News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 07:51PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,433
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 557
Total: 561

Truck Rollovers

Started by Nomad, 10-07-05, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iworktoohard

Unity do still have MAN's, but i seldom see them these days. showing off in their shiney 56's

Basoo9

It was not a Tesco motor or driver it was a firm who run containers to the docks at Greenock.I must say it looked like one of our uniforms though.[      :o      ]

La Lutta Continua

goldie2011

All drivers that would have themselves regarded as professional should insist on checking their load for security purposes, office staff cannot refuse as this is your right as a responsible driver, they cannot ban every one for insisting on safe loads.  And what is more we should not blame the loaders for poor workmanship, blame should be laid firmly at the door of Tesco who feel that adequate training and induction is counter productive to profit margins.

Tenko

the overturn at Port Glasgow was an accident waiting to happen. Ironic that these new roundabouts are to bypass the new Port Extra store, but the roundabouts are neat and the lines dont follow the speed of vehicles, many cars drift into other lanes, so watch out drivers.

i have none

Basoo9

Was at Port Glasgow today ,No probs. 8)  How can you check your Tesco load when it is already sealed ???

La Lutta Continua

Deltic55

You can insist, and have the trailer re-sealed.

Basoo9

Not at Livingston you cant.F**k off and get on with your work comes to Mind. 8)

La Lutta Continua

Chairswan

I saw a Didcot wagon being towed along the A404 today, it didn't look battered but there were a few sc**pes along the box trailer... but then there always is on those anyway ;D

Psycho eyes (Moderator)
Psychee for short.

Biffer

Mercs always did go better on the back of a tow truck ;D

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

goldie2011

Bas009, that person who says get on with your work is a CPC holder no doubt, does not say much for their professionalism though, as always D.O.T. is more important than road safety. When something goes wrong ban the driver, I say get the loaders trained to do their jobs correctly, but this costs money, the ultimate responsibility falls on the management.

Biffer

Just to go off topic, get the drivers to fill in Load Defect forms. That sorts the loaders out.
back to topic again ;D

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

goldie2011

You can fill in a load defect form for every load but does it go to the relevant department for processing, in my experience they disappear due to certain persons not wishing to be troubled by extra work. Get a reference no, each complaint should be logged in and dealt with accordingly, the driver should receive feedback.

Deltic55

A very large squadron of pink pigs have just flown in formation past my window.........

Biffer

goldie, thats what happens at Harlow, get a ref No and get feedback, even getting Loaders retrained ;D

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

beefy

LOL,i have never ever ever seen this happen ever.:) ;D :);D :)  :D [:)] :D [:)] :o

kiss my****[:)]

beefy

quote:
Originally posted by Deltic55

A very large squadron of pink pigs have just flown in formation past my window.........

more chance of seeing a pink sabre tooth tiger being chased by a green trex with an orange mammoth tied to his back.with a plactypus in its mouth,shouting its all a joke we dont want to change your rotas and alter your t&cs,here have a 2000pound payrise.

kiss my****

goldie2011

This is an example of irresponsible management, whilst there are some good loaders, policy within tosco is 'get the job done on time', this is why there is a preference toward untrained staff who just get the trailer loaded, two questions, did the loaders name get changed on the delivery note? and was the h&s rep informed of the occurrence?

Full load of cages on board, but not sure if they are strapped in. Puts a whole new meaning to delivery on wheels.

Nomad

While the style/method of loading is very critical in the way that the vehicle behaves, we do have a topic for good/bad loading Etc

http://www.verylittlehelps.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5074

I would like this topic to go back to being for actual rollovers.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
To predict the future, just create it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Delivery Boy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/6921072.stm

This happened on Saturday morning with a Polish agency driver from Peterborough DC. The incident happened off the designated route on the risk assessment. The accident happened as the driver tried to reverse out of a wrong turning.

Fastway Fan

Double Decker on side A1 anybody know whos it is yet????

iworktoohard

A1, doncaster to peterborough perhaps? the A1 is a lonnng road..

Geezer100

Not a Tesco rollover, but Wiseman's Manchester had a artic rollover on second roundabout coming out from depo other week. Apparently Tacho shows he was doing 30+MPH. Witness has said that when driver took 1st roundabout, inside wheels on unit left tarmac.
Driver in BIG trouble.

rubber duck

Double Decker went over going into W/Green on Tuesday night, came out of Thurrock, seems the driver done his collar bone and a couple of ribs and cuts and bruises. Got no info on what the load was like though, but the chances are it was probably overweight.

paulofkent

From what i understand load was on top deck only, but then last night 8-8-07 two ndc drivers went over weighbridge at 46 and 48 ton so it proves Thurrock loads are two heavy for double deckers!!
lets wish the ndc driver a speedy recovery from all the drivers at Thurrock....

A TUNNEL TOO FAR

WIGIG

did not help the unit only being a 4 wheeler. Slip road closed for 13 hours. first bend of the motorway, plenty of skid marks and very flat trees and bushes!

"when its gone its gone"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk