News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 08:05PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 468
Total: 470

10% bonus for Coronavirus

Started by MonkeH, 30-03-20, 01:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

I don't understand why people are being made redundant because of the Coronavirus when the governments aid for furloughed employees essentially mitigates their labour costs. If anything, in some cases making them redundant would probably be more expensive.

Baker4life

Maybe its about time senior management team also got streamlined as some like to out it. Come on do we really need a store manager and a deputy manager especially in superstores. The amount you would save having the store/deputy looking after 2/3 stores if distance is viable would be massive compared to culling the skilled bakers.

helpme

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 31-03-20, 07:30PM
I know, it's crazy isn't it. Personally I wouldn't have offered us a bonus just for doing our jobs but if the senior execs want to who am I to stop them.

You, me, and the other hundreds of thousands of Tesco workers are some of the luckiest folk in the UK workforce. We really do work for one of the best companies out there.

Hopefully after this dreadful crisis is defeated Tesco will continue to march on. Especially if we all crack on and do our bit to help.

I want my Tesco back and it looks like it's going to happen.

#proudmanager
The opinion of a managerial sycophant!

lordadmiral

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 31-03-20, 07:30PM
I know, it's crazy isn't it. Personally I wouldn't have offered us a bonus just for doing our jobs but if the senior execs want to who am I to stop them.

You, me, and the other hundreds of thousands of Tesco workers are some of the luckiest folk in the UK workforce. We really do work for one of the best companies out there.

Hopefully after this dreadful crisis is defeated Tesco will continue to march on. Especially if we all crack on and do our bit to help.

I want my Tesco back and it looks like it's going to happen.

#proudmanager

Tesco is on its knees. Bonus is given to bribe workers to come to work. No work force no sale, profit etc.....Tesco used to be great and now its just dump. Every retailer makes profits now but later we see where we stand.

Nowanexmgr

Tesco is one of the worlds premier retailers. Number one in one of the world's most competitive retail markets.

Lead by a team of professional, able executives, able to think on their feet and react to moments in history like no other uk retailer.

Management in store is largely laser-focused on excellence and standards of delivery. Albeit there are the few weaker managers who try to be your mate but this leads to confusion and lack of consistency. Example would be rota planning holiday planning where some are scared of saying No.

We are a disciplined force. Managers manage, staff do as directed by their managers. Our best stores are a slick, seamless operation. Customers come in, staff fill shelves and serve on tills, managers plan and direct operations.

We are an example to other , weaker retailers. Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

lucgeo

"Staff fill shelves and serve on tills"  8-)

You've completely ignored the input from half of the workforce required to operate this utopia of yours  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Pimpernel19

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 31-03-20, 02:30AM
Only on here could a 10% bonus payment be criticised.

Quick lesson for you all. Tesco has no legal or moral obligation to give you or I any extra recompense during this time. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

They are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts and we should be very grateful to them. I for one will be organising a full on, no holds barred, full department, super Sunday when this crisis is over and we will be minting my department as a thank you to Tesco for their fantastic leadership and decency throughout this whole situation.

If you don't like it, take it and donate it to a charity.

Or get a job elsewhere.

By the same token nowhere does it say in my contract, or am I obligated to put my life at risk during a pandemic, we are shop workers not emergency workers. For me, Twatco can retract their offer of 10% and just offer me the option to take unpaid time out from work to protect myself and my family with out recriminations. If such an option exists its not being put on the table at my store. There has never been a deal of honesty from this companies management and I see nothing at present to make me change my mind. When you air your concerns with management nobody is interested, nobody cares, if anything you get mildly threatening comments. Being given personal protective equipment would be a nice show of concern for us but we've been given next to nothing. 10% bonus for risking having your lungs filled with your own fluids and dying in agony when the company is making billions is scandalous.

Morris999

Well if you send an email to recognitionbonus2020@tesco.com with your full name and employee number by 6th April then you won’t get the bonus, also all you need to do is ask for a lifestyle break.

The same goes for anyone else moaning about the 10% bonus, now let’s see how many colleagues actually send the email saying they don’t want it.

Nowanexmgr

Tesco are following govt advice and remaining open. Are you suggesting we close the food shops down ?

If you get ill, follow company procedure. Until you do, go to work and do your damndest to work hard for your employer. If you dont like the idea of working hard you can always leave and get a job elsewhere.

Wearing this uniform is a privilege for which you are very well recompensed. If the govt says not to go to work you can stay at home. Until then you go to work and work your socks off for our customers and your manager.

And if you dont want the bonus for yourself there is nothing to stop you donating your portion to a worthwhile cause.

Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

NightAndDay

Wouldn't exactly say well recompensed, at least no more than the other big four competitors and discounters. The 10% bonus seems to be standard fare across the big four at the minute.

Mark calloway

Quote from: Pimpernel19 on 01-04-20, 01:45PM
Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 31-03-20, 02:30AM
Only on here could a 10% bonus payment be criticised.

Quick lesson for you all. Tesco has no legal or moral obligation to give you or I any extra recompense during this time. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

They are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts and we should be very grateful to them. I for one will be organising a full on, no holds barred, full department, super Sunday when this crisis is over and we will be minting my department as a thank you to Tesco for their fantastic leadership and decency throughout this whole situation.

If you don't like it, take it and donate it to a charity.

Or get a job elsewhere.

By the same token nowhere does it say in my contract, or am I obligated to put my life at risk during a pandemic, we are shop workers not emergency workers. For me, Twatco can retract their offer of 10% and just offer me the option to take unpaid time out from work to protect myself and my family with out recriminations. If such an option exists its not being put on the table at my store. There has never been a deal of honesty from this companies management and I see nothing at present to make me change my mind. When you air your concerns with management nobody is interested, nobody cares, if anything you get mildly threatening comments. Being given personal protective equipment would be a nice show of concern for us but we've been given next to nothing. 10% bonus for risking having your lungs filled with your own fluids and dying in agony when the company is making billions is scandalous.
you can always resign. There's plenty people who will happily take your place

Nomad

I don't think the government have advised Tesco or any other supermarkets to remain open, they have merely told them that they can and of course they knew that that is exactly what they would do.

Fewer MM hiding in offices and Costa Coffee and instead lending a helping hand on the shop floor etc may encourage others.

"Wearing this uniform is a privilege for which you are very well recompensed.;D

Considering the millions the company earmarks for publicity per annum and VLH is supported by individuals I'm not sure it's fair nor necessary for the company to have a mouthpiece or two on VLH.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

renown

Does 28p per hour above the National Minimum Wage count as well recompensed ?
I think not.

taliahad

Nowanexmanager, I'm so glad that you're not my manager.  I really am very, very glad that you're not my manager. 

Scruff

M&S giving their staff 15% and Asda giving their staff an extra weeks wages

Nowanexmgr

Quote from: Nomad on 01-04-20, 04:59PM
I don't think the government have advised Tesco or any other supermarkets to remain open, they have merely told them that they can and of course they knew that that is exactly what they would do.

Fewer MM hiding in offices and Costa Coffee and instead lending a helping hand on the shop floor etc may encourage others.

"Wearing this uniform is a privilege for which you are very well recompensed.;D

Considering the millions the company earmarks for publicity per annum and VLH is supported by individuals I'm not sure it's fair nor necessary for the company to have a mouthpiece or two on VLH.

Re: your first sentence.. if you were a Tesco exec what would YOU do? Would you stay open, providing a service to tens of millions of people or would you close down, leaving your staff with no income?

I'm nobody's mouthpiece, I'm just a simple soul who takes enormous pride in my company. Now more than ever.
Everyone has pulled together hugely the last few weeks. I've barely had to speak to any staff about slacking, money has been rolling in making us profit which keeps us all in work and to top it off the guys at the top have gifted us a bonus that they didn't have to.

I love this company. Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

Nowanexmgr

Quote from: Scruff on 01-04-20, 05:35PM
M&S giving their staff 15% and Asda giving their staff an extra weeks wages

Asda also gave their staff that lovely new contract recently. Would you want to swap employer?

Nowanexmgr

Quote from: renown on 01-04-20, 05:03PM
I think not.

For the job our staff do I'd say it's a great wage. Anyone is free to get a better paid job elsewhere, nobody is forced at gunpoint to work for me.

Nowanexmgr

Quote from: taliahad on 01-04-20, 05:34PM
Nowanexmanager, I'm so glad that you're not my manager.  I really am very, very glad that you're not my manager.

Why? My staff love having me as their boss. They get clear direction, consistent approach, and they're recognised as being the best dept in the store for standards - uniform, appearance, absence etc.

renown

Thank the lord you are not made of chocolate
If you were you would probably eat yourself .

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 01-04-20, 06:09PM
Quote from: taliahad on 01-04-20, 05:34PM

Why? My staff love having me as their boss. They get clear direction, consistent approach, and they're recognised as being the best dept in the store for standards - uniform, appearance, absence etc.

This here is a man who knows what he's worth, been knighted by Dave Lewis as saviour of the company and is recompensed as such. He's had many the ... shall we say "challlenging conversations" with his cas about work ethic and fellow managers about their shortcomings. To Tesco he is their sun god.

King1999

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 01-04-20, 01:16PM
Tesco is one of the worlds premier retailers. Number one in one of the world's most competitive retail markets.

Lead by a team of professional, able executives, able to think on their feet and react to moments in history like no other uk retailer.

Management in store is largely laser-focused on excellence and standards of delivery. Albeit there are the few weaker managers who try to be your mate but this leads to confusion and lack of consistency. Example would be rota planning holiday planning where some are scared of saying No.

We are a disciplined force. Managers manage, staff do as directed by their managers. Our best stores are a slick, seamless operation. Customers come in, staff fill shelves and serve on tills, managers plan and direct operations.

We are an example to other , weaker retailers. Tesco are back.

#proudmanager

You really are on some kind of medication......totally full of s***.

Baker4life

Rise Sir Nowanexmanager. And at the annual Tesco awards the award for best actor and for the best I love myself award goes to........drum roll please.....Nowanexmanager. Congratulations. Oh sorry I forgot you also got the award for the most delusional human being on planet earth

King1999

sometimes you can't find a word harsh enough to describe somebody.........👍

madness

Quote from: renown on 01-04-20, 05:03PM
I think not.

What line of work should be paid at minimum wage then and what do you think tesco staff should be paid?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk