News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 290
Total: 292

Right Hours changes

Started by mfox21, 08-10-20, 09:07PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfox21

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. I've been working for Tesco for 4 years now - I was on Dot Com for 2 years than moved departments, I really disliked Dot Com picking as I found it very repetitive and monotonous so I applied for a new role on a different department. Now I am being told that my hours (mornings till early afternoon) no longer fit within the stores new right hours right place policy.
I am currently contacted to a fixed contract just under full time.

I have been told that I am either having to move my shifts to lates (10pm finishes) or "worse case scenario" get put back onto Dot Com which seems to be mentioned a lot. Understandably I really don't want to work till 10pm as I'm contracted to Fridays and Saturday's.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me how I can avoid this / get the best outcome for myself.

Many thanks  :thumbup:

lucgeo

Is the whole store going through RHRP, or are they just singling you out?

If you have a fixed permanent contract, then they have to go through a lot of meetings with you to discuss changes, and it has to be across the dept, and not just you getting dragged into an office and told you have to move hours.

Going from early finishes to lates would seem extremely unreasonable, a change of 2 hours either side of your current shifts would be deemed acceptable. Your union rep should be attending these meetings with you, or a trusted colleague if you're a non union member.

You have a right to see the heat map...you have a right to have that heat map explained to you...you have a right for them to show ( prove ) on paper the business plan, that the move is a " needs of the business" situation, and not for them to just say it's " needs of the business"

Do not agree, or sign anything until you have been given all of the above. I would strongly urge you to have a union rep attend these meetings, or at least ask a union rep for the booklet on RHRP, if you're a non union member. Go onto the Tesco colleagues website, on policies for people, It  should have all the information on the policies and procedures regarding RHRP.

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

mfox21

As far as I know its just my department that have been told about RPRH. I've had 2 very brief conversations in the offices - one explaining whats going on about RPRH very informal and the other basically asking if I would be open to work the late shift's which I said no stating the reasons previously posted.

From the meetings I basically got the impression that if I wanted to keep my hours structure I would need to move onto Dot Com.

Thank you so much for your reply I will have a look at the policies and procedures now!

wizard

With rhrp and the heatmap saying some departments are vastly over hours does anyone think they’re will be anymore redundancies or do you think now everyone is a GA they will just move you to different departments

Redshoes

They are trying to avoid redundancies. It's still on the table but other avenues to be exhausted first.

londoner83

Why pay out to get people to leave, when each year thousands leave from their own choice?

Also in current economic climate being made redundant could well mean months or years without work.

lucgeo

Quote from: mfox21 on 08-10-20, 09:49PM
As far as I know its just my department that have been told about RPRH. I've had 2 very brief conversations in the offices - one explaining whats going on about RPRH very informal and the other basically asking if I would be open to work the late shift's which I said no stating the reasons previously posted.

From the meetings I basically got the impression that if I wanted to keep my hours structure I would need to move onto Dot Com.

Thank you so much for your reply I will have a look at the policies and procedures now!

They're sussing out who they can move, cajole, bully into the late Friday and Saturday shifts...these are notorious as difficult to fill.
There are no little brief conversations dealing with RHRP. Insinuations of being moved onto another department, in these little chats, is totally unacceptable. If there is more than one of you doing similar shifts, they're looking for the weakest link amongst you...the one who will jump first, then there is no need to go down the RHRP, if someone readily accepts the change.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

newguy20

Dot com seems to be the only dept with hours. At my store they are over hours and been trying to move people into dot com. Usually these are the younger staff on flexible contracts who are forced to move, or the c**p ones the manager doesn't like (if you were a manager being told to give up one member of staff, would you send your best employee?).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk