Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 02:14PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,433
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 600
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 584
Total: 586

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizonarugby

Tesco are desperate increase profits, but unfortunately their is no forward thinking or innovation and the only way can do this is take short term measures and cut cost - which can only mean one thing, job losses, reduced hours, reduced premiums and changes to contracted hours.

The frightening thing is that st the moment the company is based on rumours, hearsay and lies - for f@@@sake just tell us the truth no matter how how painful i is

Expressdude2016

Tesco cant be that bad given they are spending over 3 billion on Booker.

Arizonarugby

Nothing surprises me anymore, but Tesco one the onestop convenience store group and have been trying to integrate the stores in to Tesco's delivery network , but have wasted a fortune in trying to do so.

Purchasing Booker will enable them to close the onestop distribution centres and supply the  stores (and probably some of the express stores) through booker - resulting in more job losses

snowyowl

I'm not suggesting for a moment that there is any connection but this Booker deal will certainly take the spotlight off how Tosco and their partners Usbore are cheating and mistreating employee's with regards to these current redundancies.  >:( >:( >:(

tiptop

just watching dispatches on channel4 featuring warehouse working conditions I hope Tesco head office are paying attention  (-*-)

notsofunny

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 27-01-17, 10:55AM
Nothing surprises me anymore, but Tesco one the onestop convenience store group and have been trying to integrate the stores in to Tesco's delivery network , but have wasted a fortune in trying to do so.

Purchasing Booker will enable them to close the onestop distribution centres and supply the  stores (and probably some of the express stores) through booker - resulting in more job losses

Well that's Likely to happen as far as the One stop part goes,, Not sure about the Express, But don't you think that is part of the cost savings they have talked about ?

Jonthebarsteward

Heard on the grapevine that there has been a few curveballs thrown in regarding the redundancy process.

JL

jonthebarsteward

Like what?

Minnie Mouse

Don't keep us waiting  ;D

Bensonbest

Don't mean to keep going on but does anyone know or heard any update on the express deputy manager role going ? Is it this week? Next week? Next year? After a zombie apocalypse???

Expressdude2016

bensonbest  week 1 / 2 consultations to begin.

Cheekymonkey007

Yes that's what I got told too ...
Cheeky monkey

Arizonarugby

Quote from: notsofunny on 30-01-17, 10:01PM
Quote from: Arizonarugby on 27-01-17, 10:55AM

Well that's Likely to happen as far as the One stop part goes,, Not sure about the Express, But don't you think that is part of the cost savings they have talked about ?

In the case of one stop and the express Tesco have tried to implement several solutions in to their existing network to service the convenience market, firstly to better utilise the fleet more effectively, secondly to intrigrate one drop in to Tesco's network to allow them to close the onestop ageing distribution centres but failed miserably

Jonthebarsteward

Quote from: JL on 06-02-17, 04:21PM
jonthebarsteward

Like what?

Whether it's a change of role or not

Cheekymonkey007

Of course it is ... lol ... pay drop is enough to secure that
Cheeky monkey

Jonthebarsteward

Quote from: Cheekymonkey007 on 07-02-17, 10:30AM
There is no pay drop for those that meet the criteria of the new role

Cheekymonkey007

Are we talking about Dm in express here ?
Cheeky monkey

Jonthebarsteward

No about the management restructure in distribution, as per the title.of thread and forum board

Cheekymonkey007

Title of this thread is management restructure, not only for distribution.
Cheeky monkey

crabbit

Aye but its on distribution/warehouse forum.....
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

snowyowl

As pretty as your are Cheekymonkey007 he's got you by the Albert Halls there.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheekymonkey007

Cheeky monkey

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Jonthebarsteward on 07-02-17, 02:49PM

In reality, there is a pay drop, those that stay will have to cover the duty Manager role, so effectively they will be doing the shift Managers job for less money. Furthermore, were is the development with in Tesco... in short non existent , what is the point of the options program, because at the end of it there's no where to go, add to this the graduate program and throw into the mix that the shift manager role down to the people advisor roles, everything is cut to the bare minimum with no contingency built in ,  it all adds up to one hell of a shortsighted mess.

There's already rumours on this site about the express  duty Managers role being cut , and I'm sure that DD will have further plans to reduce Managers in the stores i.e. one manager in charge of multiple departments/ as will shortly be the case in distribution.

[admin]Remember this is Distribution Warehouse section of forum.[/admin]

Jonthebarsteward

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 07-02-17, 07:47PM
Quote from: Jonthebarsteward on 07-02-17, 02:49PM

In reality, there is a pay drop, those that stay will have to cover the duty Manager role, so effectively they will be doing the shift Managers job for less money. Furthermore, were is the development with in Tesco... in short non existent , what is the point of the options program, because at the end of it there's no where to go, add to this the graduate program and throw into the mix that the shift manager role down to the people advisor roles, everything is cut to the bare minimum with no contingency built in ,  it all adds up to one hell of a shortsighted mess.

There's already rumours on this site about the express  duty Managers role being cut , and I'm sure that DD will have further plans to reduce Managers in the stores i.e. one manager in charge of multiple departments/ as will shortly be the case in distribution.

You are correct, any that are left will be in essence doing the shift/duty manager role on a regular basis for no financial gain. Something that holds a significantly greater amount of responsibility than the current role.

CoffeeGate

We've already had guys on options at our place drop off, all of them saying whats the point in continuing, usually we all know that the goal posts are moved for those on options but this time the goal posts have been taken away, can see exactly why they have had enough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk