Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

09-05-24, 08:41AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,485
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 240
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfo

I've asked for a new contract from head office and had no reply. i'm off till Sunday but will ask for confirmation that the contract I signed in March will be honoured. If I don't get confirmation in writing I'm not going to start the van and some people won't be getting their shopping. I'm sorry for the customers.

sfo

From Our Tesco website:
Every colleague will benefit from higher hourly rates of pay after the 10.5% pay increase. A small number of colleagues who saw a reduction to their premiums may see a net reduction in take-home pay based on their individual work pattern. Colleagues affected by this will receive communication from the end of June and will receive a one-off payment as part of the wider package of changes to pay and premiums.

Shafted

Quote from: sfo on 03-07-18, 10:11AM
I've asked for a new contract from head office and had no reply. i'm off till Sunday but will ask for confirmation that the contract I signed in March will be honoured. If I don't get confirmation in writing I'm not going to start the van and some people won't be getting their shopping. I'm sorry for the customers.
Your contract can be printed off instore by the wages clerk or stock and admin manager ( if they know how 🤔)

cfaw

QUESTION :question:  ???

I'm going to be receiving a couple of hundred.  Has anyone been told if they have to stay for a certain amount of time before leaving?

Contemplating giving my notice once the payment comes through.

P.s: someone in my store is getting £500 and hasn't worked Sundays for over a year!! Loophole tesco hasn't noticed?

Millie

Yes if you left within six months

yelsel

Company is a disgrace someone who doesn't even work Sundays and the rest of us who get zilch >:D

trolleyboy96

Don't forget it's Nov 2016-Nov 2017, may of have done shifts in that year..

cfaw

Quote from: Millie on 03-07-18, 05:15PM

I dont mean to come across like I dont believe you, but where does it say that?

Vanilla24

Quote from: cfaw on 03-07-18, 08:01PM
Quote from: Millie on 03-07-18, 05:15PM

I dont mean to come across like I dont believe you, but where does it say that?
. Would a colleague ever need to repay their one-off payment?
Yes. If a colleague leaves Tesco within six months (equivalent of six pay periods) after receiving a one-off payment they will
need to repay part of it based on the leaving date – the sooner the leaving date after receiving the payment, the more is
repaid.. The final leavers' pay would be reduced and then Tesco will write to an individual once they have left to agree how
to repay any balance owed.

Vanilla24

I found this on Our Tesco

yelsel

Company is a disgrace someone who doesn't even work Sundays and the rest of us who get zilch >:D

yelsel

Doesn't matter if they did shifts in that year they ate not working Sunday now so how can they be compensated for losing premium for the next 18 months when they are not doing Sundays

surlaroute

Quote from: strebor on 04-07-18, 12:38AM
Doesn't matter if they did shifts in that year they ate not working Sunday now so how can they be compensated for losing premium for the next 18 months when they are not doing Sundays

sounds perfectly logical given we're talking about a supermarket that can't even keep cereal on one aisle anymore lol*  :-X

(*in our store at least)

cosmosmallpiece

I am not convinced they have got this payment thing right. Ok yes in November when we get the pay increase I might not be out of pocket but between now and November I will be surely that's not right.

claden

It's a disgrace I will be worse off between now and November.

lucgeo

Quote from: Xxluckyxx on 02-07-18, 06:01PM
I don't see the problem why should sunday workers get paid more to do the same job. Its good to see a change to benefit everyone not just those lucky enough to be contracted to the right day.

Because for some people Sunday's remain sacred, be it religion, family day etc....the Sunday trading laws changed, and along with it came the pressure for Sunday workers, hence the double time rates. Now it's become the norm, the retail sector want to squeeze every trading hour they can in, before long it will be flat rate, and I dare say you will be seeing the problem then, along with a drop in pay.  Wont feel so lucky, lucky, lucky then eh ??? ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

I don't see the connection. Sunday is Sunday. If you want to opt out you can. If you attend church or want family time you can opt not to work. This about pay on Sunday's. If you have been contracted to Sunday or have done regular overtime that is a different issue. If you have given up going to church because you could earn more on a Sunday that is still your choice.
This is about a pay grade change that happens to relate to Sunday's. We had this same thing many years ago when Saturday premium was removed. People were compensated then too. The union should not have just agreed. There was a time when they would run campaignes to protect /support us. I can't remember when they last did this. If the won't run campaignes they are never going to go beyond this
We can argue or agree on what is happening but it is fact and going ahead. However, there does seem to be some very odd things going on with the compensation payment.

bugsbunny

There is definitely something wrong with this compensation payment. And I also will be worse off between now and November. Why have they not shown how they have worked the payment out

lucgeo

Aye, but for a lot of colleagues who agreed to work Sunday's seeing the opportunity to increase their income, for better standard of living, are now losing that income and the opportunity to opt out is no longer an option for them, with no guarantee of hours in the week being available. So the choice isn't really a choice anymore is it??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Hammer10

I just hope this comes and bites them on the arse, skilled areas especially just like bank holidays you need a baker or fishmonger or a butcher on meat counter they decide to opt out of Sunday's but don't worry about replacing them hours just going to lose the hours now,  that would be very funny and no one else picks up the hours just imagine how f***ed they will be then.

sfo

I agree completely . I've handed in a letter to opt out of Sunday let's see what happens

Bazinga1345

I've tried to work out if I am getting a payment, the problem is I was partly on nights during the calculations (Nov 16-17) then we was made a twilight store, meaning I also received a transition payment during that year.

sfo

If you haven't had a letter I doubt you'll get a payment.

his scots tie

Haven't had a letter yet.  I'm losing £60 per month, will get that back with both pay rises approx £23 and £37 .But will be £37 less for 5 months till November.  No payout either.

sfo

Same here 13 quid a week raise over two years doesn't quite add up to the 10.57per cent that was stated in the pay rise booklet and the cards they put all over the canteen last week - disingenuous b.......  Probably put the cards out to fool the new applicants

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk