News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Holiday

Started by Bluemoon, 13-01-20, 05:34PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

Quote from: grim up north on 27-05-20, 08:53PM
I've noticed a lot of 'I want extra time off and I want paying for it' across many platforms

Not in my case ,why should I walk away from a fully paid holiday with no chance of any money back

lucgeo

8-) rightly so...you were off for a reason...not on a 12 week jolly  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

arlo

Two weeks full sick pay will be payed if it can be proved holiday was booked before pandemic started ,right decision in my opinion ,well done tesco

Villager No.6

Re: Christmas; Boxing Day and Bank Holidays. My normal contracted working week as a delivery driver includes Friday; Saturday and Monday, when booking my 20/21 holidays I was told I’d have 3 days fewer to book than my entitlement as they’d been allocated for the 25th; 26th and 28th.

Phoneshopguy

.com don't work over that period hence saving holiday days for then.

Cinderella

Quote from: Villager No.6 on 28-05-20, 09:59AM
Re: Christmas; Boxing Day and Bank Holidays. My normal contracted working week as a delivery driver includes Friday; Saturday and Monday, when booking my 20/21 holidays I was told I’d have 3 days fewer to book than my entitlement as they’d been allocated for the 25th; 26th and 28th.

Same happens to me - Christmas Day and Easter for example, always take up two of my holiday allowance. If I really wanted to work those days though, they would let me go in and find me work in another department that is open. For instance, filling the shelves.

Rad

Regards to the booked holidays, if you booked before 8th May you can be coded as sick during quarantine on return.  If booked after, you use holidays, lifestyle break, unpaid etc.  Although I think the quarantine will be scrapped for european destinations at some point.

hornimans135

Hi all,
In January I went into hospital for an operation and was off sick until March when I then went into shielding until the until the beginning of August when I returned to work.
Whilst of sick in March I had been 3 days holiday booked from w/c 9th March which I haven’t had.
Had spoke to several managers whilst I was away, so they do know about this.
I have submitted forms to wages, wage slip for the end of the year, which clearly shows that I’m owed the 3 days and  bottom of holiday form was agreed and signed.
I haven’t heard anything back, what should I do now?

Long Term Sickness Absence

If you are on long term sickness absence at the end of the holiday year (31st March) you may be able to have some of your remaining holiday paid up to you. The maximum holiday you can have paid up is 4 weeks (20 days pro-rata) and this is only if you have not taken at least 4 weeks (20 days pro-rata) holiday over the course of the holiday year.
If you have taken at least 4 weeks (20 days pro-rata) holiday you will not be able to have any outstanding holiday paid up to you, and will lose any outstanding holidays left in your holiday balance on 31st March. So, you should still book and take your holiday even whilst you are off sick.
For example: A colleague has 6 weeks (30 days pro-rata) combined holiday and bank holiday entitlement. They have taken 3 weeks (15 days pro-rata) holiday over the course of the year. On 31st March, 1 week (5 days pro-rata) will be paid up to the colleague (4 weeks â€" 1 week = 3 weeks or 20 days â€" 15 days = 5 days) but the other 2 weeks (10 days pro-rata) will be lost.

barafear

80377494>

I'd be very surprised if this is the policy of Tesco.......the bit about:

If you're on long term sick pay you should book your holidays as normal!?

If, for example, I was off for a year (let's say Apr 1st - 31st March inclusive), during that year I would "earn holiday entitlement" but would be unable to take holiday - therefore, I would expect my holiday entitlement to carry forward to the following year when I would then have "two years" entitlement to take.

Not overly sure about the BH entitlement - but at the very least, my contractual holiday allowance -even if it was 30 days - would carry forward.

Cannot see how Tesco could not follow this?

Nomad

https://www.acas.org.uk/checking-sick-pay/sick-pay-and-holiday-pay

QuoteIf someone has not been able to use their holiday because they’ve been on long-term sick leave, they can carry it over.

Employees on long-term sick leave can carry over 4 weeks’ unused holiday, unless the employer allows more to be carried over. This holiday must be used within 18 months from the date it’s carried over.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

The information is in the updated Holiday Policy February 2020.

If you haven't taken your 4 weeks pro rata it is usually paid out. Wages clerks receive a brief and send forms to Payroll to pay up the shortfall. When Work and Pay launches the rumour is that it will be possible to carry holidays over. Unfortunately like most of things the company promises I am in no doubt it will be a while before the new system works as expected.

Nomad

You can refuse the pay out and insist on taking the paid holidays that you have missed.  The law looks on the holidays as being essential for you mental and physical well being.  Check with ACAS.

All work (or sickness) makes Jack or Jill a dull person.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

viperex

Has anyone else heard what they will be introducing soon, instead of days off it will be hours off  ?

T.C.1

Yep see your manager this should have already be explained.

viperex

Well she doesn't exactly know either, have asked her twice she says she has had no briefing herself  >:( >:( .  Basically good or bad as it has not been explained to me at all.

viperex

Holidays are changing over to hours rather than days when Work and Pay launches. Some stores/groups are going live 22 October but the rest will be rolled out next year. My store launches in April. So you will probably be briefed properly nearer the time.

Dooby27

Can anyone upload the holiday policy on here please.

Eb2b

I suspect tesco started the change from number of days to hours during the last pay review, Under the "you get paid the average hours you have done over the last x number of weeks" rather than just you contracted hours. So will be interesting to see if that still applies

whatajoke2019

In terms of Work & Pay, yes, holidays and bank holidays are being converted into hours.

We're going live soon with W&P in our store and this Friday will be the last time we'll use the old website for accessing our pay slips.

Anyone migrating to W&P soon has six months (January, sometime) to access P60s and wage slips on the old set up.

notsofunny

I suspect that they are moving from days to hours since many staff do some days that are longer than others and some have been booking the longer days as days off holidays ,,  someone I know used to book the 7 hour shift as holiday but never the 3 hour shift , so from now on it will be hours taken not days , what will be fun is if someone books 2 hours each shift and then comes in to do the other hours or if everyone did that ,, I do think this could help out those that just need a few hours off one day rather than taking a whole day off ,

whatajoke2019

It will be fairer for part time colleagues, definitely, and in some ways if you need to start work later one day (e.g. waiting for a delivery) at least you aren't wasting a whole day now.

Villager No.6

I’d be very surprised if we’ll be allowed to book specific hours off like in your example of waiting for a delivery.
Can anyone tell me if currently you’re working three 7hr and one 3hr shifts, when booking a short shift eg 3hrs and consequently using a full day of holiday allowance, is your holiday pay for that day 3hrs or actually a full day’s (7hr)?

lucgeo

Your holiday would be paid for the contracted day's hours....if Tuesday is a 3 hour shift, and you book Tuesday off, it's 3 hour holiday pay...your current allocated holiday allowance is days, not hours.

It's the same now is isn't it? You can say you have a delivery, appointment etc...and advise you'll be in at a later agreed time...you can offer to finish later that day, take as unpaid, work back the time or do a shift swap.

I would be very suprised if you could book part hours of your shift as holiday...you would have the scenario that @ notsofunny has highlighted.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk