Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 10:49AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,432
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 555
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 537
Total: 542

Snakes/rats/mice/spiders etc in Tesco !

Started by Nomad, 14-07-12, 09:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clueless

BANDERSNATCH

My late ex had the same problem , daylight rubbery !

Nomad

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/watch-shopper-finds-nasty-surprise-11339661

And from the company straight out of a book of quotes.
QuoteA Tesco spokesman added: "We have extremely high standards for the products we put on our shelves and work hard to inspect our salad carefully.

"However, due to the freshness of our produce incidences like this can happen on very rare occasions. We will update Ms Lang on the findings of our investigation."

RARE  :o , depends on ones definition of rare.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/tesco-shopper-finds-hundreds-of-spiders-in-his-bag-of-bananas/

QuoteA Tesco spokesman said: "We sell millions of bananas every week and our growers work hard to clean and inspect all the fruit carefully. However, given the freshness of our produce, this sort thing can happen on very rare occasions.

There's that word again 'rare', obviously not working hard enough to inspect fruit and salad.

How fresh is fruit containing hundreds of hatched spiders  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1280175/woman-claims-she-found-cat-poo-in-tesco-snack-box-and-believes-it-could-have-been-put-there-deliberately-by-a-supermarket-worker/

QuoteA DISGUSTED shopper claims she found CAT POO stashed in a Tesco snack – and believes it could be a "dirty protest" staged by a supermarket worker.

Lucy Barfoot discovered the suspicious brown object tucked under a spinach leaf in her protein pot on Friday.

Bloody cats get everywhere  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SensibleSid

This could be what happens when you allow people to "change their mind" and return stuff.
I would not want to buy a water melon from Tesco knowing that a bunch of actors might have been handling it before returning it for a pineapple!

optout

How dare they that is disgusting I am never buying tesco cat poo again :o
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

Horrified shopper tucks into newly-purchased bag of pork scratchings from Tesco – which were FOUR YEARS out of date

QuoteAs she began to eat the pork snacks later that day she thought the first piece seemed a bit stale, and when she tucked into a second bit an "absolutely rancid" flavour filled her mouth and she realised they were off.

The reason why the snacks were extremely unpleasant soon became clear – she checked on the back of the packet and saw the scratchings were almost four years past their sell by date of August 2012.......

...... She was offered a £3 gift-card and no explanation as to why the old packet was on sale at their store in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex.

£3.00 WOW, as much as that, the companies feeling of guilt must have been enormous  :(   8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Young mum makes stomach-churning discovery after opening bag of Tesco microwave rice

QuoteA young mum has told of her horror after she opened a bag of Tesco microwave rice - only to find it filled with MOULD.

Hollie McGrath, 20, was preparing dinner for herself and her baby son, Roman, when she made the stomach-churning discovery.

She had bought the microwave long rice from a Tesco store in Greenock, Scotland, on Tuesday, the Daily Record reports.

YUK  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BANDERSNATCH

If only at my store we even attempted to abide by cold chain regulations we wouldn't be endangering the public but we don't , so we are .

Nomad

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Shock as live maggots found crawling in Tesco dog food
The 77-year-old went to make her English springer spaniel Lexie her food which was the usual Tesco Everyday Value brand.

"I opened the tin of dog food and it was crawling with maggots," she said.

Extra protein anyone  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37014050

"Tesco customer finds a worm in his cucumber and his complaint goes viral."

Quote"I thought - at last, finally Tesco have come up with something to beat Aldi's free-spider-with-bananas offer.

"I excitedly shouted the kids downstairs to come and meet our new pet.

"We decided to name him William.

Not the name I would have given him  :D

Name the worm here ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Squirrel invades Tesco, launches itself at a customer's back and refuses to leave the wine aisle

Quote34-year-old Emma Wright witnessed the scene, writing about it on Twitter.

She told the Standard: "I had gone to get my lunch at the store near to my office and was taking my pasta salad round to the check-out when I just felt this weight on my back,

"I thought it was a colleague grabbing me as a prank to try and make me jump so I turned around but there was no one there.

Squirrel looking in the wrong place for nuts, or is it ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

squirrel invades tesco launches itself at a customers back and refuses to leave the wine aisle

that's not news worthy that happens just about every day in my store??......Oh wait it says 'squirrel' not 'local'....my bad. :thumbup: well that just isn't normal is it. ;)

Nomad

Tesco evacuated after seagull attacked customers

QuoteA branch of Tesco had to be evacuated briefly after a seagull got in and started attacking customers.

The seagull caused havoc for about an hour in Truro, Cornwall, forcing the shop to be closed yesterday evening.

Perhaps it had heard that staff had a gullible union.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Mother claims she found rat's tail in Tesco Finest teacake

QuoteA mother said she found herself chewing on what she believes to be a rat's tail after opening a packet of Tesco Finest teacakes.

Sarah Mitchell, 34, was eating them with her son, Henry, at her aunt's house in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, when she realised there was a foreign object in her teacake.

This lady seems to have a 'tail' to tell  :-\
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pregnant-teen-mortified-after-finding-8876985

QuoteA mum-to-be says she was mortified to find what she thought was a clump of 'human hair' after biting into a Tesco breaded mushroom.

Hope someone gets to the root of the problem.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

these sort of complaints are hair today gone tommorrow

Nomad

Couple opened Tesco pizza - and discovered it was mouldy

QuoteShelley Smith said she was left "disgusted" by the discovery, with bits of the meat appearing to be growing the green fuzzy substance.

She had bought the 'sweet kickin' chicken pizza' at the Tesco Extra Bulwell store, on Jennison Street, as part of the £6 'Big Night In' meal deal.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

it must have been the 'fungi' pizza, they got an extra topping for nothing. I think it is just a new tesco offer. Let us not forget tesco are 'all give' they 'give' till it hurts these days. At least thats the impression mpratt gives. :thumbup:

Nomad

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/couple-claim-maggot-find-in-tesco-deli-chcicken/story-29836093-detail/story.html

QuoteNathan Varia, 27, and his partner Julia Finney, 26, said they were disgusted after they claim to have found a maggot attached to the underside of the pre-cooked poultry.

Pregnant Julia said he had already started picking at the meat when she spotted the gut-churning grub clinging to the carcass.

The image of the loathsome lava hanging from her lunch made her vomit, she said - and she still hasn't been able to shake the feeling.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/11/03/woman-finds-revolting-blue-plaster-tesco-roll/

QuoteA TESCO customer was disgusted to find a sticking plaster inside a roll.

Lisa Notvarty, from Heanor, Derbyshire, spotted the revolting blue plaster inside a brown roll bought last Friday.

The 32-year-old shared a picture of the grim find on Tesco's Facebook page which shows the large blue plaster wedged inside one of her rolls.

Seems their policy to use a sticky plaster on problems.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/herne-bay/news/disgust-as-mould-found-in-115605/

QuoteTesco bosses have apologised after a shocked customer discovered mould growing in fridges in Herne Bay.
He reported the issue to Tesco bosses via Twitter on Wednesday last week, who then apologised and cleaned the fridge the following day.

But when Mr George returned to the shop on Friday morning, he saw more mould in different spots in the refrigerated shelves.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

blutopia

They claimed it wasn't mould but residual cardboard stuck to the shelf - still looked disgusting though and obviously not cleaned thoroughly after the complaint.

Nomad

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/teens-horror-find-in-tesco-12327362?service=responsive

QuoteA teenager has spoken of her horror after finding part of a rubber glove inside her unopened packet of chicken goujons.

The 18-year-old, who did not wish to be named, bought the £3 packet of chicken for her dinner from Tesco's Silverburn store in the south side of Glasgow.

But when she got home and took a closer look, she discovered the blue plastic in the unopened packet.

Finger licking good  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk