News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:34PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 315
Total: 319

Re: Tosco Shares - Buy or Sell?

Started by Fair play, 18-10-19, 03:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Was the 51p a share divendend payment made up or is it being paid after the sale of a business, I thought Tesco already sold off its asia business back in March?

grim up north

Quote from: gomezz on 28-11-20, 02:12PM
All of them these days in this online connected world.

Ok gomezz, how has today's (sat 28/11/20) share price changed from yesterday since financial institutions are 24/7?

lordadmiral

Quote from: NightAndDay on 28-11-20, 03:05PM
Was the 51p a share dividend payment made up or is it being paid after the sale of a business, I thought Tesco already sold off its asia business back in March?

Last month sale been given green light.  We must wait for dividend, would be paid next year.

notsofunny

You should have got your second dividend by today.  No idea when they will pay out the special, but would think it won't be before the new year.

NightAndDay

Anyone have any ideas on when the sale will actually happen next year?

Fair play

I did ring the helpline and they said Tesco aren’t revealing any information at the moment , just that a special dividend will be paid next year 🙈

dotnochance

im confused who gets this?, i know shareholders, but does save as you ern benefit for this? or just my normal shares

notsofunny

Only those that hold shares ,

Welshie

Quote from: dotnochance on 10-12-20, 12:27AM
im confused who gets this?, i know shareholders, but does save as you ern benefit for this? or just my normal shares

No Saye is only a share option . You don't actually own any shares until you give your instruction at the end of the 3yr/5yr period

Compromiseman

There is a SAYE option maturing on Feb 1st 2021. If the shares are purchased immediately (e.g. owned on Feb 2nd 2021)....will these qualify? or has the date already been set for ownership?

notsofunny

my understanding is that the cut off date has already gone for normal divi payments  ,, But it would be wise for you to find out from Tesco them self since the payment of the special is going to around 50p per share , and the pay out will be voted on at meeting in Feb 2021,

Not wanting to confuse you  or anyone but you would also need to see if the share price at the moment has factored in the special dividend , sometimes the share price goes up with everyone already knowing that a set amount of the value of the dividend  is going to be say 50p , so after the dividend is paid out the price falls slightly to make up for the pay out.

In the case of SAYE you also need to see what the price per share was set at, it should have been lower than the price it was trading at the open of the saye  What is the buying price for the shares you got given 3 years or 5 years ago ? it should show on the letter you got at the start of the SAYE .

Another thing to facture in is the dealing price, and if you expect to hold onto the shares long term.

I have had 5 special Dividend pay outs from other shares and each time the share value dropped after the pay out or cut off date to reflect the pay out I got.

Compromiseman

notsofunny

At that price I would buy them , even if the special is included you still come out ahead and like I said before banks are not paying you to keep your money with them and the Normal divi is above 4%  , and the lowest the Tesco share price has been in the last 3 years is I think about 180p so unless we have a major share crash  you come out wining ,

Wilted20

On yesterday’s shareholder email about share consolidation, this line struck me “This is required so that, as far as possible, the Company can maintain its current share price. If the shares were not consolidated, as the Company no longer owns its Thai and Malaysian businesses and is expected shortly to pay the special dividend, the value of the Company’s shares would likely decrease”

In the FAQ “It is anticipated that the total of the amount of Special Dividend paid to you plus the total value of your New Ordinary Shares shall be equal to approximately the total value of your Existing Ordinary Shares.”

On the face of it, I took this to mean that the special dividend is only being used to bridge the gap between the value of your existing shareholding and the new shareholding (after consolidation) - so is it a bonus at all?

Wilted20

As the special dividend payment is reliant on shareholder approval for consolidation, what would happen to the circa £5bn if shareholder approval is not given?

Link: http://www.tescoplc.com/GM2021

Rad

Quote from: Wilted20 on 27-01-21, 09:42AM
On yesterday’s shareholder email about share consolidation, this line struck me “This is required so that, as far as possible, the Company can maintain its current share price. If the shares were not consolidated, as the Company no longer owns its Thai and Malaysian businesses and is expected shortly to pay the special dividend, the value of the Company’s shares would likely decrease”

In the FAQ “It is anticipated that the total of the amount of Special Dividend paid to you plus the total value of your New Ordinary Shares shall be equal to approximately the total value of your Existing Ordinary Shares.”

On the face of it, I took this to mean that the special dividend is only being used to bridge the gap between the value of your existing shareholding and the new shareholding (after consolidation) - so is it a bonus at all?

No and its what I alluded to earlier in the thread, months ago, before being shot down
I'm struggling to see the benefit,  unless like I initially said, you are willing to have the shares for a very long time, take the dividends and hope they increase in value over the years.

We got so much bad press over this as well.  Maybe its a worst case scenario that there is no gain for any shareholder and the market reacts positively so we can at least make a small gain.

Alvor the grear

I sat and worked out what the dividend payout to me would be (50.93p per share) and balanced out against the share loss 15/19 and I work it out that I'm 26£ worse off. So they are giving you the dividend in one hand but then diluting your share holding. Seems a bit pointless as said above where is the benefit?

arlo

So much for the special dividend  ???

BUY TESLA STOCK

AMC and GameStop were the stock to own today.

lordadmiral

We get about 50p per share. Thats £500 for someone with 1k shares. If we consolidate shares 2:1. Then we get £1 per share as we will have 500 shares.
A 2 shares worth £5 should should turn into one share worth £5.
That's how the consolidation should look like. Do i miss something?

Donk180

Hey guys, i have been reading my emails today informing me about what’s happening with the shares and I’m totally confused as to what to do with them. Was just going to buy to sell and cash in with £3500 profit but with the potential to earn a bit extra with the dividend is it worth gambling it is their a potential of watching my profits going up in smoke? Sorry don’t really understand what they are doing

owlnight

Quote from: lordadmiral on 27-01-21, 09:11PM
We get about 50p per share. Thats £500 for someone with 1k shares. If we consolidate shares 2:1. Then we get £1 per share as we will have 500 shares.
A 2 shares worth £5 should should turn into one share worth £5.
That's how the consolidation should look like. Do i miss something?
I think i understood it to say for every 19 shares we have, they reduce to 15, and the difference in loss is paid via the special bonus????? dont really know, just my take on it. If that is the case, wheres the benefit?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk