News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 311
Total: 314

Times to work cages

Started by Mark calloway, 23-02-22, 12:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark calloway

Is there a set time to work a cage or dolley? Our manager is saying we have to pull our finger out and work harder so we can help another dept. We're already doing more 5han than  usual.  We can't physically do it any quicker

spike_pkh

There is no set time per cage, as each cage is different. A cage of toilet roll vs a cage of pills for example are very different jobs.

There are times for each section on how long they should take to complete though. Set by head office. I wouldnt know what they are though, you'd have to ask a manager to show you. Just beware about asking this, as I have seen in the past that it can give very tough targets to meet.

1man2jobs

Is this the same manager who denies breaks midshift? Tell them if you had a break between 4 and 5 you might have more energy. Anyhow there are many different factors to consider whether a cage takes several minutes or an hour to fill.

In regards to the estimated time that the managers receive on their workplan you will often find you have much more time to fill than what you are being told you have. Infact always challenge this as they will always lie about it.

whatajoke2019

There used to be something on Store Apps called Replenishment Scheduler or something like that.

I stopped looking at it when I once saw the less than half cage of cream cakes delivery needed something along the lines of an hour and a half to fill (excluding back stock) but a full cage of fish, which has more mods in our store, needed half an hour  :D.

We've had managers in the past who expected nine cages of long life to be done by 2am but they could spend 80% of their shift putting a cage of toilet rolls out  ;D

oldfashionedplayer

ah yeah it's like the warehouse split, store gets 1 hour to split 20+ cages for the night fill lol...

they expect everything, just tell them to work it themselves, just throw a complaint in if need be, have a look at how long others do it, if they take longer, and you get pulled up, complain that it's favouritism, time how long it takes your manager :P

Hammer10

If they want time scales of working cages then pay piece work rate.

thor god of thunder

there used to be a sheet they printed off asa guide....I don't think that happens any more. it was always very misleading as they used to tell me it didn't include back stock anyway, plus it would assume the fill and face up had been done to a set standard anyway. they are also not allowed to compare one person against another (which is pretty stupid in my opinion) so really the speed you work is the speed you work.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Why can't they compare one to another?

oldfashionedplayer

probably because of things like possibility of complaints regarding agism, sexism, racism (used to have a manager always pulled that card every time someone put a complaint against him in), health issues etc...  generally they expect men to do more than the women but can't particularly say it, like a heavier workload is "okay" for a male, but it's not for the opposite sex based on general structure... its all like thorn bushes... plenty of pr**k* but gotta avoid them lol.

lucgeo

Quote from: TESLA on 28-02-22, 04:25PM
Why can't they compare one to another?

They can...it's called a capability study!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

chris9997

i think the problem is that some people would deliberatly take there time over a cage where as others would work a cage to the best of there speed, and although those who are spinning out the time on a cage think that its not noticed but a good manager will know if say barry can do a cage of say buiscuits in forty  minutes and john taking one hour and forty miutes there is possibly a problem.

Redshoes

It's a matter of how much goes out too. If you work a cage and don't glance at shelf and just put to overs it's quicker than checking and filling. Also a cage high in promo stock for the next promo change is quick. There are so many variable to this. We split the cages in my store but the split is not alway right but even so a split cage is so much faster.

BUY TESLA STOCK

20 mins per cage regardless of if crisps or biscuits >:D

It depends on the condition of the shelfs when you enter the aisle.

Biscuits is a bad one for empty card on the shelf you can choose to get rid of it or just do what the majority do and ram half empty cases up the back of the shelf.

That said I wouldn't fill a biscuits aisle now for £200. Not good on the joints.

lackofinterest

the ar**h*le who thought of this is welcome to fill the half cage of jars of spices or the half cage of small medicinal items in our store. good luck with the 20 minutes! pr**k!!

BUY TESLA STOCK

The spices took me 40 mins one time.  Night fill in a large extra. :)

NorthernJ

We've always been under the impression that it's 20 seconds per case, including rotating whatever is on the shelf already, and that includes taking the product to the shelf from the cage too. Which makes sense with some items  like yogurts that sell fast and you're not rotating too much but not for most, like decanting all of ready meals and rotating them isn't 20 seconds per product at all.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Just do the bare minimum and let the managers work it out. There's a million reasons not to do as they dictate.  >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk