News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:26PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 296
Total: 300

Heatmap

Started by beahead, 21-06-20, 11:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munchkin

Sorry for monolithic I guess its challenging for some people like yourself but when you deal with the general public and drivers who struggle with English it's a breeze ooops sorry being monolithic again best put glasses on so I can where the punctuations are so sorry oh great one

Babyface

Question please. How often do heatmaps change

Hammer10

I think every 6 months

Seymee

We had one done in March then this latest one two weeks ago.

So can someone clarify this for me. I do three, 10pm finishes and for two of those nights i'm left on my own for an hour but because others don't want to move department and are on 30 hours I have a feeling they will suddenly decide they can do the 10pm finishes.

I cannot be forced to move to another department to make way for someone who's shifts are in the red?

Because if I am forced to do that  I want to know my rights.

Babyface

I more question heatmaps different depending on what store you work in. Eg work in Leeds or London different maps if that makes sense thank you

Siwel123

Yes, each heat map will be store specific

Redshoes

Heat maps are now four times a year. They don't force moves. They only highlight areas that may be over or short.

Seymee

They do at our store. Sometimes without consultation too. That is why I want to know what my rights are if they turn around next week and tell me I'm off to stock control or Dot Com.  I at least want to fight for my place on the department first before any final decision gets made.

Checkout Superstar

That should not be how it works. If a department is lets say, 60 hours over, then the heatmap will flag up a number of things like the hours/shifts concerned then factor in things like availability, attendance etc. If you personally score high you have nothing to fear, they won't move a good reliable person on a flexi from a department if they score high.

Its those who score low that they will go for first but as I've already said. The heatmap is now a tool to lure people off fixed contracts and onto flexis, its the fixed crowd they are going after.

Seymee

Oh I see. So its basically the computer that decides? I was assuming it would be managers.

That makes me feel better then.

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Himynameus

My store is over 2000 over manned to the last heatmap, that’s 55 full time member of staff. Dreaded to even think how they are going to try and cut hours.

biggerpicture

In some areas of the shop the heat map is incorrect. Dairy for example says i need 2.2 people every morning in an extra. Company knows about this but as yet the heat map hasn't changed.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Himynameus on 03-01-21, 07:35PM
My store is over 2000 over manned to the last heatmap, that’s 55 full time member of staff. Dreaded to even think how they are going to try and cut hours.

How on earth does a store become 2000 hours a week over manned?

Morris999

Was thinking the same thing.
Think someone instore is making things up to justify something!
Now 200 hours I can easily believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk