News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

13-05-24, 08:57AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,508
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 483
Total: 483

New structure change.

Started by Vinny1985, 13-01-22, 03:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordadmiral

Our Superstore, without .com and on 700+k sale/week is loosing BWS(again).

HalloweenJack

Salaried Team Support? When that happening? Can see checkout team support having a hissy s*** fit over that

NightAndDay

Salaried Express Shift Leaders on £21k a year won't work if the intent is to curtail their earnings through not paying overtime, currently a express shift leader in a moderately busy express store can earn £24k a year through overtime and premiums, heck keeping their salary at £21k means a ca who does a bit of overtime will out earn them. You won't have anyone becoming an Express Shift Leader if they can easily earn more as a ca.

Tesc0Wow

Can anyone confirm where they've heard this change to salaried shift leaders? I'm a Shift Lead in large superstore and I've not heard anything... personally I think that's bad because I regularly do overtime and have to stay late sometimes, the pay for the role isnt the best in my opinion considering the responsibility as it is as it's such a heavy role in large stores, especially when I'm expected to run the shop with 30 staff in for 6+hrs on my own.

Duff McKagan

Once again my store has escaped the Night Shift cull....I've no idea how we keep slipping through, we're not a large store by any means, we don't take that much money although we do have dot com. Several of us are quite disappointed we haven't been selected, many of us are long serving staff who'd take a decent amount in redundancy should we get it. I don't wish job losses on anyone of course and I'm sure there are many upset staff at the moment and I sympathise but in our case it would be a relief to get out with something to show for all our years of work. It would give us a nice cushion so we wouldn't have to rush out and get any old job we could find and for some it may even speed up their retirement plans. It's a sad state of affairs when people are actually disappointed they're not losing their jobs...a reflection of just how bad our store is.

whatajoke2019

Was vaguely aware of the potential removal of CDs/DVDs in stores (from what little I've seen on Yammer) but apart from DVDs we lost CDs a number of years ago now.

I completely missed the part where they'd announced the closure of hot deli in certain stores too... found out this morning we're losing ours. Feel very bad for my colleagues on there because they've put up with some right s**t the past couple of years.

Doesn't come as too much of a surprise as they changed the hours it opened from so they lost out on a lot of the early morning rush we used to get.

lucgeo

Out of all the depts, the deli and counters have been shafted the most! The part time trading, led to those who didn't have long service so redundancy wasn't an option,  taking a drop in hours with the cushion payment.
For those who did have long service but didn't take the redundancy, now face less redundancy payout, due to less hour contracts, so the cushion payment received only a few years back, which dropped with pay rise etc..now probably is less than the redundancy package they would have received back then  ??? So lose, lose!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

spike_pkh

Deli staff aren't being offered redundancy

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: NightAndDay on 03-02-22, 08:28AM
Salaried Express Shift Leaders on £21k a year won't work if the intent is to curtail their earnings through not paying overtime, currently a express shift leader in a moderately busy express store can earn £24k a year through overtime and premiums, heck keeping their salary at £21k means a ca who does a bit of overtime will out earn them. You won't have anyone becoming an Express Shift Leader if they can easily earn more as a ca.

Best job is night fill in large format you can spend all night between 1/2 aisles and that is it with the odd team fill and call to the office for a sit down. Forget to wear you name badge...check the time on your phone... go to the toilet... then they might be daft enough to ask why the works not finished. As there is always sickness, holiday and not many want to do overtime there is always plenty for those who do.

NightAndDay

Nights in superstore as a ca is a cushty gig, heard otherwise as a TM. Nights in an Express fuel site  was rubbish when I was there, 1 on 1, take in £30-£40k in a 9 hour shift, no self serves or pay at pump, and had to work grocery, backstock, price integrity, frozen, h+b, bws, hard lines, household, fill promo ends, newspaper returns, fill cigarettes, S&L logbook, costa machine, newspapers and inserts and rumble,  that is a role worthy of £30k a year don't care what anyone says.

lucgeo

Quote from: spike_pkh on 03-02-22, 01:05PM
Deli staff aren't being offered redundancy

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 03-02-22, 10:00AM

I completely missed the part where they'd announced the closure of hot deli in certain stores too... found out this morning we're losing ours. Feel very bad for my colleagues on there because they've put up with some right s**t the past couple of years.

Doesn't come as too much of a surprise as they changed the hours it opened from so they lost out on a lot of the early morning rush we used to get.

??? ???

Nowanexmgr

Quote from: madness on 31-01-22, 02:56PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 31-01-22, 11:08AM
Quote from: madness on 30-01-22, 04:35PM
I would say your more experienced managers need to be the Dot com, stock/admin and fresh manager.

The grocery gm and checkouts can be less experienced as yes can be more numbers than the fresh or stock but it is a far less technical job.

The point I was trying to make is that a blanket salary for all TM's wouldn't work as the demands are different store to store, a lot of feathers would be ruffled for example if a dot com extra TM was paid the same as a low taking ss fresh tm. As well as the differences in capability TM from TM.

There's a reason the lowest salaried TM is about 22.5k and their earning potential is circa 55k a year. Disparities like that are there for a reason.

surely you mean 22.5k-35k not 55k. There are not TMs on 55k.

I'm on very close to that. Last year with Sundays I pulled in over 60k.

BUY TESLA STOCK

60k away you go you couldn't pull your ****

spike_pkh

Hot  deli staff are being moved to other roles, no redundancy

lucgeo

@Nowanexmanager  :-X

Why  ??? what's the point of all this peacock strutting stuff  ???

You're taking pleasure in others misfortune AGAIN! Posting about how well you're doing and how much you earn...how they couldn't replace you blah...blah...blah!

If there's anything the last 20 months should have taught us, is that non of us are invincible! Somehow, all the achievements seem pretty pointless when out of the blue, family members and loved ones are suddenly gone!!

These colleagues are losing their security, jobs, hours, at the worst of Financial Times in decades, whilst you feel the need to do a Boris, and smirk!!  :(

Redshoes

Who has said no overtime for salaried shift leads.
Managers are salaried and are paid overtime. Managers don't clock but they have to request overtime payments or premium payments for Sundays and nights.

whatajoke2019

Will affected counters colleagues be offered roles in the same store out of interest? Or is it anywhere that has a vacancy?

Just wondering because, to the best of knowledge, not one department in our store has any at all.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Redshoes on 04-02-22, 07:07AM

Who has said no overtime for salaried shift leads.
Managers are salaried and are paid overtime. Managers don't clock but they have to request overtime payments or premium payments for Sundays and nights.

Nobody has, however the common precedent set by industry standards is that salaried positions as opposed to hourly positions is to have a fixed rate of pay regardless of how many hours you do but it tends to work both ways which means overtime is expected and likewise early finishes are to.

Saying this though I know it's not always the case, my on-call payments and overtime does considerably boost my salary, however there are plenty of jobs out there where salary equates to no overtime payments (Aldi manager positions being one of them.)

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 03-02-22, 09:20PM
Quote from: madness on 31-01-22, 02:56PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 31-01-22, 11:08AM
Quote from: madness on 30-01-22, 04:35PM
I would say your more experienced managers need to be the Dot com, stock/admin and fresh manager.

The grocery gm and checkouts can be less experienced as yes can be more numbers than the fresh or stock but it is a far less technical job.

The point I was trying to make is that a blanket salary for all TM's wouldn't work as the demands are different store to store, a lot of feathers would be ruffled for example if a dot com extra TM was paid the same as a low taking ss fresh tm. As well as the differences in capability TM from TM.

There's a reason the lowest salaried TM is about 22.5k and their earning potential is circa 55k a year. Disparities like that are there for a reason.

surely you mean 22.5k-35k not 55k. There are not TMs on 55k.

I'm on very close to that. Last year with Sundays I pulled in over 60k.

Your mateyboy days are numbered then if they decide to make all TMs on the same salary.

To be fair to you though I don't see it happening, the demands of the role shop to shop and department to department are too different to justify paying all TMs the same amount.

Couldntpossiblysay

Quote from: lucgeo on 01-02-22, 05:06PM
They want day fills, so there's feet on floor to cover checkout calls! The whole point of going to night fills, was because customers complained the aisles were blocked with cages and they couldn't get to the stock!

Give it six months, when they've got rid of the old full timers on the old contracts, they'll go back to twilight then nights again, but with closed stores. The workforce will be on flexible contracts, buffered by temps for busy periods, all on basic wage!

I think the bosses are fully aware they won't be able to fill stores on twilight and will leave it 6 to 8 months then say they made a mistake then reinstate the night shift with two p time managers and a team leader at much reduced rates. They are in for a big shock when they try to recruit staff for that.

fatlad

I think they are struggling to recruit any position at the moment. I work in dotcom. We are seriously struggling with a lack of drivers at the mo, 10 driving vacancies have been advertised & we managed to fill 2 positions!! But still they think it's ok to pay us peanuts when all the other supermarkets are increasing wages. We've lost 3 drivers lately who have gone to drive for a Sainsburys around the corner. From Feb they will be earning £1.27 p/h more than they were getting at Tesco, that's £185 a month on full time contract.

Cjse2015

I work nights in large Extra store with Dot com.
We seem to have avoided the latest cull and we know this as our managers comment was you know as much as I do !!! .
Just once I would like Tesco to treat their staff with some dignity,we aren't stupid we just want to be told what the plan is.  Those people who are affected then have a choice stick around and see what's offered, get proper advice on our rights and entitlements and the stay or leave .
Now the rest of us who have survived the latest Hunger games are waiting for the axe to fall on us . Usdaw for God's sake get in touch with your members give them the tools to see what they are entitled to and questions they need to ask at interviews.

BUY TESLA STOCK

All night workers seem to be on borrowed time.

StinkyPoo

I'm also in an extra with dot com, no news for us night crew yet! A lot of us long timers just want them to get it over and done with so we can take the money and run. Our store is dead after 8pm, no idea why we stay open until midnight. Can't ever see us opening 24 hours again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk