News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:25PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 298
Total: 302

Dot Com Accidents

Started by I.AM_a driver, 22-12-06, 07:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packhorse

They put camera's on the back of the vans saying that it reduced accidents by a certain percent (I cant remember exactly) then wouldnt repair/replace them when they failed to work.

I.AM_a driver

they don't put cameras on them anymore, but i still think they're really useful and they should be repaired.

i've a few more crashed van pics that should go in the gallery, will get them sent in when i get a minute.

Dot Comma

I look forward to seeing them. Hope no one was hurt in them.

jb66

Quote from: packhorse on 25-02-09, 06:01PM
They put camera's on the back of the vans saying that it reduced accidents by a certain percent (I cant remember exactly) then wouldnt repair/replace them when they failed to work.

I was led to belive tesco wont pay for repair because they never asked Mercedes for the cameras but they were installed anyway.

Geezer100

dot com driver loading a van, when it is driven off the bay, by a driver not looking correctly in his mirrors before pulling off.
Fridge door still open, knocking the loading driver over, and causing her to sustain injuries.
Logged in accident book, yet MM wouldn't send her home.
She had to go home herself, and take herself to the local Minor Injuries Unit, and then to A&E.
She is currently off sick, and not expected to be off sick for at least another 5 days.
I am told the reason she wasn't sent home was because they have to pay her for the shift, and 3 days after.
Sadly, this member of staff is not in the union, who no doubt would have fought the case here.
As far as I am aware, no first aider was called either. But I am not 100% certain on that one.

PitseaSuspect

I find this disgusting .. and this member of staff will probably face a warning when she returns. As for going to the hospital on her own, in our store we have staff that are insured to take staff to the hospital if they were to have an accident. I cant believe she wasnt sent home .. i know what i would of done if i was her.

Jaycloth

I totally agree that this ladies treatment was poor. If she has recorded the accident in the book, she shouldn't be sanctioned (mitigating circumstances, accident not her fault) nor should it be part of her percentage. I know that managers will do anything to persuade staff to stay on after an accident, from personal experience. A first aider should have been called and should have advised that she go home or to hospital. She has a good case for compensation.

Geezer100

I can confirm it was logged in the store accident book.

Seanmclude

Has everyone elses .com stores stopped people from having buddies?

One of the drivers broke her finger while out on a run and is not allowed a buddy to help her.

Same with a few other .com drivers aswell if they are injured- they are expected to live with the pain!

ali p

Don't think so. Surely this falls into the category of supporting your attendance. Is there anything we can do to help you?

POA Billy

I'm sorry but there are no prizes for the longest post, would a link not have done (?)) :D

jb66

If i have a delivery that is too heavy for me or it is in a dodgy area, i ask a manager come out in his car to help me.

The Mrs

Geezer100

Not Tesco I know. But thought I would share with you anyway.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1178920_asda_van_stuck_after_satnav_wrong_turn

How the **** did the driver manager to get it that far up?

Chairswan

He obviously wasn't looking where he was going, just totally relied on his sat nav to get to his next address from the looks of it.
I wonder how their insurance would pay out for damage, not just to the van but to the path he tried to drive through. (?)) (-*-)

The Mrs

That's interesting. ASDA have their vans covered by RAC. Who covers Tesco dot com vans for call outs?

Jaycloth

Bet, whoever it is has "budget" in their name!  ;)

Geezer100

Quote from: The Mrs on 24-10-09, 04:43PM
That's interesting. ASDA have their vans covered by RAC. Who covers Tesco dot com vans for call outs?

again it's the RAC. Sainsbury's use the AA (I only know cause I saw one being attend to by the AA on my way home from work once)

I.AM_a driver

Quote from: Geezer100 on 24-10-09, 10:45PM
Quote from: The Mrs on 24-10-09, 04:43PM

again it's the RAC. Sainsbury's use the AA (I only know cause I saw one being attend to by the AA on my way home from work once)
except the transits, Ford Assistance uses the AA!I was on 1st name terms with one AA guy, our transit used to break down every other week. Don't have it any more, does anyone out there have EK06XUV, and have you managed to use it for more than two weeks without the auto g/box breaking?

ali p

things must have change we never used to have breakdown . we just had to rely on the lease company  via/pullmans coming out to us

dotmercom

Has everyone elses .com stores stopped people from having buddies?
yes we used to buddy up all the time when not that busy,but it stopped about 6 months ago.
trying to save money was the answer from my manager.now if you dont have a route you have to help the pickers trolley
loading .what a bore.one of our drivers pulled his groin on a damaged roller van door.he was in real agony, he was not allowed a buddy.despite the fact there were 2 spare drivers.so he put it in the accident book and had a week of work.the door is still damaged.do they really care????

I.AM_a driver

I think the policy is to only have one employee per van, if that person is unable to do the job then they should be found another job instore and a multiskilled (what are they again?) or other driver takes the van trip. Most of the vans only have one seat now anyway, so you'd be lucky to have a passenger seat.

I defected a (spare) van last week, both the AM and CH shutters were extremely difficult to open, had to use both hands and really force them up. By comparison our own vans only need one hand to open the shutters.

gomezz

Not been allowed as common practise for over a year here.  The rule *has* been broken if the only accredited driver available for a shift is injured so they take someone else (not a driver) along to do their humping.

And all our vans are three-seater Merc Sprinters (one + two).
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

packhorse

It seems that every "spare" van we get given have cr***y shutters. They are an absolute swine, Pullmans sent us one the other day and the shutter was so stiff I refused to accept it (Oh boy did I get told off for that one), but the thing is no body would have driven it anyway.
And as for two drivers buddy(ing) up, we do it every now and then, but we only have one two seater van anyway. I've mentioned on here before, that we are pretty much left to our own devices once .com shuts at 2pm and the pickers go home, then the manager goes a while after that.  If the vans are all covered and there are no issues (i.e. non payment etc), then they dont seem to care, THANK GOODNESS...

Bigfoot

Not a Tesco van, but Asda. Hope he/she is ok.

Good thing Ocado have fitted winter tyres now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nzy-3FJPfQ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk