News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:38PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,122
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordadmiral

yeah one bullet in your hand and next one between eyes :D

fieryjack55

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50883161
Forced labour to make Tesco christmas cards in China.

Long gone

Quote from: fieryjack55 on 22-12-19, 01:39PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50883161
Forced labour to make Tesco christmas cards in China.

Tesco dent it but of course it's true, Tesco are the s*** of the Earth

Jobless

The people may have done wrong but people shouldn't be forced to work.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

NightAndDay

I'd be scrutinising the audit firm (assuming it is a proper auditor and not a Mickey Mouse Tesco internal audit carrying out the "Comprehensive checks"). If foul play turns out to be the outcome and it's an internal audit, Tesco should be fined £100 billion.

Dougall

No they shouldn't you always talk such bollacks like a stuck up know all ex shift leader that actually knows nothing....why did you get punched in Macdonalds again on your first day?🤔

NightAndDay

You're a person who should know your betters, get back to stacking shelves meatsack.

penguin

Fined 100 billion, and where on earth would that money come from, it would bankrupt the company within half an hour of the fine being given out.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

King1999

Haha.... might be why our store is suddenly being open boxing day......apparently targets aren't being met anyone else heard anything.Desperate time in deluded Daves workshops.

NightAndDay

Quote from: penguin on 23-12-19, 05:56PM
Fined 100 billion, and where on earth would that money come from, it would bankrupt the company within half an hour of the fine being given out.

Society has no place for unethical work practices, Slave drivers used to be rich in the colonial days with the lawmakers supporting such acts, by letting Tesco off the hook by giving it a punitive fine will not stop it in pursuing it's inimical work practices.

Long gone

Tesco deserves to go into liquidation with this , I'd fine them more than 100 billion. Too bad I can't hand out the fines otherwise Tesco would be gone tomorrow I'd make sure of it

Dougall

Quote from: NightAndDay on 23-12-19, 05:34PM
You're a person who should know your betters, get back to stacking shelves meatsack.

And certainly aren't that ...

penguin

Quote from: Long gone on 23-12-19, 07:39PM
Tesco deserves to go into liquidation with this , I'd fine them more than 100 billion. Too bad I can't hand out the fines otherwise Tesco would be gone tomorrow I'd make sure of it

Maybe its for the best then that this sort of thing is left to the legal process and not the likes of yourself bankrupting companies and destroying the lives of tens of thousands of staff who are totally innocent in this. Don't get me wrong Tesco, the factory involved and the management who directly allowed this should if its proven face serious fines and custodial sentences but liquation is totally over the top.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Dougall

Agree Penguin 👍

NightAndDay

Quote from: penguin on 23-12-19, 08:08PM

Maybe its for the best then that this sort of thing is left to the legal process and not the likes of yourself bankrupting companies and destroying the lives of tens of thousands of staff who are totally innocent in this. Don't get me wrong Tesco, the factory involved and the management who directly allowed this should if its proven face serious fines and custodial sentences but liquation is totally over the top.

The problem with the legal process is that it places economy before law and order, the law can't punish Tesco due to the distributed nature of its entity. Corporations can get away with anything because of this. This isn't the first time Tesco has acted unethically and illegally and it won't be the last, even with the total volition of the legal process.

T2019sackallmanagers

This is yet another story to dent tescos reputation. Horsemeat scandal all over again. Tesco is literally allowing itself bad publicity and offending the British public again and again.  Expect more redundancies to follow as they'll use this as an excuse no doubt  ;D ;D ;D

Dougall

Quote from: NightAndDay on 23-12-19, 09:27PM
Quote from: penguin on 23-12-19, 08:08PM

The problem with the legal process is that it places economy before law and order, the law can't punish Tesco due to the distributed nature of its entity. Corporations can get away with anything because of this. This isn't the first time Tesco has acted unethically and illegally and it won't be the last, even with the total volition of the legal process.

You take yourself far too seriously 😆

Nomad

Tesco stopped rivals opening nearby stores, watchdog finds

"The competition watchdog has censured Tesco for breaking the law by blocking rivals from opening shops near its stores.

On Friday, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said Tesco had prevented competitors opening supermarkets in 23 locations in England and Wales, including five in London."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

If Tesco was hacked, your data could be being flogged for just £2.70 â€" research

QuoteEarlier this week Tesco revealed that data from 600,000 Clubcards, its loyalty programme, had potentially been accessed by miscreants. Citing "fraudulent activity", the supermarket said it would be issuing new cards to all members of its scheme.

Clubcard holders were being urged yesterday to change their passwords and login details on other sites using the same combination of username or email address and password.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lordadmiral

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-05/tesco-products-at-aldi-prices-supermarket-makes-price-pledge-to-tackle-rival/
Ha I see Jack format is not performing well so Tesco is trying something new :D

Nomad

Tesco takes back 300,000 sq ft in Middleton

QuoteThe supermarket giant, which vacated Tritax Symmetry’s Tectonic warehouse at Stakehill Industrial Estate in 2010, has now reoccupied the chilled and cold storage distribution unit in order to cope with extra demand caused by the coronavirus.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BlueToon

blackberry

Quite nostalgic to be getting deliveries from Middleton again, albeit now Grocery ones rather than Fresh.

Next they'll be reopening Middlewich!

Best wishes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk