Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 08:10PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,430
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 610
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 538
Total: 541

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his scots tie

They take 12 months earnings from Nov 17 to Nov 18,and Nov 18 to Nov 19 and compare to previous 12 months earnings.In 97 % of cases in both years your earnings will have incresed so no payout.A full time GA contracted to sundays in Nov 18 will be earning £1 per month more than in Nov 17,and despite having to have  a £38 pay cut for five months from july he wont get a payout because he has earned more in both years .Very craftily and cleverly done Tesco and Usdaw.

dotnochance

sent an email off to Colleague.Response this this they reply i got back

Hello --------,

Thanks for getting in contact and for your service to Tesco.

You'll know that in July 2017 we announced a two-year pay deal for all store colleagues which includes three increases to basic hourly rates in November 2017, July 2018 and November 2018. The deal also included 12 months advanced notice before a reduction in premium rates from time and a half to time and a quarter from July 2018.

To work out how colleagues are affected by the combination of these changes, Tesco have analysed a year's worth of pay data for every colleague from November 2016 to November 2017. This included the hourly rate that was paid to all colleagues before the two-year deal started and was then compared with what their pay would be, working the same hours, with the new higher rate of pay effective 18 November 2018 and the lower premium rates.

If an individual is impacted financially under the new pay structure, they will receive a one-off payment equivalent to 18 months of the difference in pay.

The comparison is between pay before any of the three pay rises were made, and what it will be after all three pay increases and the changes to premiums. Not everyone who works a Sunday or bank holiday will automatically receive a payment – it is about whether, following all of the changes being applied they remain financially impacted.

The reason that the one-off payment is based on the rate of pay from November 2018 is that it was agreed as part of one complete pay deal, spanning two years. It is important for colleagues to take into account the whole of the pay deal, and not just the most recent change to premiums.

Changes to premiums will affect everyone differently, because everyone works different hours in Tesco. This does mean that the overall value of the pay increase will vary depending on the hours that members work. However, colleagues consistently tell us that their basic hourly rate is the most important part of their pay, and this significant increase to the basic hourly rate will benefit the vast majority of Tesco colleagues.

Pay may fluctuate at the different stages of the pay deal – increasing after the first stage, possibly decreasing during the second and then increasing again in the third and final stage. However, if you consider this over the course of the full year from November 2017 – November 2018, the fluctuations will balance out, and pay will remain the same or improve. Plus, this higher hourly rate will form the basis for future pay reviews and will also feed through to premium payments.

Thanks again for getting in contact and I hope this additional information provides more clarity on the process.

The Colleague Response Team

Any one understand what they said?

ETUKL

Bascially we knew you were getting screwed we are now laughing as we are making more money out of say 6000 staff affected for 5 months increasing our overall.profits at end of the year, now shut up and deal with it.

That what they are saying lol

whitebeast

Well, I told them in no uncertain terms what they could do with their Sunday shift. Shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Rather lose the money and have a life.

sfo

Pretty much what my manager said. This should have been explained two years ago. Nobody expected weekly salary to go down at any point without a compensation payment. so o er the two year pay deal I got a of 5.25 pc.this month the overall raise drops to 0.54 pc and in November the total raise will be 3.3pc over two years. Add in to that this year bonus was less than last year and it's a pay cut. Next year's p60 will show a lower income than last year.

Duracell

So by their own admission, 2016 -2018, Pay May remain the same.

Outstanding!!! Not!!  No pay negotiation "award" should see any worker "remain the same" after full implementation of "the deal" because it is not an award, it has a detrimental structure overall for some.
It should at least be an overall award increase for all or it shouldn't be called an increase.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

sfo

Quote from: his scots tie on 18-07-18, 02:54PM
Quote from: sfo on 18-07-18, 12:43PM
It's just been explained to me that the first November pay rise was not actually a raise but a "front loaded" payment and I was actually overpaid since then. He agreed that i should have been warned that my weekly pay would go down. He has given me until Monday to sign the contract or I will be suspended
We all know the pay deal is wrong and has been underhand.Its been craftily worked so very few get a payout despite 5 months pay cut.But its probably been done legally.If you dont sign your contract what then.If you try to claim constructive dissmisal what chance of winning? Your hourly rate as gone up its your premiums that have changed and you agree to that through collective bargaining.Where did leigh day get with ptemiums being cut from double time,although perhaps not best case put forward,they failed.If i where you  i would sign it.
I think you're I will sign it and ask a letter of protest to be put on my file. At the end of the day they've screwed the Sunday workers and there's probably nothing we can do about it except leave. I will redouble my efforts to get another job.

bugsbunny

If you do sign it. write on the contract that you are signing it under protest as you do not agree with the pay decrease and you are being bullied by Mr X into signing it. as you have been threatened with suspension. not a lot he can say to that.

bestnotputmyrealname

Got mine to sign it's £13.01 less per week, £52.04 each pay day. When it comes to the pay deal we have never had a choice and what we was lead to believe is that we'd be compensated by any losses based on what we earn when it came into place, we've never been on a lot in the first place and can see a loss like that meaning that households will suffer, people never except to lose pay for doing the same job and hours and base their future and commitments on this, I just really pray that nobody loses their home or get so low that they feel no way out but to take their life.

Totot

Mcardle1982, basically tesco will compare the earning for whole year from nov 2016 to 2017, including all hours and bh plus sunday overtime   to nov 2018 to nov 2019 with expected doing the same overtime and bank holiday, basic 7.62 to 8.42, and it is very fair.....according to tesco.

But ofcourse some people will have down for 5 month or even more without cushion payment.
You know what make even hurt, the way they explain to us like we are todler.
2018 minimum wage is £. 7.83, while in 2019 predicted to be around £ 8.20 to catch up £. 9 on 2020.
So comparing earning on 2018 and 2019 to £. 7.62 that under minimum wage of this time, that is a big insult for us.

But let them have my few £££ every pay day, meanwhile i work less and slower, and will answer no we dont have it anymore when customer ask and not make it priority for high selling item to put in the self soon, hey we only unskilled worker, no need to analysed about selling, it is tesco bosses job, who always s*** the amount of order and try to hide their failure by over distributed goods to the shops, make the shop chockablock with repeated item.

JL

Desparate it is double time to time and a half then to time and a quarter before we know it we will have single rate and no premiums. Do you think the TMs will want treble the work out the GAs then. Fuckin joke of a place. Meanwhile Dave is saying he is short of a million. I work to make time go not because the management are constantly on our case. Doesn't matter how much you do for them they will always gripe.

JL

There is plenty of people who have taken there life because of the stress of this company and what they thought was going to happpen and did happen. It can be seen in newspapers, previous threads and through the grape vine. In my store people are struggling to get by as it is cost of living on the rise and wages staying the same. Now some of these people have been hacked by £50 for next 5 months. But don't worry in month 6 you'll get your usual £50 plus £1 extra. So in 250 months break even?

Loki

Quote from: Mcardle1982 on 18-07-18, 04:32PM
sent an email off to Colleague.Response this this they reply i got back

Hello --------,

Thanks for getting in contact and for your service to Tesco.

You'll know that in July 2017 we announced a two-year pay deal for all store colleagues which includes three increases to basic hourly rates in November 2017, July 2018 and November 2018. The deal also included 12 months advanced notice before a reduction in premium rates from time and a half to time and a quarter from July 2018.

To work out how colleagues are affected by the combination of these changes, Tesco have analysed a year's worth of pay data for every colleague from November 2016 to November 2017. This included the hourly rate that was paid to all colleagues before the two-year deal started and was then compared with what their pay would be, working the same hours, with the new higher rate of pay effective 18 November 2018 and the lower premium rates.

If an individual is impacted financially under the new pay structure, they will receive a one-off payment equivalent to 18 months of the difference in pay.

The comparison is between pay before any of the three pay rises were made, and what it will be after all three pay increases and the changes to premiums. Not everyone who works a Sunday or bank holiday will automatically receive a payment – it is about whether, following all of the changes being applied they remain financially impacted.

The reason that the one-off payment is based on the rate of pay from November 2018 is that it was agreed as part of one complete pay deal, spanning two years. It is important for colleagues to take into account the whole of the pay deal, and not just the most recent change to premiums.

Changes to premiums will affect everyone differently, because everyone works different hours in Tesco. This does mean that the overall value of the pay increase will vary depending on the hours that members work. However, colleagues consistently tell us that their basic hourly rate is the most important part of their pay, and this significant increase to the basic hourly rate will benefit the vast majority of Tesco colleagues.

Pay may fluctuate at the different stages of the pay deal – increasing after the first stage, possibly decreasing during the second and then increasing again in the third and final stage. However, if you consider this over the course of the full year from November 2017 – November 2018, the fluctuations will balance out, and pay will remain the same or improve. Plus, this higher hourly rate will form the basis for future pay reviews and will also feed through to premium payments.

Thanks again for getting in contact and I hope this additional information provides more clarity on the process.

The Colleague Response Team

Any one understand what they said?

Precisely what I was trying to convey in an earlier post... the 2 year pay deal as a whole in itself legal but totally immoral. Both the Company and the Union knew exactly what they were doing. It's underhanded and in part misleading with regards to the booklets.

This is the response I would have expected. Their underhandedness  is the only thing that is transparent.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

sfo

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 19-07-18, 10:11AM
There is plenty of people who have taken there life because of the stress of this company and what they thought was going to happpen and did happen. It can be seen in newspapers, previous threads and through the grape vine. In my store people are struggling to get by as it is cost of living on the rise and wages staying the same. Now some of these people have been hacked by £50 for next 5 months. But don't worry in month 6 you'll get your usual £50 plus £1 extra. So in 250 months break even?
In my case it would have been lose £16 pw now and get £11 back in November - anyhow I've opted out of sundays and will make up the difference with agency work

dizzy_1

One of the girls in our store has openly said she 'll go on the sick for the next 2 Sundays so that she's still "employed" by the company so she can get her payment but is leaving to go to a new job. Not handing in her notice, just not coming back. Her manager says they can't do anything even though they have heard the rumours.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

JL

Good for her I wouldn't give them notice either.

Call me

WMTY is now live , I can't wait to put in my views .

Hammer10

Got my contract today and compared it to the one I got in January 2016 wow I am better off by a whole £ 4.60 a month.I can't contain myself ,what shall I spend on.That won't even cover my weekly spend in the canteen.What pay rise some joke .

JL

The 4.60 won't cover your rise in spend in the canteen now the new chef is double charging.

Preacherpauly

So glad I don't work sat nights lol. Not worth it without the time and a half. Is the extra 10 quid worth your weekend.

Loki

Quote from: Duracell on 18-07-18, 06:19PM
So by their own admission, 2016 -2018, Pay May remain the same.

Outstanding!!! Not!!  No pay negotiation "award" should see any worker "remain the same" after full implementation of "the deal" because it is not an award, it has a detrimental structure overall for some.
It should at least be an overall award increase for all or it shouldn't be called an increase.

It's ridiculous Duracell. Some with no increase, some with temporary decrease, many on different percentage increases depending on which shifts worked.

Outrageous. Never known a pay deal like it anywhere.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

soupyc123

Can anyone explain to me how I would not be eligible for this payment. One person in our whole store is getting it. He works a Sunday 11-19:30, and Monday from 6-10. My previous contracted hours, was 5-9am Tuesday and Friday, then 6-10pm Saturday and Sunday, in the year 16-17. My contract changed last year, before any mention of the 2 year plan. My new contract since last year, has been Saturday 5-9am, and Sunday 10-6pm. Based off my current contract, i lose 16 pound a week i believe. I'm struggling to see how he can receive this payment and i do not? , I truly am baffled.

cosmosmallpiece

It's probably because if he has worked the bank holidays he would have been getting time & a half for 2016 2017 now he will be getting time & a quarter,  so on less money now the premiums have gone down. That's the way I see it .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk