News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 11:53AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 536
Total: 538

New changes happening October.

Started by Bobmay, 28-08-22, 12:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAGs

Quote from: Mikoo on 10-11-23, 06:08PMColleague Admin are just the dogs body in my honest opinion. They are made to do the s*** jobs like filling up the cleaning stations, checking the first aid boxes and doing the laundry for the stores that still have a Bakery. The only bit of joy they get since People Access was took from them are the Inductions but even that process is now changing.

Good spot about Wages Clerk now being called Wages Administrator in coms too. I just assumed they had missed out a / but it does look like a new title.

The Shift Leaders have also been given new titles.
You are miss lead its nit a good dpot as the Wage Clerk's have lost their access on the 9th and can no longer put bank details on or P45 or P46's the Manager's put their own exceptions on and do their absences.  The Wage Clerk's title has not changed its a title for anybody with people access that can do wages at different Stores as in Store Manager, StkCon Manager, Wage Clerk or Admin as some stores have an admin doing Wages.Also it's the Admin that will be getting New Starters to add their Bank details and show them how to access the app to do P45/46 and how to update address etc.  So what are WC going to be doing I think it will go after Xmas after the Xmas recruiting as at present they need to bring them in on W&P!  Manager's will be doing their job completely daily job is disappearing! 

Also Shift Leaders have not  changed to a new title its their SKILL has changed from Management to Large Store Shift Leader so they cannot access everything!  Their access has been curbed for GDPR!

BlueSheep

Wags you seem to be overly exaggerating.

I'm a wage clerk and my access is exactly the same today as it was last week bar the fact I can no longer change a colleagues bank details. That's the only access change. I'm still doing 60 exceptions a day as well as all my other wage tasks including putting a p45 on this morning.

Also Colleague Admin are NOT supposed to have People Access if any Colleague Admin does they are in violation of Tescos new security data policy. The only way Colleague Admins can have access now is via a coms request which will grant them it for a 28 day period. Like already mentioned.

MaterialGirl

Quote from: The Godfather on 10-11-23, 07:42PMI actually fail to see the point of Colleague Admin now that all colleagues are doing their own admin via MyTesco. Let's Talks are going online soon too.  The only role Admins actually seem to have now is Recruitment. Everything else they do can easily be picked up by others.  Do they really need someone on a 30 hour contract filling cleaning stations each day?.
This

MyTesco is all about the Colleague doing their own Admin plus with Colleague Admin not having access to People what is the purpose of their role going forward?

In terms of this latest change. There is no confusion Wags. The only access you have lost is the ability to change someone's bank details. All the other convert pending worker stuff is still there altho slightly different so make sure you read up on the new guidelines.

In regards to p45/p46. For a long time Tesco have encouraged new colleagues to do this themselves. I'm surprised the sheet was still included in the previous New Starter packs to be honest as no one ever fills it in.

I suppose it depends on what kind of store you are but in my Extra our Wages Clerk never stops. No way will they be able to function without her. So if they did get rid then Payday would be carnage. The pay queries alone take her half a day sometimes. Are they really expecting managers to do that on top of everything else? smaller stores I can sort of see the logic but not the large ones. If a store has 400 staff they need someone there for wages.   The coms does actually mention Express stores is where the store manager needs to do all wage related tasks. So again it looks like they are basing it on store size.

Also on a sidenote. No one said Wages Clerk had the new title of Wage Administrator. People just noted that is what the Wages Clerks are now being called on coms. Hence why people speculated it might be the new title.     

One final thing too, this latest change clearly was not thought through. 99% of new starters don't have tesco email on  their first day so how can they be set up on induction without one..... fine they can download the MyTesco app but they won't be able to use it.

WAGs

Quote from: MaterialGirl on 11-11-23, 07:02AM
Quote from: The Godfather on 10-11-23, 07:42PMI actually fail to see the point of Colleague Admin now that all colleagues are doing their own admin via MyTesco. Let's Talks are going online soon too.  The only role Admins actually seem to have now is Recruitment. Everything else they do can easily be picked up by others.  Do they really need someone on a 30 hour contract filling cleaning stations each day?.
This

MyTesco is all about the Colleague doing their own Admin plus with Colleague Admin not having access to People what is the purpose of their role going forward?

In terms of this latest change. There is no confusion Wags. The only access you have lost is the ability to change someone's bank details. All the other convert pending worker stuff is still there altho slightly different so make sure you read up on the new guidelines.

In regards to p45/p46. For a long time Tesco have encouraged new colleagues to do this themselves. I'm surprised the sheet was still included in the previous New Starter packs to be honest as no one ever fills it in.

I suppose it depends on what kind of store you are but in my Extra our Wages Clerk never stops. No way will they be able to function without her. So if they did get rid then Payday would be carnage. The pay queries alone take her half a day sometimes. Are they really expecting managers to do that on top of everything else? smaller stores I can sort of see the logic but not the large ones. If a store has 400 staff they need someone there for wages.   The coms does actually mention Express stores is where the store manager needs to do all wage related tasks. So again it looks like they are basing it on store size.

Also on a sidenote. No one said Wages Clerk had the new title of Wage Administrator. People just noted that is what the Wages Clerks are now being called on coms. Hence why people speculated it might be the new title.     

One final thing too, this latest change clearly was not thought through. 99% of new starters don't have tesco email on  their first day so how can they be set up on induction without one..... fine they can download the MyTesco app but they won't be able to use it.
As your obviously not a Wage Clerk and you are talking about somebody else take it from a Wage Clerk at a very Large Exta Store that is upto date with all Comms etc. Plus I might add all our newbies filled in their New Starter packs properly as even the latest one still has both the bank & P45 details to fill in.   

I use to add all their P46 and P45s Alsi there is absolutely no need for Wage Clerk to do Wage Queries I havent done any for months as I was told to stop doing them Colleagues have to learn to do it on line and I was to refer them too their Manager to help them do CH ticket not that we get many anyway perhaps 1 or 2 and are soon rectified by CH!  That has been the proceedure since Colleagues had access to app and we have implemented it which is suppose to be done like that! Perhaps your Wage Clerk/Managers are not diing this? So dont tell me about my own JOB

It's not a New Title for WC its to distinguish those that have People Access as in some Stores Manager/ Stk Con Man/Wage Clerk or Admin does it depending on size of Store we have all of the above with access.  But, only the admin does my job if I'm off Hols/Sick only!
There will be no need for a Wage Clerk job is a quarter of what it was try looking at the latest WC job role it is about 8 lines most of that was on HRAM routines/jobs now discontinued or an admin role that was taken off WC!

So unless your Wage Clerk is doing more than her/his job like me exceptions disappearing etc But, that will not save them/us as when they decide it will be gone! Nobody thought stores could work without People Partners and on probably half the Managers but once its gone its gone.  We have some great Managers with abundace of knowledge but they dont want that knowledge look at Stock control role diminishing going into departments half the job it was, maybe less! Tesco do not care about the Colleage and how good they are its the job a WIGIG fingers crossed they keep having technical issues to keep us going!

I am a very good Wage Clerk other Staff/ Managers say they won't manage without but each week I have to stop something for Managers todo and learn! So we are coming in on a weekly basis to find something else gone and the system updated.  Soon when they amalgamate recruitment with W&P so it automatically goes over as the Manager authorises they won't need Admin or Wages! I Think they will wait until after Xmas alot of updates happening so bring them in find the problems it causes at stores and tweek!  If Extras can manage all stores can!

Perhaps if you read a bit more on the Wages sites you would of seen some of the stores have lost their Wage Clerks already! Just come in one day like I did Thursday for no  Bank details access they came in NO access as WC to the system no job found out later they were trial stores.  Working on Shopfloor!

BlueSheep

Admins are not allowed People Access due to GDPR.

The store manager just confirmed this to me. He also does not believe Wages is going and said all Store Managers on his WhatsApp group are not happy with the bank details change.

gomezz

The GPDR thing is a red herring and cop out.  The company's GPDR registration could (and should) define all data held and how it is used including who within the company has access to it.  If the company is limiting access then that just says how little it trusts the people it employs in these sensitive roles.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

WAGs

Quote from: BlueSheep on 11-11-23, 09:47AMAdmins are not allowed People Access due to GDPR.

The store manager just confirmed this to me. He also does not believe Wages is going and said all Store Managers on his WhatsApp group are not happy with the bank details change.

Even if he knew he wouldn't tell you! As they cannot let anything out of the bag until all store Manager's are told and they tell the staff at the same time lol!  He didn't tell the other people that have lost their jobs or had to go from Counters to otherjobs or Manager's having redundancy!  Seriously,  ;D  They may not be happy with the Bank details change but its tough it's the way forward alot more is changing and being dropped going forward

grim up north

Quote from: gomezz on 11-11-23, 11:46AMThe GPDR thing is a red herring and cop out.  The company's GPDR registration could (and should) define all data held and how it is used including who within the company has access to it.  If the company is limiting access then that just says how little it trusts the people it employs in these sensitive roles.
And also, the less people who know about a potential data breach/illegal activity/balls up, the better looking at it from T point of view. They don't want someone who knows what they are doing spotting a massive mistake which will make managers look like imbeciles

Seymee

Dot Com Shift Leaders have lost access to personal details too and they are actually CRC checked. 

If a dot com shift leader needs to ring a customer now about a delivery they have to ring head office first and then they will be transferred to the said customer.

I hardly think that means they are on the way out either.

Chill people.

madness

Quote from: Mikoo on 11-11-23, 07:23PMDot Com Shift Leaders have lost access to personal details too and they are actually CRC checked. 

If a dot com shift leader needs to ring a customer now about a delivery they have to ring head office first and then they will be transferred to the said customer.

I hardly think that means they are on the way out either.

Chill people.
And we wonder how bureaucracy  gets int he way of just getting a job done...

kaled78

don't .com drivers have the customers phone number on their manifest?,surely the .com shift leaders can just get the contact info from that?

gomezz

Next thing is that dot com drivers will need to wear blindfolds and listen to HO guide them into the customer so they don't learn the address or what the customer looks like!   8-)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

NannieG

Do any of the wages clerks on here have issues with their exceptions. Since April, on Fridays, exceptions are very slow to come off Tam,taking hours.  It's a known issue and "they are working hard to fix the problem" A month ago, it started being Thursdays and Fridays. Now this week it's the weekend as well. We still have over 100 exceptions waiting to be cleared as of 10 minutes ago. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Elly1519

NannieG

It's the same at all stores, mine included. I answer as many as I can on a Friday then hope for the best and they have cleared when I return to work on Monday.
You're right about it spreading into Thursday though, it is very annoying.

Kiddos

Quote from: Elly1519 on 12-11-23, 05:48PMNannieG

It's the same at all stores, mine included. I answer as many as I can on a Friday then hope for the best and they have cleared when I return to work on Monday.
You're right about it spreading into Thursday though, it is very annoying.
It's gotten even worse this week! Even logging on seems to be taking an eternity! 😳

BlueSheep

Wage clerks can now put on bank details again.

Looks like all those red wage checks on the audits spooked HQ  ;D

Kiddos

Quote from: BlueSheep on 16-11-23, 05:59PMWage clerks can now put on bank details again.

Really? I'm not able to 🤔

BlueSheep

Quote from: Kiddos on 16-11-23, 06:13PM
Quote from: BlueSheep on 16-11-23, 05:59PMWage clerks can now put on bank details again.

you should have it back by tomorrow 👍

WAGs

Quote from: BlueSheep on 16-11-23, 06:17PM
Quote from: Kiddos on 16-11-23, 06:13PM

you should have it back by tomorrow 👍
This is going to be very short lived as the Comms says its only for Xmas recruiting and will be switched off again!  So I am using it to get the Managers start doing it! As they haven't stopped the new process just allowed us to be able to insert Bank details rather than New Colleagues to be unpaid!

livingthedream86

Not sure how to make a new post so popping this in here. Does anybody know where to find the policy about whether a WL1 can apply for a WL2 job role etc? A wl1 has been given a wl2 job without following the normal process and I didn't think they'd be allowed to apply in first place

WAGs

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 27-07-23, 02:31AMWhen it relates to absences the team managers are supposed to take care of it themselves... the coms for that came down several weeks ago. I'm guessing if the wage clerk is off then it's the wage/admin manager who does it in their absence.

However, Wages *is* going and sorry to burst anyones bubble it will not be rebranded or merged with Admin.  The changes you are seeing now are in preparation for it.  I did keep warning ya'll. I was told by my store manager who heard it from his wife (who just so happens to be Area Manager) Wages will disappear and Admin  will be reduced to 4 hours a day. It's all slotting into place.

As your Wage Clerk Mother who worked at a Superstore was already absorbed by being moved out and in January 2023!  Then, in July you heard from your Managers SM Wife Wages is Going and announcement in August!  Are you the Crispy Creme delivery driver?  If not your inside info is just your speculation as is your idea of being a Checkout Superstar!  Seems you best keep to what you know and not other peoples jobs!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk