Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:19AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,425
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 557
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 536
Total: 538

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

Not sure who you are referring to when you state some are of the opinion DC work is of greater value. Who said that?

I do agree that who ever or what ever goes up against T will be better equipt if they recognise and cover all possibilities.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

Quote from: forrestgimp on 21-08-18, 04:46PM
Quote from: Duracell on 20-08-18, 12:28PM
Quote from: surlaroute on 19-08-18, 09:57PM
Quote from: Duracell on 19-08-18, 07:20PM
QuoteIt is likely they will argue
a bit speculative?

if you haven't been following this entire thread which is mostly about how badly they worded this whole pay review and you come to that defensive conclusion instead of like umm preemptive action, I don't know what to do for your head.

I have followed not just the thread but much more in fact, probably more than I should do given what I an others have to contend with.
My question is defensive? The term used seemed speculative hence the ? So more of a question than a statement.

Obviously you think the speculative nature of the phrase is acceptable.

More along the lines of covering all bases,It is not a huge leap of faith to assume that Tesco would use a defence like that and as such they are correct in my opinion to ask what they do.

Surely even those on here who are of the opinion that DC work is of greater value can see that making sure a case is thoroughly prepared is of utmost importance.

It's intresting how you didn't chose to respond to my last post before yours which acknowledges the need to "cover all bases", yet you chose to highlight my post where I am uncertain and ask a question.

You have merely said the same as I did in a different way.
Except for a generalised statement about an opinion that DC work is of greater value.
Not sure where or how you intend to substantiate that statement but please ...

You have the floor
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

JL

All have been shafted it is that simple. Looks like the infighting stiil exists at Tesco.

Pedroximenez

I was just re reading the Q & A's about the changes to Sunday Premium and note that in the question entitled 'How were colleagues consulted on these changes?' They describe the 2 year pay deal as fair and simple competitive and sustainable to the business. Fair and Simple??? Under the same question it then goes on to say ' With any change there may be some people who do not benefit in the same way and some who may lose  out'  There is no 'MAY ' about it, ALL Sunday workers have lost out and are currently experiencing a notable reduction in their take home pay and that is simply not  FAIR.

Mrbline

Anybody got detail on managers night premiums including Sundays.

My manager is moaning the others get lots more, lol.

Grey goose

Night Managers still get full night premiums and Sunday premium

Mrbline

No they just been cut down to 1.25 the pay is massive difference to other two managers and night premium is different.

surlaroute

Quote from: Pedroximenez on 22-08-18, 01:22PM
I was just re reading the Q & A's about the changes to Sunday Premium and note that in the question entitled 'How were colleagues consulted on these changes?' They describe the 2 year pay deal as fair and simple competitive and sustainable to the business. Fair and Simple??? Under the same question it then goes on to say ' With any change there may be some people who do not benefit in the same way and some who may lose  out'  There is no 'MAY ' about it, ALL Sunday workers have lost out and are currently experiencing a notable reduction in their take home pay and that is simply not  FAIR.

we trusted them for the last time... I hope more comes from this but if nothing else comes from this I just hope at the very least they understand that it was for the last time.

cosmosmallpiece

Jesus I am short even more in my wages this month, was last months premium cut 3 weeks or 4 ?

Blodwyn

Quote from: cosmosmallpiece on 25-08-18, 05:42AM
Jesus I am short even more in my wages this month, was last months premium cut 3 weeks or 4 ?
Last month's premium cut was 3 weeks

cosmosmallpiece

Loki

Contractual Sunday's were 4 weeks not 3.

New rate commenced 1st July
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

cosmosmallpiece

If that's the case Loki I need to ask the question.

Loki

Note I stated contractual. My pay is exactly that to the penny.

bugsbunny

I am contracted Sundays, I have done exactly the same hours this month as I did last month so why is my pay even less this month than last. So June was the last month of 1.5 July was 1.25vso why is it lower again this month ( sorry if I am just being thick here)

Loki

Don't know lol.

Just break down the figures of your contractual pay and compare it to your gross figure on your payslip. You'll then see how much, if you are, short by.

Daredevil

Can anyone remember the pay rates for all staff levels between November 2017_2017?

his scots tie

Quote from: bugsbunny on 25-08-18, 08:41PM
I am contracted Sundays, I have done exactly the same hours this month as I did last month so why is my pay even less this month than last. So June was the last month of 1.5 July was 1.25vso why is it lower again this month ( sorry if I am just being thick here)
Only three sundays at time and 1/4 last month.Its 4 sundays at time 1/4 this month.

Loki

Not with regards to contractual Sunday's. The new hourly rate and Sunday's were paid at 4 weeks for contractual hours last month, NOT 3.

New rates commenced July 1st

Contracted Sunday shifts for 1, 8, 15 and 22 July would have been paid in July 27  pay.

his scots tie

Didnt think Sunday 22nd july would have been included in julys pay, with pay day the following friday july 27.

Loki

If it were an overtime shift, no it wouldn't. But contractual shift it would.

Cut off points for exceptions are different to contractual.

This has been in place for some time now. If you check further you'll find this to be correct.

surlaroute

Quote from: Loki on 26-08-18, 10:30PM
If it were an overtime shift, no it wouldn't. But contractual shift it would.

Cut off points for exceptions are different to contractual.

This has been in place for some time now. If you check further you'll find this to be correct.

Classic Tesco maths. I got paid more than expected this month and the only reason I can fathom is because I took that first saturday after pay day off sick lol. So I get paid more for being off sick now than if I work it. As I said to someone who asked the same question as above about the 3/4 week thing, it makes about as much sense as anything right now. I'm afraid I kind of laughed as I said it. I'm that done with this by now.

*sigh*

lucgeo

Tesco are renowned for over complicating everything  :-X  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

Just had a look at job vacancies

Customers are at the heart of everything we do. It takes lots of different people to run a store and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. Within one shift you could be guiding a customer to a product, serving on the checkouts, helping to fill shelves, taking a delivery or moving stock around the warehouse.

It's a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that's one of the things that makes it so rewarding.

Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.

So to sum up......they're going to acknowledge your lifestyle and accommodate.....provide all new flexi temps with the correct PPE to work all depts.... ;D ;D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Loki

"but that's one of the things that makes it so rewarding"

Apart from when you work Sundays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk